News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sauroid collection

Started by sauroid, February 19, 2015, 03:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

these are the figures i have and been seriously collecting for the past ten years although i started acquiring dinos/prehistoric toys since early childhood. i still havent taken pics of the whole collection on display/shelves because all of them are in storage  :'( (i will just post them a few at a time)
these are my very first prehistoric toys inherited from my dad. MPC/Marx
my dino expos
Sega Vignetteum
Takara TomyA.R.T.S. Triceratops horridus
Takara TOMY A.R.T.S. Tyrannosaurus rex
WS Coelacanth
Bullyland Procynosuchus
Safari Ltd Field Museum Torosaurus
WS Dunkleosteus
Bullyland Deinotherium
Safari Ltd Field Museum Anatotitan
Kabaya blue var. Triceratops
WS Apatosaurus
a group of Kaiyodosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Doug Watson

Nice mix, good to see those old MPCs of your Dad's in there. I think the Brontosaurus and the Trachodon are actually from the Timmee Toys set.

triceratops83

Great to see you've got that Safari Sue Set Anatotitan. That's gotta be a real collector's piece now.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

sauroid

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 19, 2015, 03:43:04 PM
Nice mix, good to see those old MPCs of your Dad's in there. I think the Brontosaurus and the Trachodon are actually from the Timmee Toys set.
thank you. no wonder they are so out of place among that group.

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 20, 2015, 03:38:42 AM
Great to see you've got that Safari Sue Set Anatotitan. That's gotta be a real collector's piece now.
yeah. i still need the two rexes to go with the Anatotitan and Torosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

sauroid

Quote from: Dinomike on February 20, 2015, 05:50:55 AM
Great collection!
thanks!

just adding a few more pics
Favorite Co.
K. Araki sculpted Ankylosaurus
Toyway NHM
WWD Postosuchus
WWD Utahraptor
Bullyland Velociraptor
WS Inostrancevia
Carnegie Carnotaurus

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Looking good! Wonderful variety of figures. :)

sauroid

thanks folks.
Re-saurus Deinonychus
CollectA deluxe Pteranodon
Schleich
PV Placodus, Mixosaurus, Elasmosaurus
Kabaya Triceratops green var.
Papo Carnotaurus, Triceratops, T. rexes
Colorata Allosaurus
Colorata Brachiosaurus
Carnegie Elasmosaurus

Arul

Wow nice, would you like to give me the information about kaiyodo ammonite and shark size in Cm ?  :)

sauroid

the "ammonite" (Pachydiscus) is about 3cm. and the shark (Cladoselache) is 5 cm. long. :)

Arul

Thank you  :) did they lived alongside liopleurodon ?

sauroid

Quote from: ARUL on February 24, 2015, 02:09:57 PM
Thank you  :) did they lived alongside liopleurodon ?
nope, Liopleurodon existed during the Jurassic, Pachydiscus during the Cretaceous, and Clado during the Devonian

sauroid

adding pics to my thread
PV prehistoric amphibians
WWD 3D minis
Invicta
Jasman Pteranodon
AAA Smilodon
Carnegie 10th Anniversay T. rex
WS Pterosaur
retro bottlecap figures
CollectA Neovenator V2
Carnegie Concavenator
Carnegie Dimetrodon
Papo Dimetrodon
old smaller Schleich Quetzalcoatlus and the elusive Waiphoon Liopleurodon
Papo brown baby rex
Safari Mammoth

triceratops83

Invictas always photograph well. And yours all look like they're in good condition - the ones you get on Ebay are usually scuffed, you'd think people would take more care of them. I love that retro bottlecap collection, there's not too many of them around - this is the first time I've seen the hypsilophodon and ?trachodon.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Arul

Nice collection  :D hope WWD make another movie (means another figure)

Shonisaurus

No, it's at all a humble collection, and many of us would like to have many of these figures.

I would say it is an excellent collection.

Northern Tyrannosaur

Quote from: sauroid on February 28, 2015, 10:09:52 AM

My good sauroid, how long would you say those mini Gorgosaurs are in cm? I would like to know how they scale up to my other figures.
"Instinct drove him forward, pride held his head up. The strength in his legs and the air in his lungs never wasted. All before him feared the flash of his jaws. There was only one King of the Great Plains."

sauroid

thanks for the comments. :)

the Gorgosaurus is about 10 cm. long.

Kabaya Seismosaurus
Kabaya T. rex
Colorata Coelacanth
Invicta

sauroid

updating this thread
Wild Safari and Carnegie

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: