News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

So when's the live one coming? ::)

So far I've only been excited about Rebor's non-dinosaur offerings (these two crocs included)... So if Rebor actually has plans to make a Nigersaurus adult, then consider me stoked! However, as with Rebor it's hard to get too excited for anything they announce considering half the projects they unveil have gone into limbo. Still waiting on that live Tenontosaurus and Lonesome George.

Faelrin

My guess would be a dead Nigersaurus as well, since didn't these two co-exist?

I think it's actually great that both of these come with prey. I mean sure it is typical of Rebor, but it reminds me of their Acrocanthosaurus diorama which is still one of my favorite figure sets anyone has done (if only I could complete it). And aside from CollectA they are essentially the only company willing to do dinosaur corpses. Our many prehistoric carnivore figures should have meals to be displayed with (and in the same vein I think more prehistoric plants should be available for herbivores, because there is also a small selection of those).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

I mean we can start seeing more alive herbivores if Rebor gets enough sales.
You know what will be cool? A herbivore that can pose as a carcass and a live one, and the parts can be joined to cover up the gore. But some way or another it will backfire. I'm think I'm a bit too vague right now

Faelrin

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I think that's actually a very interesting idea there. The Tenontosaurus was almost there in that regard.

Flaffy

Rebor included a "#Nigersaurus" on their Instagram post of the carcass.

I guess that's one mystery solved.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Over9K on April 28, 2022, 06:00:59 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 28, 2022, 05:07:51 AM
What is that? A juvenile Nigersaurus?

REBOR has not yet specified.
No way that isn't a Nigersaurus, though.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 29, 2022, 10:37:05 AM

No way that isn't a Nigersaurus though

Quote from: Flaffy on April 29, 2022, 02:32:51 AM

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2022, 03:26:20 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 29, 2022, 10:37:05 AM

No way that isn't a Nigersaurus though

Quote from: Flaffy on April 29, 2022, 02:32:51 AM

yes niger has a very distinct skull shape and lived with sarco
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Thialfi

Rebor is doing a diplodocus (with bendable neck and tail) 👀

Carnoking

I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st. I'd have an easier time believing I fell through a time slip and wound up on April Fool's Day than believing this!

LBDINO

The future is bright for rebor i think the sales from kiss and tusk will be there best to date. Which could lead to more accurate dinos and that diplo will boost it even more cant wait to see what else is to cole from them in the future.

KrazyKaprosuchus

I can only pray that more accurate dinos are to come. And finally, I can have diplo out of that completely horizontal pose! :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's an ambitious idea..one I fully support as long as the material is good for bending and not like the Titanoboa. I wonder about the size but even if 2' I'd buy it.

Pliosaurking

If it's like typical Rebor and in 1 30 scale (the scale of most of their models) it should be roughly 30 to 34 inches long

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pliosaurking on May 06, 2022, 11:41:27 PM
If it's like typical Rebor and in 1 30 scale (the scale of most of their models) it should be roughly 30 to 34 inches long

That would be fantastic, but the shipping issues might be something..though I suppose they might be able to do a separate neck/tail and stack the parts?   Probably be next year or later before it's ready but impressed so far.

Faelrin

I truly hope this one does release. It looks great. And would go nice alongside their other Morrison formation figures. Minor gripe is the lack of lips, but I really like the good job they did with this. A bendy neck and tail would be so much fun for me and no other sauropod figures on the market have that option. I hope they do a WWD coloration too.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 06, 2022, 11:49:08 PM
Quote from: Pliosaurking on May 06, 2022, 11:41:27 PM

That would be fantastic, but the shipping issues might be something..though I suppose they might be able to do a separate neck/tail and stack the parts?   Probably be next year or later before it's ready but impressed so far.

I would imagine the tail and neck would separate, or at the very least, the tail. Not that that matters much with diplodocus, the box would still have to be designed specifically to accommodate the tail... And yeah, if the 1:35 scale is taken at face value, the figure would be at least 29 inches to be in scale with Dippy itself. Then again, it's true that REBOR's work tends to float closer to 1:30 scale...

Either way, it looks like I'll have to get around to picking up their Saurophaganax as well now.

Carnoking

Quote from: Faelrin on May 07, 2022, 12:11:35 AM
Minor gripe is the lack of lips, but I really like the good job they did with this.

REBOR mentioned in a comment that they're doing an open and close mouthed version.

Over9K

With a separate neck and tail, which they'd have to be for bendiness, packaging would be easy, 12" X 12" X 6" I would imagine. Think a Nanmu box, only two of them laid side-by-side the long way.

IMO, there's no real reason not to offer Dippy in the typical REBOR 1/32-1/30 scale, other than pricing.

Are people going to be willing to pay Nanmu+ money for REBOR products? Dippy at 30" inches with bendy neck and tail would have to be $100+ bucks. Would they accept that there may be significantly fewer sales at that price-point?

If they did Dippy at 1/40, and a real 1/40, they could probably get down to a price much closer to their $50 price-point they like to hang out at.

It will be interesting to see what they do, but as avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon says, and given the number of irons REBOR has in the fire (King Trident/Invicta Retrosaur/Dire Wolf/Meta&Lica/GNG Gator/Pteranodon) it'll likely be a while before we see a physical prototype and size comparisons with previous product. Personally, I'd like to be able to photograph my Saurophaganax hunting ol' Dipster here, but we shall see.

Carnoking

I also have no idea how a bendy wire will take in that tail. It gets real thin real quick...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: