You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PlesiosaurusNessy on January 27, 2018, 12:47:20 PM
That´s really a wonderful Bullyland Collection and fantastic photos,too! I like the Bullyland figurines and admire most your collection
of the prehistoric mammals, Anchiterium for example and a lot more.
From the dinosaurs my favorite is Pteranodon sternbergii, Liliensternus, Elasmosaurus...Your collection is very great,but,there are a
lot more Bullyland dinosaurs existing in different other sizes, I own Bullyland dinosaurs in 1/6 scale or in little sizes from 2 cm - 7 cm!
In your collection are missing for example two further variants of the Dimetrodon from photo nr. 2, second row right,this Dimetrodon
comes in solid green and brown,too. Or, for example, I miss the very old Brachiosaurus in different colour variations and the medium
and little size dinosaurs and the 1/6 scale dinosaurs in your collection.
I think, in other countries, Bullyland is difficult to get,because its a german company and I am from Germany and you in Italy has it
very difficult,to find the very old Bullyland dinosaurs!
But,we have this wonderful forum with a lot of help from other dinosaur fans and I could you help, too, with a few old Bullyland dino-
saurs, if you would like, no problem, to send them to Italy, feel free to PM me, happy further collecting!

Hello,
Thanks for your help.
Yes, you are totally right, I should have written "My Bullyland Museum Line collection"..
I know very well about others prehistoric Bullyland figures (the big soft play Mammoth and feathered Velociraptor for example), the mini figures and the color variations (Ichtyosaurus, Elasmosaurus, Dimetrodon, Brachiosaurus, Iguanodon v1, Parasaurolophus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops etc etc..).
But I have more than 1400 figures in my collection and space for them is becoming a serious problem.
So I have to skip over color variations (from Bullyland, from Carnegie, from Invicta ..) and a collection is complete (for me) when I have all the main sculpts for a line.
But thanks again for your kind offer: I'll keep it in mind.
Regards
:)

Shonisaurus

PlesiosaurusNessy, I understand what you are saying. A complete collection is if you have all the dinosaurs even with their color variants. In some cases I have bought dinosaurs with other variants such as the Schizophrenic therizinosaurus, tyrannosaurus rex running Papo three versions, green, rainbow and brown to give two examples, but honestly this collecting practice I do not recommend except isolated cases such as the Battat dinosaurs.

As Robin says, if you have the figure that represents the collection, it's enough. Although it is also true that many people collect stamps that represent the same image with different colors. This falls within the philosophy of every collector and although it is not recommended above all for the financial expenses (even if you have good shelves to display this figure), I deserve all the respect and understanding of this world.

I understand that many repainted figures are revalued over time. For example, I am going to buy the Acrocanthosaurus Papo again with the new paint scheme and I am convinced that it is an investment to buy the acrocanthosaurus arcoiris and keep it for the simple reason that perhaps within a short space of time, at most ten years that figure It will be worth a lot in the market of both eBay or Amazon (if they have not been replaced by other buying and selling companies).

I recognize that we who are collectors each have our philosophy of collecting.  ;)

PlesiosaurusNessy

@ RobinGoodfellow: From that point of view, that you mean only your Bullyland Museum Line Collection, then that´s absolutely right,
that you only miss a few figurines to complete this special line! This collection is very wonderful. And ,when you know all the other
old Bullylands,that´s great,too.
You are right,when you say, you can´t collect all Bullylands or colour variations, because you haven´t enough space and one piece
of every figurine is then enough,that´s total okay, over 1400 dinosaurs,that is a super great collection,which I admire very often,
when I surf through your collection pics again and again,your collection is really fantastic and outstanding,so much dioramas and a
lot of dinosaurs on bases,absolutely super! And the diversity of your dinosaurs is so fantastic,the photos,too!

@Shonisaurus: You are absolutely right,too, every collector has its own philosophy, I for example collect,what I like, but til today, I have no complete collection from a company,but I try to complete Invicta for example,but every nice dinosaur is welcome here,too. ...Okay, there are a lot of chinasaurs existing here,then when you buy a convolut, sometimes there are chinasaurs in it, but all
dinosaurs of other companies as Schleich, Bully, CollectA, Papo are here,too and many more...in all sizes and scales!
And, you are very lucky,to own a lot of Battat Dinosaurs,unfortunately I have none of them, the Papo Acrocanthosaurus is super,
but actually sadly I don´t have him til now, time to buy one asap...
And, a mega great YES, S P A C E  is mostly the greatest problem of every collector!
Yeah, you don´t need more dinosaurs, you need more space, always the same...I know this problem absolutely,too......
A great special thanks to you, Shonisaurus, once more,because of your recommendation I found this forum!
Shonisaurus, do you have a thread here,too?
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

For now PlesiosaurusNessy I do not have a thread with photos from my collection. I just comment on the threads of the forum. Anyway, I'm glad that my recommendation has served you.  :)

RobinGoodfellow

..so let's talk about rare/ hard-to-find figures in my collection and where I found them (hoping it could be interesting  ;) )..

Battat

Boston Rex V2 & V3: I was extremely lucky with them; I found both on Ebay USA from "buy now" advertisements (no auctions) / 38USD for V2 and 30USD for V3.
V3 has a little faded coloration (probably due to long-time direct-sun exposition..).

X-Plus Albertosaurus (1:17)

I found it in 2015 at a regular shop by Amazon USA. 25USD or so...

Play Vision Uintatherium (Large)

In 2017 at a regular Ebay auction; it wasn't cheap but..  8)

Invicta Plastics Lambeosaurus

A UK Ebayer sold this figure with a rare London Museum boxset (even a special edition):

Something around 140£ for the boxset.

Sideshow Original Release 2009 Styracosaurus & Deinosuchus

Every Sideshow Dinosauria figure is a limited edition.

I bought both in 2017 from a comic shop (and figure shop) here in Italy.
I paid almost the original price for the statues (not inflated actual Ebay prices ...).
So not cheap but also not too expensive (for retired Sideshow figures).

Dino Kingdom 2012 Favorite Tyrannosaurus (1:40)

It's a limited edition (500 models worldwide).
I had it from a DTF Member (thank you so much  ^-^ ).
He also sent the original poster from Japan Expo:

Favorite Tarbosaurus Museum Exclusive by Kazunari Araki

Prehistoric Times magazine sold it for a cheap price ("an help for our friend" the PTM advertisement said..).
Probably they didn't know how rare this figure is...  >:D

Favorite Gallimimus Desktop Model (aka Mongolian Dash)

In 2016 a UK Favorite reseller had 3 of them.
Immediately I bought one..  ;)

Bullyland Batrachotomus

I bought the reddish one in 2015 from Ebay Germany in mint condition (I don't remember the price exactly but it wasn't too much).
The blu one is from a UK  ;) DTF Member.

..more about hard-to-find figures soon...

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157689831737022/with/38863675922/

Shonisaurus

The uintatherium of Play Visions is very difficult to find as well as the three versions of discontinued tyrannosaurus rex Battat (in fact the third version of Battat I bought it by chance).

As for the batrachonomus I bought it in its day in the store of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid. I did not know that the batrachonomus is a difficult figure to find.

I'm glad Robin that you have the uintatherium and the second version of Battan's tyrannosaurus rex (they are worth their weight in gold).  :D

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 28, 2018, 11:11:49 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 28, 2018, 10:59:18 AM
I did not know that the batrachonomus is a difficult figure to find.

Outside Germany:

I honestly did not know the value of this figure that I have as a preferred figure next to the WWD postosuchus on one of my shelves in my bookstore. The truth is that I bought it in its day just when it began to market. However, I think that these prices are excessive on the part of the sellers, although as the saying goes "where there is a boss does not send a sailor" or another saying "lentils or you take them or leave them".

Anyway seeing the price Robin you are a very lucky person to find such a figure. My congratulations!  ^-^

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 27, 2018, 02:07:17 PM
Hello,
... But I have more than 1400 figures in my collection and space for them is becoming a serious problem
Regards
Hi ,Robin.
Come to think of it - I have never seen your collection yet.
All I can see are individual portraits of individual figures on a photoshop background.
why won't you show us your collection the way it is displayed in your home ? :
There is a great aesthetic value for figures organized and diplayed together -
A good old shelves display  - like everyone else here.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 28, 2018, 02:49:07 PM
Hello,
... But I have more than 1400 figures in my collection and space for them is becoming a serious problem
Regards
Hi ,Robin.
All I can see are individual portraits of individual figures on a photoshop background.

...just because it's one of the first thing I did on my thread on 2015.. it's on page 3 ... ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.40 )..
Now I'm re-organizing my shelves and most of my collection it's inside a lot of boxes until I'll buy new cabinets (probably next month).

As I often say, my real complete collection thread is on Flickr (and there is an album called "My Collection on Display"): https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums

Some time ago I thought about making a Youtube video but, to be honest, I really don't like the idea of other people seeing what's inside my home..   ??? C:-)

Last but not least: I really don't like pictures with lots of figures over poor shelves with a bad ambient light and a messy point of view. 
That's my personal idea about collection thread.

Best Regards

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 28, 2018, 03:33:12 PM
Last but not least: I really don't like pictures with lots of figures over poor shelves with a bad ambient light and a messy point of view. 
Well, my phylosophie, if you can call it like that, is : "If you can't display it - don't buy it !".

and, you are right - display should be tasteful and not overcrowded, messy or 'strenueous' on the eye ...
Other ways, you just left with full cardboard boxes crowding in some corner, blocking your way and getting crumbled.

As for me - Before I buy a figure, I always ( well, not always .. :) - but I try to ... ) ask myself :
- Do I have where to put it.
- Does it stand nicely next to other figures I have.
- Is it aesthetic enough for display at my home, keeping in mind I'm not 12 y/o anymore ...

UK

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 28, 2018, 03:33:12 PM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 28, 2018, 02:49:07 PM
Hello,
Regards
Hi ,Robin.

...just because it's one of the first thing I did on my thread on 2015.. it's on page 3 ... ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.40 )..
Now I'm re-organizing my shelves and most of my collection it's inside a lot of boxes until I'll buy new cabinets (probably next month).

As I often say, my real complete collection thread is on Flickr (and there is an album called "My Collection on Display"): https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums

Some time ago I thought about making a Youtube video but, to be honest, I really don't like the idea of other people seeing what's inside my home..   ??? C:-)

Best Regards

Your Flickr albums are incredibly done. Thank you for sharing.

RobinGoodfellow

Roselaar

Lovely dioramas. But the poor Collecta Ornithocheirus still doesn't get any better. :-/

Love the fish though!

Shonisaurus

For a moment I thought that the Collecta ornothicheirus was actually the Toyway ornithocheirus.

I congratulate you Robin for your artistic photos are wonderful.  8)

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

My Kanna Dinosaur Center collection :

Saurolophus

Tsintaosaurus

Saurolophus

Spinosaurus

Protoceratops

Tarbosaurus (Feathered)

Tarbosaurus

Deinocheirus

Saichania

Citipati

"Sanchuryu"

Full Res Pictures here :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658364013698/with/32962480511/

Beegfood

Love that Protoceratops, I think its my famous from Kanna Dinosaur Center.

I meant favourite.

BrontoScorpio

I have a mixed feeling regarding this line :
I find some of them really appealing, unique and quite worthy, and some are not  ( sort of speak ... :)

Robin, Have you noticed you are still missing the two rexes ( big, and special eddition ) on top of some of their minis ?
The special eddition Rex should be displayed next to the Spinosaurus - their Dioramas are connected

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 30, 2018, 02:43:23 PM
Robin, Have you noticed you are still missing the two rexes ( big, and special eddition ) on top of some of their minis ?
The special eddition Rex should be displayed next to the Spinosaurus - their Dioramas are connected
..yes, I know..
About minis, I really don't like them.
About the two Rex, maybe in the next future (too many T Rex in my collection by now).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(..the Missing Ones..)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: