News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Quote from: Over9K on June 14, 2023, 06:33:41 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on June 14, 2023, 10:24:18 AMGreat news, thanks for sharing! Is that Komodo dragon a repaint?

I was thinking it looked different to the OG release I have.
Right? It looks a little more brown I'd say. Perhaps the kind of difference they are doing for their American alligator and George as well: sort of sandy dry brown and a more wet green.

Over9K

Quote from: Thialfi on June 14, 2023, 06:48:44 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on June 14, 2023, 10:24:18 AMGreat news, thanks for sharing! Is that Komodo dragon a repaint?

Right? It looks a little more brown I'd say. Perhaps the kind of difference they are doing for their American alligator and George as well: sort of sandy dry brown and a more wet green.

The new one is definitely a lighter tone all around.

I also notice that the seams on the legs are very visible in the new pic. On the one I have the seams are virtually invisible. I'll take a comparison photo later.

Thialfi

Thanks avatar_Over9K @Over9K, very curious about that!

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Over9K on June 14, 2023, 07:05:57 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on June 14, 2023, 06:48:44 PM

The new one is definitely a lighter tone all around.

I also notice that the seams on the legs are very visible in the new pic. On the one I have the seams are virtually invisible. I'll take a comparison photo later.

It's pretty much the same as the older release, just manufactured by a different factory. The one in those new stock image looks lighter in colour cus we upgraded our photography equipments&lighting system so photos are now more faithful to the real thing.

If you've already got a copy then there's no need to buy another one ;)

Thialfi

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO thanks for your response, good to know!

Over9K

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 14, 2023, 10:43:44 PMIt's pretty much the same as the older release, just manufactured by a different factory. The one in those new stock image looks lighter in colour cus we upgraded our photography equipments&lighting system so photos are now more faithful to the real thing.

If you've already got a copy then there's no need to buy another one ;)

This just blew my mind. In-hand, the figure is darker AND the seams are invisible. But, take a photo on a white background and suddenly, the dragon is blonde and those seams pop right out!

TheImmortalEye

when does that grab n go alligator release?

Paleo Flo

Nice items! My daughter will love George O:-)
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Takama

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO  just posted pics of a new Spinosaurus they seem to be working on.

This would be the third one they worked on since the Grab N Go one got Canned

Over9K

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 15, 2023, 07:57:29 AMwhen does that grab n go alligator release?

I would imagine shortly after George.

Lynx

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE SPINO FOR SO LONG YESSSS

I'll definitely be picking it up since it's already a Grab n Go, which tend to be far cheaper. And plus, Spinosaurus doesn't really have any good model representations yet. It being a biped and not a quadruped or tripod definitely interests me.

Can't wait to see the colors this guy has planned.

An oversized house cat.

Bread

Good, Rebor is taking note of how the market is swaying to more accurate depictions rather than "awesome bros"

Really proving themselves their capabilities to create more scientific models.

But, I suggest everyone to hold their breath. Remember they have dropped projects before, although I hope this one won't be dropped as I've been looking for a bipedal Spinosaurus, especially by the looks of Mark Witton's artwork.

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on June 15, 2023, 01:59:10 PMI'll definitely be picking it up since it's already a Grab n Go, which tend to be far cheaper. And plus, Spinosaurus doesn't really have any good model representations yet. It being a biped and not a quadruped or tripod definitely interests me.
Rebor haven't stated that it is a Grab n Go unfortunately. So I am going to assume it is part of their mainline figures. Like the Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus coming up.

But, I doubt it would exceed in price past ~$60 based on their Kiss/Tusk Tyrannosaurus models.

Lynx

Quote from: Bread on June 15, 2023, 02:15:55 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 15, 2023, 01:59:10 PMI'll definitely be picking it up since it's already a Grab n Go, which tend to be far cheaper. And plus, Spinosaurus doesn't really have any good model representations yet. It being a biped and not a quadruped or tripod definitely interests me.
Rebor haven't stated that it is a Grab n Go unfortunately. So I am going to assume it is part of their mainline figures. Like the Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus coming up.

But, I doubt it would exceed in price past ~$60 based on their Kiss/Tusk Tyrannosaurus models.

Awh man, oh well, still a beautiful figure that I'll gladly pick up!
An oversized house cat.

Tracewyrm!

I've been waiting for a good while now to see a (presumably) large 1:35 Spino that is actually standing up on two feet. I haven't been following Rebor too closely but this hase definitely piqued my interest.

From what little I know, Rebor figures can take a while to go from their first peaks to actually releasing (if they even make it) so I'm not holding my breath quite yet. Though, to be fair, it's either this or PNSO remaking Essien out of nowhere.
* (It's locked.)

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on June 15, 2023, 02:22:26 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 15, 2023, 02:15:55 PM

Awh man, oh well, still a beautiful figure that I'll gladly pick up!
Same. I got tired of waiting for the Mesozoic Life version, so this is definitely a great alternative.

Carnoking

Makes sense to round out the "big 3" with this spino. Both the rex and Diplodocus took roughly a year from their initial tease to when orders started shipping so maybe we'll start seeing this figure (and the giga) by this time next year.

Flaffy

Where does it say it's a Grab and Go?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll wait and see how it turns out. Looks fairly accurate to me based on the most current thinking? But that can change in a month..I'm also a bit burned out on Spinosaurus.

Faelrin

I commented this on the Rebor instagram post, but I think this might be the most accurate option right now (based on the fragmentary and partial material we have). As long as they can get the feet right anyways (first digit weight bearing, claw tips blunted, webbed toes, such as on the 2019 Safari Ltd model, or the Mesozoic Life one). The rest looks pretty good so far. It has lips, a bipedal posture, the new tail reconstruction, and the sail shape even looks inspired by either Mark Witton's and/or the recent paper's take on it, so that's a big win there. Still don't even have the Mesozoic Life one in hand yet (from the Kickstarter I backed), and I'm already eyeballing theirs lol. Some pics of what I mean:

https://elifesciences.org/articles/80092

https://markwitton-com.blogspot.com/2020/05/spinosaurus-2020-thoughts-for-artists.html

The only thing I'm a little unsure about is the placement of the nostrils? I know in the case of Spinosaurus those nose holes are pretty far back on the skull, but I know in the recent Tyrannosaurus paper they have the nostrils closer to the snout because of the how the surrounding tissue, etc would have worked I guess (I don't remember the specifics). Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: