News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empire3569

So I know these are hollow figures; I'm generally someone that prefers solid pvc figures with a good heft to them, does anyone know if it would be possible to fill these figures with something to make them more substantial? I was thinking maybe that liquid fake water material? Would appreciate input from some of the more experienced modelers

MESOZOIC BEAST

This is a very nice Spino figure, I prefer it with the curvature of the tail, it looks a more natural pose. I hope they keep the paintwork sensitive on this one (for some reason, sails/fins tend to attract some overly bizarre colour patterns on most dino models). Just a few facts, this was a very large animal, of circa 15 metres in length, so at 1:35 scale this would have to come in at almost a 43 cm (17 inches) display piece – which is very impressive of you Rebor, I'd like to see you do it, and, for that size of model, I hope you get it right

tanystropheus

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on November 06, 2018, 11:56:59 PM
Just for those wondering about the bendy tail on the Grab 'N Go, this was a response to a question on Facebook about the Grab 'N Go T-rex.

Perhaps, they use proprietary bendy technology...

Patrx

Do the "bendy" portions of REBOR's figures feature holes at regular intervals along their lengths? If they don't, whatever technique REBOR are using might in fact be somewhat peculiar to them, and possibly more expensive than the usual.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: empire3569 on November 07, 2018, 03:01:28 AM
So I know these are hollow figures; I'm generally someone that prefers solid pvc figures with a good heft to them, does anyone know if it would be possible to fill these figures with something to make them more substantial? I was thinking maybe that liquid fake water material? Would appreciate input from some of the more experienced modelers

I have the two versions of tyrannosaurus rex "Vanilla Ice" and I can affirm that their tails are not hollow, they are made of rubber and they are very flexible. I would have preferred both the Tyrannosaurus Rex "Vanilla Ice" and the three versions of Ankylosaurus that Rebor would have made in one piece like the rest of theropods, with the exception of the Rebor deinonychus that are also made with all the flexible body parts.

Syndicate Bias

I have yet to get one but Rebor has explained they arent cheap so I don't know why some people think they know it all like they oversee how Rebors products are made

stargatedalek

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 09, 2018, 07:57:19 AM
I have yet to get one but Rebor has explained they arent cheap so I don't know why some people think they know it all like they oversee how Rebors products are made
They didn't explain anything, they claimed something, with no information to back it up. It's not like we haven't caught REBOR outright lying about their products before.

Bendable wires are not an expensive thing to add. Toys sold at Dollar Stores have them, and heck, I think I've seen a few in drive-through meals over the years.

It is possible they are doing things in a different way that makes it cost more, whether that's because the process is simply less efficient, or because they've done something different purposefully. But we've yet to see any evidence of this, and their claims that the process is expensive are always phrased very broadly.

Until we're shown something about the inner workings that makes their bendable wires so special, I'm going to continue assuming this is just them posturing yet again.

MESOZOIC BEAST

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 09, 2018, 03:18:17 PM
They didn't explain anything, they claimed something, with no information to back it up. It's not like we haven't caught REBOR outright lying about their products before.

Bendable wires are not an expensive thing to add. Toys sold at Dollar Stores have them, and heck, I think I've seen a few in drive-through meals over the years.

It is possible they are doing things in a different way that makes it cost more, whether that's because the process is simply less efficient, or because they've done something different purposefully. But we've yet to see any evidence of this, and their claims that the process is expensive are always phrased very broadly.

Until we're shown something about the inner workings that makes their bendable wires so special, I'm going to continue assuming this is just them posturing yet again.

I don't think that it is really necessary to be making this kind of comment

stargatedalek

Quote from: MESOZOIC BEAST on November 09, 2018, 08:07:43 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 09, 2018, 03:18:17 PM

I don't think that it is really necessary to be making this kind of comment
Not to sound passive aggressive, but, entirely seriously, you should expect people will tend to make lengthy, deconstructing comments when they're accused of lying or incompetence. I don't take thinly veiled attempts at character assassination like "I don't know why some people think they know it all" lightly.

Unless you're saying my post is in some way attacking REBOR or people who like their products? I'm not, I happen to like a lot of their products and I'm eagerly awaiting their Titanoboa and Dunkleosteus. But this company has a history of deceptive marketing statements and lies, nothing they say through a company account should be taken at face value.

Syndicate Bias

Offtopic, anyways cant wait for their green JP Rex  ;D

Minmiminime

Me neither, though it'll be the brown one for me 😊 I thought I had both pop culture and rex fatigue, but I can't resist this one. I'll pass on the Dilophosaurs and adorable hatchling statues etc, but Rexy here will find a very welcome home. As will their forthcoming Grab 'n' Go line
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias I also await with impatience and anticipation the two tyrannosaurs of Rebor from January 2019. Further on in time are the two Titanoboas of Rebor.

Minmiminime

No-one can accuse them of being formulaic. Who'd have imagined a Lonesome George?? https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/1791394714320862/
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

It is good that Rebor is encouraged to make figures of current animals that unfortunately are no longer with us as the turtle of Pinta Island George. It would be interesting a quagga, a Tylacino or a Persian tiger or a Caspian tiger or a Cape lion to give some examples.

Flaffy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 10, 2018, 10:27:41 AM
Further on in time are the two Titanoboas of Rebor.
According to Rebor, there'll be 4 colour variants of Titanoboa:
"Swamp", "Jungle", "Badlands" and "Albino"

So far the swamp colours are pretty boring imo, hopefully one of the other 3 will peak my interest.

The tortoise is a nice change, I look forward to it. Hoepfully Rebor doesn't butcher it by giving it unnecessary, unattractive fantasy features *cough* titanoboa angry eyebrows *cough*::)

Minmiminime

Their digital sculpting seems to be getting better all the time 😊 George here is looking really good, a fitting tribute to him. I really didn't expect this. Who knows what they'll come up with next?! Maybe they are going to do a series dedicated to the unfortunate fellow beings we've wiped out, and we will see thylacines and dodos and moas etc.

stargatedalek

I hope the tortoise is nice and big, my Safari IC Galapagos Tortoise needs a friend.

tanystropheus

With all these color variants, I am going to have to give up the notion of one day becoming a CollectA completist (It's far easier to obtain a near complete Papo collection). At least, there are options.

Shonisaurus

avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus Honestly for me it is also frustrating to buy the different color variants of Rebor prehistoric animals I really like the Rebor brand but with as many color variants as it is the case of titanoboa at the end you will have one to decant for only one variety of color each Dinosaur species or prehistoric animal. In my case I can not have all the color variants that the Rebor company makes of prehistoric animals is too much for me both from the economic point of view and from the point of view of space. Totally agree with you.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 11, 2018, 12:51:54 AM
With all these color variants, I am going to have to give up the notion of one day becoming a CollectA completist (It's far easier to obtain a near complete Papo collection). At least, there are options.
Ummmm.....did you mean Rebor?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: