You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

:o Gulp! Stunning!   You don't have to buy any other big Allosaurus model after this.

ZoPteryx

:o Now THAT is an Allosaurus!!!  :o  Congrats on this awesome model!

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 09, 2018, 07:40:58 PM

..just a preview about my new Shane Foulkes Allosaurus (1:15) ^-^
It's an awsome work Robin. Congrats !
If it was headed to me ( I wish ... :) ) - I would have asked to alter those 'war paints' arround the eyes :
- I think the RED type is too strong shade that appears abrupty.
- But, most of all, the white 'tear drop' along the eyes with the dark line Roughly smeared arround it - like it was drawn by a child.
I think it damages the beauty of the item and make it looks less natural.
It also breaks up the shape of the allosaurus' skull and do not let the viewer enjoy the full extent of the foulks statue.
Just my opinion....

PhilSauria

Agreed. IMO the 'war paint' around the eyes does not do the figure any favours. This animal has such an iconic head shape that is distracted from by the busy patterning around the eyes. Just sayin'.

RobinGoodfellow

...well, I didn't choose the color scheme: the artist created the final painted model directly for the shop and when Urzeitshop has a new custom-made figure available, you have to be fast because of other collectors worldwide that could be faster than you.  ;)
I appreciate different points of view but the color pattern on a figure is such a personal thing.. ::)
First I need to see the figure in person to judge because it's really big (1:15 - 63 cm/ 25 inches ).
My skills about painting a figure are none and it's quite expensive to re-send such a big (and fragile  ??? ) model for a re-painting process.
Cheers.

sauroid

your new figures/photos are stunning as usual.

*i wish i had the patience and equipments to take the same quality pics*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

I actually like the head coloration, yes the red is a bit strong and could have been more faded at the edges maybe, but since it's not that much extended doesn't look to distractive. This is like a much better executed version of the upcoming CollectA Ceratosaurus face paint. The whole piece is wonderful.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on January 10, 2018, 06:09:15 AM
*i wish i had the patience and equipments to take the same quality pics*

About my pictures, the bigger part of the job is done inside Photoshop.
Usually I take pictures with a very flat setup (with post-production in mind).
So they requires more patience than equipment..
:)

Patrx

Robin, your photographs continue to astound and inspire. I think, in addition to patience, there is an undeniable element of talent.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Patrx on January 10, 2018, 05:19:31 PM
Robin, your photographs continue to astound and inspire. I think, in addition to patience, there is an undeniable element of talent.

Really thank you for your kind words  :-[   (taking pictures is what I do for a living  :) ).

postsaurischian

The second pic in this post is the best picture of the Vitae Giganotosaurus in the worldwide web :).

RobinGoodfellow

..well, I've never been a JP collector but...

*********  Nostalgia's Corner **************

One of my first figures: The Kenner Thrasher T Rex

( https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658394821859 )
:)

ITdactyl

Thrasher Rex will always be "the one that got away" for me...

Beegfood

Hi RobinGoodfellows I am new to this forum and i wanted to say that your collection is the best on this forum (in my opinion and yes i read your thread and no i do NOT think that postsaurischian has got a better collection.

And a funny thing, I live in Germany and I buy from urzeitshop.de too, so I often look if they got something new. Then I saw that there was a new beautiful Allosaurus for I think over 400€  :o
The next day I look again and see that it is already sold out.
And here is what i thought:
It would be really funny if it would be RobinGoodfellow who bought this.
A few days later i look into your post an what do I see?!
You bought it xD

Beegfood

tyrantqueen

QuoteHi RobinGoodfellows I am new to this forum and i wanted to say that your collection is the best on this forum (in my opinion and yes i read your thread and no i do NOT think that postsaurischian has got a better collection.

It's not a competition...

Libraraptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 18, 2018, 06:41:43 PM
QuoteHi RobinGoodfellows I am new to this forum and i wanted to say that your collection is the best on this forum (in my opinion and yes i read your thread and no i do NOT think that postsaurischian has got a better collection.

It's not a competition...
I already wrote him in his collection thread and he said it was not intended to be offensive ;)

Shonisaurus

I am ecstatic to see the collections of both Robin and other forum members. They have a richness in variety of species and companies comparable to the great art galleries of the world to the National Archaeological Museums.  :o

I feel admiration to see the quality, quantity, care, space and conservation with which many of the members of the forum have their respective collections.  8)

I feel admiration for the quality of the collections and first of all thank you for wanting to share your collections with the rest of the forum.   :)  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: