News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on May 16, 2023, 08:44:34 PMHonestly that's pretty good. They're praised by many here, and I may just have to acquire that Garden variant.

My only disappointment I still have is avoiding the Acrocanthosaurus! Bring it back!

I think I'd like to see them redo it actually. Given the level of detail and workmanship they have now vs the early pieces it would just feel a step backward to release it again to me.

Faelrin

Good to hear the Stegosaurus is getting another batch done, especially after all this time. Feared I had missed out on the Woodland variant. Just pre-ordered it on BBTS. Estimated to release Q3 2023. It's not the most accurate Stegosaurus on the market, what with the Safari LTD and PNSO figures are out there, but it's one on of my favorite takes on it yet (I also really like the coloration on the smaller, and older PNSO Stegosaurus). I know green and brown is so typical for Stegosaurus, but it's such a classic color scheme, and I'm so used to seeing Stegosaurus with it, that anything without that just feels off to me in some way (not that it can't look good). Hopefully by the time this releases I'm in a better spot by then. I'd since had to cancel my Deinosuchus pre-order, as well as the Diplodocus.

Hopefully anyone here that gets the Diplodocus could get a comparison between their Stegosaurus, maybe with their Saurophaganax and/or old Ceratosaurus too (one of the few I have in my collection from them, the others being the original rubber Titanoboa, the original Carnotaurus, the Deinonychus, Kiss, and King Trident).

I also agree it would be great to see either the original Acrocanthosaurus return, or get an updated and revised version, especially if they won't do another run of it (though would be nice for the Tenontosaurus neck accessory to make a return). Yutyrannus is also worthy of an update. Only (non mini, non action figure) options include the PNSO and Safari Ltd figures to my knowledge. I'm surprised Yutyrannus doesn't have more options out there really. I thought it was a popular dinosaur?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Skorpio V.

They just teased the head-neck unpainted sculpts of their Giganotosauruses on Instagram and I might honestly like Rebor's headsculpt over the more ambiguously-allosauroid and lipless sculpt in PNSO's!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Remko

Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 23, 2023, 07:43:14 AMThey just teased the head-neck unpainted sculpts of their Giganotosauruses on Instagram and I might honestly like Rebor's headsculpt over the more ambiguously-allosauroid and lipless sculpt in PNSO's!

Just hoping they won't make it into the JW: Dominion monstrosity with Concavenator like sail...

But that figure indeed looks already fantastic.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 23, 2023, 07:43:14 AMThey just teased the head-neck unpainted sculpts of their Giganotosauruses on Instagram and I might honestly like Rebor's headsculpt over the more ambiguously-allosauroid and lipless sculpt in PNSO's!

ok thats megacool, i already have eofaunas and pnsos but this one is tempting.

SidB

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 23, 2023, 12:14:44 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Rebor is finally starting to fulfil their huge potential as paleo-artists.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SidB on May 23, 2023, 12:22:43 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 23, 2023, 12:14:44 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Rebor is finally starting to fulfil their huge potential as paleo-artists.

they were beyond close, the only issue to kiss and tusk were their " evil eyes" making them slightly more movie monster than smth like pnso , then again lips XD

Lynx

I don't get what evil eyes mean unless your talking about the darker coloring around the eyes, but in that case lots of animals have evil eyes.
An oversized house cat.

Thialfi

Rebor just posted this on their pages, George is out there! 😍

Skorpio V.

Anyone else kinda bummed out that the JWD sculpt is consistently getting higher likes over the accurate one  :'( ?
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 23, 2023, 03:31:01 PMAnyone else kinda bummed out that the JWD sculpt is consistently getting higher likes over the accurate one  :'( ?

Nah. It's going to happen, the JW version has more publicity in popular media, so when the general masses think "Giganotosaurus" ( most will just call it that other big one that fought the T-Rex ) they will think of it.  Personally I don't mind that either, it brings people to attractions like our park here and I can tell them about the real animal. Then they might take that away with them. It's a slower process than film but it's fine.

I already plan to get the lipped version as I already have Nanmu's Giga and with my other preorders I'm pretty tapped out on JW Gigas..unless maybe a HC one comes out then I'm done. 

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 23, 2023, 03:31:01 PMAnyone else kinda bummed out that the JWD sculpt is consistently getting higher likes over the accurate one  :'( ?
"I said it before and I'll say it again, democracy simply doesn't work"
-Kent Brockman

Flaffy

Quote from: Thialfi on May 23, 2023, 03:22:25 PM

Rebor just posted this on their pages, George is out there! 😍

Finally! My most anticipated release from Rebor.

dragon53

Over9K

Just me, or are there two different paint schemes going on in that wonderful, amazing George picture?

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, since George is GNG06 and Bizkit is GNG07/08, and now we've seen these new George images, does this mean George is still next in the GNG line, or simultaneous release with Bizkit, or ???

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on May 25, 2023, 07:00:00 AMJust me, or are there two different paint schemes going on in that wonderful, amazing George picture?

one does more grey vs brown

Over9K

REBOR, on Facebook...

QuoteREBOR GNG01 1:6 Komodo dragon
REBOR GNG06 1:6 Pinta Island tortoise Lonesome George
Both are coming this July, preorders starting soon!

Thialfi

Great news, thanks for sharing! Is that Komodo dragon a repaint?

dragon53

Over9K

Quote from: Thialfi on June 14, 2023, 10:24:18 AMGreat news, thanks for sharing! Is that Komodo dragon a repaint?

I was thinking it looked different to the OG release I have.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: