You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mironimus

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Mironimus on October 07, 2017, 11:39:07 PM
Very nice thread with alot of goooood pictures.
:)

Thanks Miron.
A lot of figures in my collection are from Urzeitshop...  8)

RobinGoodfellow

A lot of us started collecting with Papo figures.
I was one of them.
For a newbie Papo is an intriguing brand (detailed models, widely available, dynamic poses..).
After that maybe you could start thinking that Papo's figures are not so accurate, too "JurassicParkesque" and that there are better brands out there..  ;)
I am one of them too.

Here a little tribute to Papo line.

The "Rexes"

Theropods

Raptors

Others

Cenozoic

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157659261637412/with/26721591536/

Roselaar

Excellent Papo collection! Only seems to be missing that one particular T-Rex which is absent in most similar collections.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on October 08, 2017, 11:30:50 AM
Excellent Papo collection! Only seems to be missing that one particular T-Rex which is absent in most similar collections.

..eehehhe...  ;D
Are you talking about the Brown Running Rex, right?

This one:

..to be totally honest, I won't ever spend such amount of money for a simple repaint.. (I like Papo but I'm not such a fan)..  ;D

^-^

tyrantqueen

Shonisaurus

And will there be no other way to get that figure at a more affordable price? Must be a very limited edition anyway as Robin says the   tyrannosaurus brown running is just a repainting.

On the other hand I seem exaggerated the prices of dinosaurs of Battat (considered the best ones of the history of the toy of the dinosaur according to some opinions).

In eBay many times inflate with exaggeration the prices of the articles, even of the figures of collection non-discontinued. Anyway 624 euros for a repainted figure is a way to waste money.

Lanthanotus

If I am not mistaken it is techincally not a repaint, but both models are made from different colored plastics aswell as being painted differently. So while probably any experienced/talented artist could convert the cheap green one to the famed brown one, the change could still be revealed easily.

However, collector's items can't really be judged by their "value" because the value is just the price that one collector will pay for it - and I guess there's always someone out there with just too much money to care about....

RobinGoodfellow

..a first preview about BingNi Diplocaulus painted by Martin Garratt..
(more pictures when it will be in my hands  ;) )

ceratopsian

The Diplocaulus has come out beautifully. Excellent as always from Martin and the sculptor is one to look out for in the future.

acro-man

Ahhhh.....

I forgot to tell you that the eyes were meant to be closed.
So it should be painted as eyelids instead of eyeballs....

Nevertheless, the job is well done either way!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: acro-man on October 10, 2017, 02:42:53 PM
Ahhhh.....

I forgot to tell you that the eyes were meant to be closed.
So it should be painted as eyelids instead of eyeballs....

Nevertheless, the job is well done either way!

I didn't know about that but, when I received the pictures from Mr. Garratt shop, I remembered your pictures:

Eyes are clearly closed.
Mr. Garratt did a different interpretation with a swimming Diplocaulus instead of the original static one.
As you can see, my Diplo is underwater and it's starting to swim to the surface.
It wasn't a request from me but an idea from Mr. Garratt.

So he painted the model with open eyes, looking up.
Something like that:

I really like the interpretation from Mr. Garratt so I decided not to change the eyes.
What do you think?

Lanthanotus

While I find the green and black patterned one more "friendly" for the eye, the Martin Garrett "version" looks more natural for my taste. And the open eyes facing upwards are more realistic than closed eyes. If you think of Dipolocaulus as an amphibian and observe modern amphibains for comparison, you'll find that water dwelling salamanders only close their eyes during feeding, particularly as they use their eyeballs to push prey items down the throat (the eye sockets are only parted from the inner mouth with a flexible tissue) and also to protect their eyes when goin' for bigger prey. So, having it shown with closed eyes would mean for me, the animal is shown in a very specific and short moment of its life - and for this the scene lacks the according prey :)

ceratopsian

Personally I love the push-off movement of Martin's build.  It's dramatic and lively, and emphasised by the branch at the front. The footprints on the substrate are very visible but I am content to believe they were made by another Diplocaulus a little earlier.

acro-man

I agree Mr. Garratt has done a great job and has shown us the infinite possibility of creativity.

Bingni told me his original idea was to make this creature sleep quietly on the riverbed with its eyes closed.

Mr. Garratt just changed everything it was supposed to be and still made it look so real.

Huge success and congrats!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

RobinGoodfellow

Sideshow Styracosaurus Maquette  (2009 Edition) sculpted by David Krentz.

the big box with illustrations

..mine is nr. 195/250..

The statue in all its glory

(HDR picture)

(HDR picture)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others Styracosaurus in my collection:

Full Res Pictures & Info here :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157653828871662

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157665829799854/with/21634824056/

RobinGoodfellow

..a surprisingly nice figure: Dinostar Psittacosaurus ...

Others Psittacosaurus in my collection:

Full Res Pictures here :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157659108329614/with/37639848131/

RobinGoodfellow

Another gem from Urzeitshop: Dunkleosteus by Alexander Belov / Painted by Martin Garratt.
(photos by Urzeitshop / in my collection soon )

More pictures when I'll receive the model.

Archinto

I really love the color choices done for this dunkleostus! I remember seeing this artist post this model up when he finished it. Its a really beautiful piece. What material is it cast out of? Is it resin or something more durable? Id love to have one of these in solid bronze.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: