You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

Colorata Boxes

Dino Cretaceous Vol.1

Dino Cretaceous Vol.2

(p.s Two years ago Colorata discontinued the bipedal Spinosaurus vs a swimming Spinosaurus: I still have the bipedal version ..)

Dino Jurassic Vol.3

Feathered Dinosaurs Premium

Deep Sea Creatures Premium

Paleozoic Creatures

..in my collection thread SOON..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
All Colorata BoxSet were bought directly from Colorata Japan with the help of JPSelection  http://www.jpselection.com (thank you so much Yoshi  ^-^ )
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656478051694/with/39998390654/

:)

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 11, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 11, 2018, 03:40:18 PM
The Colorata Expo Quetzalcoatlus is an awesome figure..  8)
... 8) In fact I have already bought my first figure Colorata which is the quetzalcoatlus in scale 1:40 limited version.

Although it is second-hand and without support I do not regret having bought it at least it is much cheaper than the new version that other members of the forum have bought.
... I was encouraged yesterday to buy it from a Canadian eBay seller, although it is second hand and with scratches and without the base, I do not regret having bought it,
it saved me a lot of money in a very expensive figure and most importantly, I have the figure that is part of the set of interesting Colorata.
Summing up the quetzalcoatlus of Colorata is a great figure as you say awesome.  8)
Hi, Shonisaurus.
Your enthusiasm from the quetzalcoatlus of Colorata is well justify.
and if you just want to own this figure - then go ahead - I totally understand.
but, if you raised the price issue - on this I don't agree with you :
I know this seller.
he used to be a Japanese seller.
I never buy from him - his prices are just way too high ...
I paid much less  for my quetzalcoatlus WITH stand.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 13, 2018, 01:12:27 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 11, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 11, 2018, 03:40:18 PM
The Colorata Expo Quetzalcoatlus is an awesome figure..  8)
... 8) In fact I have already bought my first figure Colorata which is the quetzalcoatlus in scale 1:40 limited version.

Although it is second-hand and without support I do not regret having bought it at least it is much cheaper than the new version that other members of the forum have bought.
... I was encouraged yesterday to buy it from a Canadian eBay seller, although it is second hand and with scratches and without the base, I do not regret having bought it,
it saved me a lot of money in a very expensive figure and most importantly, I have the figure that is part of the set of interesting Colorata.
Summing up the quetzalcoatlus of Colorata is a great figure as you say awesome.  8)
Hi, Shonisaurus.
Your enthusiasm from the quetzalcoatlus of Colorata is well justify.
and if you just want to own this figure - then go ahead - I totally understand.
but, if you raised the price issue - on this I don't agree with you :
I know this seller.
he used to be a Japanese seller.
I never buy from him - his prices are just way too high ...
I paid much less  for my quetzalcoatlus WITH stand.

Thank you for the BrontoScorpio notice, then unfortunately it is not a bargain. But in the end the fact, fact is in any case you can claim eBay I paid for the PayPal card method after the scam of the Play Visions palorchestes at the hands of a pirate company I no longer bought with a card (in fact I changed it) .

On the other hand I congratulate Robin for his collection of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Colorata are adorable miniatures.  :)

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Bokisaurus

I love Colorata sets, I wish they were more easily obtained and affordable. Nice collection, love the sea creature sets.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 13, 2018, 03:24:58 PM
Thank you for the BrontoScorpio notice, then unfortunately it is not a bargain. But in the end the fact, fact is in any case you can claim eBay I paid for the PayPal ....
well, I wouldn't say you paid too much -
since this item is particularly hard to get on ebay.
This seller is the only source I have seen in the last two years for the Colorata  quetzalcoatlus
( except in one ocassion, and not including the one MHNK has just raised - and of course don't buy from him ).
so, if you really wanted it, and didn't want to wait another 2 years - I guess you had no choice.
and I also think ebay claims are for completely different cases.
I got mine on some excentric 2nd hand store in Japan -
so, maybe it is not the right thing to do to compare prices -
and also I've looked for it for many months.

Faelrin

I really like that Deep Sea creatures set, aside from the Paleozoic one. Am I correct in thinking there's a Vampire Squid represented in the Deep Sea set? I also see that there's a Nautilus, and I honestly wish more companies made figures of those critters. Come to think of it, it would have been cool to see Giant Tube Worms featured as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Faelrin on March 13, 2018, 11:39:45 PM
Am I correct in thinking there's a Vampire Squid represented in the Deep Sea set?

..yes,  a  Vampyroteuthis ..

BrontoScorpio

Hi Robin,
You forgot to show the Colorata discontinued dinosaurs set.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 14, 2018, 06:52:16 AM
Hi Robin,
You forgot to show the Colorata discontinued dinosaurs set.

Hi BrontoScorpio,
I'm sorry but I don't understand.
I showed all the Colorata I have in my collection.
This is a collection thread, not a "compendium" thread..
Months ago I created 2 "compendium" threads in the DINOSAUR TOY LINES section: one about Carnegie ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6296.0 ) and one about Favorite resins ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6300.0 ).
In those threads I show ALL figures from every line (even if I don't have them in my collection).
Are you talking about that?

Or are you talking about the discontinued walking Spinosaurus ?
Under the Dino Cretaceous Vol.2 poster, I wrote about that.
I have the discontinued Dino Cretaceous Vol.2 boxset with the "walking" Spinosaurus.
The pictures are about that boxset (now discontinued).
The new Vol.2 boxset (I don't have the box but the poster I used is about it) has a "swimming" Spinosaurus instead of the outdated "walking" one.
I didn't buy the new boxset because "swimming" Spino is the only difference inside the box....  (and frankly it's not a great new figure ::) )

Regards

BrontoScorpio

You were going through all colorata dinos -
so I just mention it worth mentioning the discontinued set :

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 14, 2018, 08:35:27 AM
You were going through all colorata dinos -
so I just mention it worth mentioning the discontinued set :

..aahh.. ok, now I get it... thanks..

Well, you really should create a "compendium" thread about Colorata.
It could be very useful and interesting for all of us.
^-^

BrontoScorpio

I posted this picture from my collection -
That's about as far as I would go ...  ^-^ :

Roselaar

Excellent Colorata collection! I really need to get myself that new feathered dinosaurs set some day. Not to mention that stunning Quetz!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 13, 2018, 08:55:36 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 13, 2018, 03:24:58 PM
Thank you for the BrontoScorpio notice, then unfortunately it is not a bargain. But in the end the fact, fact is in any case you can claim eBay I paid for the PayPal ....
well, I wouldn't say you paid too much -
since this item is particularly hard to get on ebay.
This seller is the only source I have seen in the last two years for the Colorata  quetzalcoatlus
( except in one ocassion, and not including the one MHNK has just raised - and of course don't buy from him ).
so, if you really wanted it, and didn't want to wait another 2 years - I guess you had no choice.
and I also think ebay claims are for completely different cases.
I got mine on some excentric 2nd hand store in Japan -
so, maybe it is not the right thing to do to compare prices -
and also I've looked for it for many months.

Thanks for the clarification BrotoScorpio honestly I see that it is a pretty greedy figure to refuse from an eBay seller.

Your words are reassuring, seeing how difficult it is to find such a figure I do not regret having bought it.  :)

On the other hand I congratulate you BrontoScorpio for that beautiful collection of Colorata that you have shown us is very beautiful.  :D

RobinGoodfellow

Daily Pics on DTF

some Carcharodontosauridae in my collection..

Carcharodontosaurus

Acrocanthosaurus

Neovenator

Concavenator

Mapusaurus

Giganotosaurus

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/sets/72157692716326461/with/19115450589/

Shonisaurus

Gorgeous collection of Giganotosaurus Robin! I guess you'll be waiting for Mojo's giganotosaurus to be commercialized to buy it. I have it planned to buy.  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 15, 2018, 08:02:03 PM
I guess you'll be waiting for Mojo's giganotosaurus to be commercialized to buy it. I have it planned to buy.  :)

..of course, I'll do..  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

Favorite "Michael Trcic Collection" Tyrannosaurus (1:24)

..well.. it's huge..

..with the HDR exposure..

..and a close-up..

it will go in the cabinet next to Trcic Triceratops (1:24 too  ;) )

Thanks to JPSelection/Yoshiki  for helping to buy directly from Favorite Japan.
I can strongly suggest buying from him to everyone interested in japanese figures.

Dyscrasia

Congrats on acquiring such a beautiful and dynamic piece!

Before the Sideshow Dinosauria statues came along,

that Michael Trcic's T. rex statue was one of the favorite depiction of the tyrant lizard king in my collection  ;D.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: