You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Those white bases in the Cambrian inverts set weren't included with the figures, were they? Did you pick them up elsewhere?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 29, 2017, 04:21:46 PM
Those white bases in the Cambrian inverts set weren't included with the figures, were they? Did you pick them up elsewhere?
They came with the Invicta Liopleurodon and Elasmosaurus.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 29, 2017, 04:26:04 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on July 29, 2017, 04:21:46 PM
They came with the Invicta Liopleurodon and Elasmosaurus.

The original ones came with Invicta figures.
I bought mine on Shapeways:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/7G3X2ZAA3/base-medium?li=more-from-shop&optionId=15989416

:)

RobinGoodfellow

My FAVORITE resin collection

Oldies Models:

The "Museum/Expo exclusive" models:

Michael Trcic models:

The "1:1"  models:

The "Out-of-Stock" figures:

The DinostoreUs models:

The "In Production" or "Recently Discontinued" figures:

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663485444985/with/29988260345/

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Hello, in my Country it's time for holidays..  ^-^
Tomorrow I will be on a beautiful island, on the beach.   8)
So greetings to all my DTF friends; we will see again in September.
See you soon.  :D

::)

acro-man

Everything...
This thread contains everything I know and far beyond it.

And very very impressive diorama of "looking up the giant".

This is THE collection I must follow and I hope more people will discover the magnificence of it.

Nice trip!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

That is indeed a striking photo of looking up in surprise to the giant. Enjoy your holiday - I for one will miss your updates.

BrontoScorpio

Hi Robin.
As usual - your collection is to die for...
Enjoy your holliday.
Just thought to mention :
1. you may not know but Favorite soft-model series one has 2 colors for the T-rex and Velociraptor.
2. In your "FAVORITE resin collection", which is very impressive, you mentioned the Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor as "Out-of-Stock" -
but it isavailable at the new site for DINOSTOREUS

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 30, 2017, 07:33:05 PM
Just thought to mention :
1. you may not know but Favorite soft-model series one has 2 colors for the T-rex and Velociraptor.
2. In your "FAVORITE resin collection", which is very impressive, you mentioned the Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor as "Out-of-Stock" -
but it is available at the new site for DINOSTOREUS

2 - Yes, you're right: it's available at DinostoreUs. My fault.

1- Favorite Series 1 has 4 colors for the T Rex: Brown-Orange (mine), Green, Black (quite rare) and a "Special Edition"
    Black: http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/Bokichops/media/cGF0aDovRFNDTjg3ODkuanBn/?ref=
    Special Edition:

Favorite Series 2 has a complete new set of colors available for all the figures: the Special Color Edition (but I'm not so interested in color variations..)

BrontoScorpio

I think Favorite series 2 is so much inferior to series 1 - so I don't bother with collecting any paint variant for it.
Never seen those two other paint versions for the T-rex. They are quite remarkable -
But, Are you sure it's not just a custom paint ?
after all - series 1 had the "Paint the dinosaur" set available ...

RobinGoodfellow

Finally I can delete Play Vision large Uintatherium from my "most wanted list"...just 3 years of searching.. ^-^

postsaurischian

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 30, 2017, 08:49:45 PM
I think Favorite series 2 is so much inferior to series 1 - so I don't bother with collecting any paint variant for it.
Never seen those two other paint versions for the T-rex. They are quite remarkable -
But, Are you sure it's not just a custom paint ?
after all - series 1 had the "Paint the dinosaur" set available ...

RobinGoodfellow is right - 4 different paint versions for the series 1 Tyrannosaurus.
The one shown above was a special release that came in a display box.

RobinGoodfellow

--------------------------------------------

Hello friends, after a relaxing holiday season I'm back to the Forum.
Being on vacation doesn't mean that I didn't plan something new for my collection..  ;)

So here some previews about new models that will be part of my collection soon.

First of all some new figures from China thanks to the great DTF Member  AcroMan

Coelophysis by SenSen:

Diplocaulus by BingNi:

Then some figures finished by Mr. Martin Garratt:

Uintatherium by Sean Cooper

Monolophosaurus by Jorge Blanco

..and last the wonderful Postosuchus by Shane Foulkes

I'll do personal pictures when all these will be at my home.
So stay tuned.  ;)

See you soon.
^-^

ceratopsian

Congratulations on a bevy of beautiful pieces. I especially like BingNi's Diplocaulus. The ripple pattern of the base is the perfect finishing touch.

Patrx

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 31, 2017, 05:59:45 PM
I especially like BingNi's Diplocaulus. The ripple pattern of the base is the perfect finishing touch.

Thank you.
I ordered the resin kit only.
It will be painted by Martin Garratt when I'll receive it.
I'm thinking about this color scheme (for the Diplo):

..and a shiny mud for the base.

Roselaar

Oh my, those are some amazing models! That Coelophysis is one of the most splendid casts I've ever seen. Lucky you!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: