You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 16, 2019, 06:32:11 PM
Lovely new additions ^-^ Those sculptures by Jesus are so cool.

..yes, Jesus is a talented guy..  ^-^ .. thanks  :)

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisitions

From Schleich:

Dracorex

Diabloceratops

From Mojo Fun:

Triceratops

Dunkleosteus

Full Res Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157709594967836/with/48315954612/

:)

suspsy

I like that the Dracorex has purple in its colour scheme. There aren't anywhere near enough dinosaur toys that employ purple.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

..and one of the best figure in 2019: CollectA Elasmotherium

Here the Sean Cooper' one:

..and the Coelodonta from Jose Miguel Aparicio Santos :

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660163862768/page2

ceratopsian

Shonisaurus

What I like about the elasmotherium is its scientific precision. The horn on the snout is as big as the one represented by the various paleoartists. Magnificent figure

The diabloceratops, dracorex and puppy of giganotosaurus I will have next Saturday morning sincerely Robin thanks for "open mouth" with the photographs of diabloceratops and dracorex Schleich.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 18, 2019, 09:16:01 PM
What I like about the elasmotherium is its scientific precision. The horn on the snout is as big as the one represented by the various paleoartists.

An artistic illustration is not science.
Elasmotherium is well-known for the massive horn.
But not a single fossil horn of Elasmotherium was never found by scientists..
So we're not totally sure about horn's lenght.

From wikipedia: "  The main evidence suggestive of a horn on Elasmotherium is a frontal protuberance, which struck the attention of the late 19th century palaeontologists and was immediately interpreted as the bony basis for a horn by most investigators from that time forward. A skull of E. sibiricum from the Volga region (cast shown in this article's lead picture) described by Alexander Brandt in the Russian journal, Niwa, and reported in Nature in 1878 offers the following description of the protuberance: hemispherical, 5 inches (13 cm) deep, furrowed surface, circumference of 3 feet (0.91 m). The furrows are interpreted as the seats of blood vessels for the tissues that generated the horn.  The whole analogy with the rhinoceros points with the greatest certainty to the previous existence of a horn, which, to judge from the size of the blood vessels once encircling the base, must have possessed enormous dimensions."

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elasmotherium

(p.s. the horn was made of keratin, not a bone..)

--

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisitions

Kaiyodo Diabloceratops

..and from Safari Ltd. : Do you believe in Bigfoot;)  ;)

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157709594967836/with/48322588292/

Shonisaurus

The baryonyx and the fukuiraptor of Collecta look more spectacular than in the promotional photos and videos. Both figures have been very favored in these photographs. Thanks for sharing Robin. In my case I hope to have those two beauties in September or October.

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

PNSO Giganotosaurus (1:35)

..others Giga..

Eofauna

Vitae

Safari Ltd.

Carnegie

Schleich "Replicasaurus"

Ravensburger "Tiptoi"

Bullyland

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157692716326461/with/17235649001/

Andanna

Great models and great photos.  Cannot stop looking through your I trust you do not have all your models on display?  You would need a museum to do that I would assume.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Andanna on July 20, 2019, 10:29:38 AM
Great models and great photos.  Cannot stop looking through your I trust you do not have all your models on display?  You would need a museum to do that I would assume.

On June I started to re-think about my old display rooms.
I hope that from September/October I will be able to display all my collection on new cabinets and shelves.
A lot of old display cabinets are already gone now.  ::)
For sure I will post pictures on thread when ready..  :P
I really don't like to hide beautiful models on storage boxes  :'(

^-^

ceratopsian

How exciting for you!  I very much look forward to seeing the results.

RobinGoodfellow

Shonisaurus

I am happy for your collection of esteemed giganotosaurus Robin you have all the marks and of all sizes and materials the various prehistoric animals (resin, vinyl and PVC). You are a man devoted to dinosaurs and your presentations are outstanding. My congratulations.

Shonisaurus

Without a doubt both the allosaurus and the Safari camarasaurus (both without lips) are the best of their kind in the toy market.

RobinGoodfellow

RobinGoodfellow

In the Mail Today

..it took just one month ( one ....  ::)   :-X  )  to arrive at my home, so...  O:-)

PNSO Dakosaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: