News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Meanwhile, over at REBOR's FB page, it's "size comparison time!"

stargatedalek

Is it going to come with a little gator? Or will that come with the GnG gator?

RafSwi7

QuoteREBOR 1:35 Triceratops horridus "Trident" Horn of Doom ver.
With deadly flesh eating bacteria living in rotten tissues gathered between cracks of the shattered left horn from countless battles Trident fought in, even a single scratch by this horn of doom can cause fatal infections and lead to a slow and painful death-fortunately few could survived from Trident's intial charge to meet this gruesome end!

Carnoking

That's coming right along and lookin' pretty dope I gotta say. Here's hoping Trident, Kiss, and Tusk will be here sooner rather than later!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: RafSwi7 on April 12, 2022, 07:26:52 PM
QuoteREBOR 1:35 Triceratops horridus "Trident" Horn of Doom ver.
With deadly flesh eating bacteria living in rotten tissues gathered between cracks of the shattered left horn from countless battles Trident fought in, even a single scratch by this horn of doom can cause fatal infections and lead to a slow and painful death-fortunately few could survived from Trident's intial charge to meet this gruesome end!

EVIL!!!  Is it also blinded on one eye? Not the biggest fan of ceratopsians, but I so hope it scales right to the upcoming "Kiss"

JohannesB

Looks very good. Quite a nice 'presence' and a beautiful colourscheme. Not a fan of those cheeks though. I would have bought it if it came out a few years ago, but now ceratopsians from other companies are higher on my buying-/wishlist.   

Faelrin

Better late then never, and I'm finally glad to see it's getting some due. I am very tempted to pick up this alongside Tusk, which sports the original Rebor T. rex coloration, but is way more accurate to life. And sure this Triceratops is far from being accurate, but it definitely is stylistically consistent with their original ones (the dead queen and the baby).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Skorpio V.

LOVE the osteoderms on King Trident! The torn horn is a really nice touch too, and I love the shape of the frill. It also matches the more modern sculpt style of PNSO/Papo so it may fit in more seamlessly sharing a shelf with those brands, even if it might lean on the bigger side.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

My Saurophaganax from BBTS came in today, did a quick paint custom to the face :

RafSwi7

QuoteREBOR 1:35 Triceratops horridus "Trident" King Ver.
Meet Trident the proud Triceratops king in his prime!

Carnoking

Looks like i'm in for another tough choice!

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 16, 2022, 05:25:35 AM
My Saurophaganax from BBTS came in today, did a quick paint custom to the face :

Noice 'n' Punky!

How is the overall finish on that version? The Badlands version, or at least my example of it, is WAY too glossy. I'll have to give it a coat of mattte clear...

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Over9K on April 17, 2022, 12:03:31 AM

Noice 'n' Punky!

How is the overall finish on that version? The Badlands version, or at least my example of it, is WAY too glossy. I'll have to give it a coat of mattte clear...

Oh no please don't cus that's going to turn all those beautiful metallic dry brushing into matt and dirty colours

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on April 17, 2022, 12:03:31 AM

Noice 'n' Punky!

Not really glossy at all.  Maybe a bit down the center spine?  My only minor issue is the mouth needed more color variation and detailing, but it's cool.

Shadowknight1

No images, but I too received my Saurophaganax(Volcanic Cavern) and I love it.  I also like how much of an improvement the skin texture is over the older releases like the Acrocanthosaurus.  Nowhere near as bumpy.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

What a beautiful triceratops! Honestly it is much more attractive than saurophaganax from my point of view. Rebor has done a very good job with that herbivore the paint application is great. Is the size known?

Over9K

Quote from: REBORThe very first REBOR Sauropod annnnnnnd
It's a dead one. Classic REBOR  ;D

BlueKrono

What is that? A juvenile Nigersaurus?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Over9K

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 28, 2022, 05:07:51 AM
What is that? A juvenile Nigersaurus?

REBOR has not yet specified.

Carnoking

Once again, I'm tempted to get a figure I don't really want just for the unique accessory  ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: