News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRONSON

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 29, 2019, 08:01:54 PM
Looks like Rebor are going into other lines, this Megalania is a bit of a surprise! https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/1904605302999802/

Thats a good sign to be honest, if they are doing contracted work that means it can help float the books and allow them more funds to work on dinosaurs, its a Komodo dragon though  :P

Minmiminime

They teased a model of Lonesome George the tortoise a while ago, so it looks like they're going to be doing some more recently extinct wildlife as well as the dinosaurs. This Megalania/Komodo dragon is out of the blue, no teasers, nothing! Maybe we'll get some extinct mega-birds...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

BRONSON

Quote from: Minmiminime on January 29, 2019, 10:19:25 PM
They teased a model of Lonesome George the tortoise a while ago, so it looks like they're going to be doing some more recently extinct wildlife as well as the dinosaurs. This Megalania/Komodo dragon is out of the blue, no teasers, nothing! Maybe we'll get some extinct mega-birds...

What like Margeret Thatcher ?

Shadowknight1

If they did a bunch of different colored Terror Birds, I'd totally buy some!  Especially if they do a yellow one...might as well just call it a Chocobo at that point lol
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

BRONSON

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 29, 2019, 11:56:42 PM
If they did a bunch of different colored Terror Birds, I'd totally buy some!  Especially if they do a yellow one...might as well just call it a Chocobo at that point lol

What like big bird from sesame street ?

Minmiminime

😹 Oh, stop it! I suspect a moa or dodo is reasonably likely
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

MESOZOIC BEAST

The Spino is not all bad, it's almost there, but the overly large osteoderms (especially the dorsal area of the neck behind the head), just doesn't look right to me. This is one of those models that would really benefit with the addition of a base, perhaps a water-type feature, with some half-devoured fish for added detail. Now that would be nice. As it stands, I'll probably give this one a miss

Shonisaurus

Schleich's spinosaurus, Safari, Papo (limited version), PNSO and now Rebor this is going to be the year of the scientific spinosaurus. The first ones that gave way to that type of spinosaurus were first Collecta and then Favorite.

Collecta has created an important precedent that has made Rebor make a paleoartistic representation according to the great scientific data of that animal although we will still have to wait for the project to end.

Syndicate Bias

I'll be getting all 3. Only one im.worried about is PNSO Spino due to the paint quality

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias I agree with you. Let's hope we do not carry an unpleasant surprise with the PNSO spinosaurus, as I fear it will happen with its amargasaurus (mine is on the way but still not sent by the celebrations of the Chinese New Year) but honestly with respect to the spinosaurus of Rebor I am sure that the figure will be great.

Minmiminime

According to ED the King Trident is on hold...they are currently concentrating on their Grab n Go line, which seems to include more recently extinct creatures as a project for London Zoo (?). Given that information, I suspect it'll be some time before we see the pop culture Dilophosaurus pair, or the Stegosaurus. But we may get the T. rex and Spinosaurus later this year

Takama

Quote from: Minmiminime on February 02, 2019, 11:19:35 AM
There are some more pictures of the Amargasaurus from MHHK on FB: https://www.facebook.com/777952542257082/posts/2260606483991673/
It's a lovely looking figure and I really like this colour scheme and I definitely will pick it up, but it definitely looks like they've gone for the laughing horse look as well as the weird feet 🤔 I would love a closer look at the head as I'm hopeful it might be a keratinous lip rather than exposed teeth, but I strongly suspect the latter..!
More pictures of "Nick", too https://www.facebook.com/777952542257082/posts/2260606040658384/
As for Rebor, according to ED the King Trident is on hold...they are currently concentrating on their Grab n Go line, which seems to include more recently extinct creatures as a project for London Zoo (?). Given that information, I suspect it'll be some time before we see the pop culture Dilophosaurus pair, or the Stegosaurus. But we may get the T. rex and Spinosaurus later this year

Those models you linked Too are not REBOR They are PNSO :)

Minmiminime

avatar_Takama @Takama apologies, not sure how I managed that. Mustn't have been concentrating that day ;) Too much dino excitement!!

empire3569

Quote from: Takama on February 05, 2019, 04:31:51 PM
There are some more pictures of the Amargasaurus from MHHK on FB: https://www.facebook.com/777952542257082/posts/2260606483991673/
It's a lovely looking figure and I really like this colour scheme and I definitely will pick it up, but it definitely looks like they've gone for the laughing horse look as well as the weird feet 🤔 I would love a closer look at the head as I'm hopeful it might be a keratinous lip rather than exposed teeth, but I strongly suspect the latter..!
More pictures of "Nick", too https://www.facebook.com/777952542257082/posts/2260606040658384/
As for Rebor, according to ED the King Trident is on hold...they are currently concentrating on their Grab n Go line, which seems to include more recently extinct creatures as a project for London Zoo (?). Given that information, I suspect it'll be some time before we see the pop culture Dilophosaurus pair, or the Stegosaurus. But we may get the T. rex and Spinosaurus later this year

It's funny that should get posted, I honestly believe that now with the resurgence of PNSO and other high-quality Chinese companies, there is literally no reason to buy Rebor (unless you like inaccurate unlicensed movie ripoffs).  The fact that they are releasing this "Grab n Go" line of hollow vinyl figures shows, at least to me, that they are suffering hard from the market saturation. When Rebor first came out, they were making extremely high quality, albeit inaccurate, models on a fairly consistent basis, and really the only company that challenged them in the quality department was Papo. Now that PNSO is churning out amazing models that have been teased for the past several years, and presumably plans to continue to do so once those teased sculpts have been released, they literally offer everything Rebor does and more. And, if you do like movie clones, then you have companies like W-dragon and Nanmu producing high-quality JP replicas. Even Papo now with their new limited edition Spinosaurus is competing with them

I think it all boils down to the fact that Rebor has no niche; their JP replicas aren't completely accurate (ie all the small bumps on the upcoming Killer Queen) and their scientific models aren't completely accurate to appeal to the same crowd PNSO does. Ultimately I think Rebor will continue to produce models because they seem to have a hardcore cult following. However, increased market and constant teases/promises that are never kept I think is ultimately going to hurt them in the long run

Shonisaurus

Man for example Tyrannosaurus Killer Queen of Rebor based on Jurassic Park is a very finished and very realistic figure. I sincerely hope to see your new scientific spinosaurus and its three titanoboas with their corresponding crocodiles.

You should not be doomsayers with Rebor. It makes figure also very pretty.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: empire3569 on February 05, 2019, 08:48:06 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 05, 2019, 04:31:51 PM

It's funny that should get posted, I honestly believe that now with the resurgence of PNSO and other high-quality Chinese companies, there is literally no reason to buy Rebor (unless you like inaccurate unlicensed movie ripoffs).  The fact that they are releasing this "Grab n Go" line of hollow vinyl figures shows, at least to me, that they are suffering hard from the market saturation. When Rebor first came out, they were making extremely high quality, albeit inaccurate, models on a fairly consistent basis, and really the only company that challenged them in the quality department was Papo. Now that PNSO is churning out amazing models that have been teased for the past several years, and presumably plans to continue to do so once those teased sculpts have been released, they literally offer everything Rebor does and more. And, if you do like movie clones, then you have companies like W-dragon and Nanmu producing high-quality JP replicas. Even Papo now with their new limited edition Spinosaurus is competing with them

I think it all boils down to the fact that Rebor has no niche; their JP replicas aren't completely accurate (ie all the small bumps on the upcoming Killer Queen) and their scientific models aren't completely accurate to appeal to the same crowd PNSO does. Ultimately I think Rebor will continue to produce models because they seem to have a hardcore cult following. However, increased market and constant teases/promises that are never kept I think is ultimately going to hurt them in the long run

Nanmu will definitely beat them on the JP market because they are actually making stuff most people want like the carno and mosa and Indos.

But that doesn't mean Rebor will be failing anytime soon, as far as quality goes they have the best still. Papo is up there with them but PNSO is not. Unless you're ignoring the clouded paint jobs and sticky mouths it's obvious PNSO has some quality issues as well as they changed their models in paint applications too.

Their Grab N Go line is the best thing they've done so far imo. Their t rex and Spino are the only figures in currently interested in though. So I can't disagree with everything you've said, aside from the cult following there's also normal collectors who buy Rebor. Only issue I have with them is the overdone scales but that's literally it

BRONSON

I think when I finally get a model that it will most likely be a Rebor one, I want more of a statue, it can be monstrous with scary teeth and claws and even eat meat I dont care lol, as long as the pose, colour, detail, and quality is good (and it stands up with little hassle on its own) I will be happy, I really liked the PNSO Ceratosaurus, but the pose put me off, it looks like its peeing up a lampost and the pre-production model is far better than the production one, I like the detail on PNSO but some of their models look like they have been on steroids and I am not keen on the obvious multipart construction of some models

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: BRONSON on February 06, 2019, 08:04:12 AM
I think when I finally get a model that it will most likely be a Rebor one, I want more of a statue, it can be monstrous with scary teeth and claws and even eat meat I dont care lol, as long as the pose, colour, detail, and quality is good (and it stands up with little hassle on its own) I will be happy, I really liked the PNSO Ceratosaurus, but the pose put me off, it looks like its peeing up a lampost and the pre-production model is far better than the production one, I like the detail on PNSO but some of their models look like they have been on steroids and I am not keen on the obvious multipart construction of some models

I won't lie to you alot of Rebor models suffer from falling as many papos and Eofaunas Giganotosaurus do. The only one I haven't had problems with is the V Rex model but everything else I have to find ways. For example the Rebor Acro is nice, I have the whole set with the carcass and deinonychus clan but the acro does not place well on its own base unless it's in a very specific spot where I found that even with minor movements it will stay in place and won't fall. It's on the pebble further up left corner of the base. But otherwise this model along with almost every rebor model suffers from it.(Forgot the Carno is actually perfect)

BRONSON

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 06, 2019, 08:15:09 AM
Quote from: BRONSON on February 06, 2019, 08:04:12 AM

I won't lie to you alot of Rebor models suffer from falling as many papos and Eofaunas Giganotosaurus do. The only one I haven't had problems with is the V Rex model but everything else I have to find ways. For example the Rebor Acro is nice, I have the whole set with the carcass and deinonychus clan but the acro does not place well on its own base unless it's in a very specific spot where I found that even with minor movements it will stay in place and won't fall. It's on the pebble further up left corner of the base. But otherwise this model along with almost every rebor model suffers from it.(Forgot the Carno is actually perfect)

Thanks I dont mind doing a little DIY or using blue tac, I was wondering if those Command© strips could be used somehow, as my daughter uses those in her house to hang really heavy paintings on the wall.

Dilopho

I'm a little out of the loop, here...what does "Grab and Go" mean?
To me, that sounds like you're meant to grab it and run out of the shop with it. lol.  O:-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: