You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Catalog's pictures don't give justice to the 2017 Safari Parasaurolophus: it's way better on naked eyes.

..joining the herd..

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157677694628663

Stay tuned for new pictures soon  ;)

^-^

Reptilia

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 18, 2017, 08:47:35 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on March 18, 2017, 07:09:29 PM
Wow. I've followed the "Repaints by Copper" thread... Why would he do something like that?

She is a problematic person.

That sounds harsh, especially cause she's not that much present here to answer back. Better keep such kind of personal issues private, in my opinion.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Reptilia on March 24, 2017, 08:04:41 PM
Wow. I've followed the "Repaints by Copper" thread... Why would he do something like that?

That sounds harsh, especially cause she's not that much present here to answer back. Better keep such kind of personal issues private, in my opinion.

I didn't say anything about her private life.
I was talking about business and facts.
From a professional point of view, I won't do commission never again with this person.
I'm not so happy about more than 100 usd lost (from 2015).  >:(
Sorry if it sounds harsh..

Roselaar

Looks grand! I could have done without the tripod pose, but otherwise it's totally wonderful. The colours are really intense, I'm glad to see that wasn't lost in the final process.

Reptilia

Well, saying she's a problematic person it's not the kindest of things, and it sounds quite a specific judgement on her as a person. You would have probably better said that you had a problematic deal with her, professionally speaking. I understand that losing a considerable amount of money is upsetting, but still sounds a bit unfair to call someone a problematic person because of a deal gone wrong. That said I obviously don't know what actually happened between you two, so I won't comment any further. Sorry for the OT.

Patrx

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 22, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: Patrx on March 22, 2017, 07:24:00 PM
Do you use Photoshop's HDR tool for all of them?
No. I have a standard trip into Photoshop's functions for my collection's pictures.
1) LIGHTS/SHADOWS.
2) CURVES.
3) EXPOSITION.
4) TON/SAT
5) VIVID
6) SHARP MASK
I use HDR for pictures outside my light-box.
I see, thanks for the information and the example images! People seem to enjoy my photos, but really, I'm not yet on your level - always looking for ways to improve!  :)) I rely mostly on Levels, HSL, and Color Balance adjustments, along with the sharpening mask.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 22, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
p.s The light inside a light-box is very soft and smooth so HDR is useless.
Of course! That makes sense, I just never thought of it. Thanks again  :)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 24, 2017, 07:40:25 PM
[...]

An interesting comparison.
Not a good light for taking photographs but an interesting comparison.  ;)
[...]

I know, blame me :/... we got a light box here and the photos (well, those above at least, not all mine) are actually shot with a Nikon D750, so yeah, I should bother to prepare them better,... but we lack the space to have all that stuff (I mean , heck, that light box alone takes up the better part of a cubic meter, let alone lamps and tripod) ready to go all time and I most often can't be bothered to set it all up, though for sure, it often does not justice to those nice figures.

Thanks for the infos/tip about the Papo and other figure, Robin Goofellow and Shonisaurus. I never keep the formed plastic trays on my figures (besides the swimming spino from CollectA as I found it risky to have it standing on its tips of its claws all time), but all my figures stand separately. Where needed I stabilize them with a bit of modelling clay/play dough or a hidden piece of tape. CollectA's Rajasaurus for example counts to my most stable figures. It stood for month in the hottest place in my room (just beneath the ceiling next to a husbandry tank with frequent temperatures exceeding 32 °C) and I also took it with me unprotected in the pockets of my trousers to snapshot photos of it travelling through town for my young son. It never bent or toppled over.

BlueKrono

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 24, 2017, 08:30:29 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on March 24, 2017, 08:04:41 PM

I didn't say anything about her private life.
I was talking about business and facts.
From a professional point of view, I won't do commission never again with this person.
I'm not so happy about more than 100 usd lost (from 2015).  >:(
Sorry if it sounds harsh..

If that actually happened then it's perfectly fair to let other members know. Reputation is important, and that is a large amount of money. Thank you for sharing.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks guys for all the comments.

Last figure for today: new Safari Tylosaurus (and my 2017 Safari wave is complete... just waiting for new Collectas  ;)  )

My 2017 Safari Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157675789013333/with/33500306761/

See you soon
:)

Lanthanotus

RobinGoodfellow

Every collector loves all the figures in his/her collection.
It's always difficult to choose the very best from the collection.
The reasons behind the choice may be different: rarity, accuracy, artistic quality, paint job, good sculpt etc..
Honestly it doesn't matter.  ;)

Here several figures from my collection I love the most.
Do you agree with me ?

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

Full Res Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157672043244856/with/16193862623/

Lanthanotus

What is that thing in between the Ophiacodons, it has an awesome paint scheme,.. some sort of Caseidae? Sort of surprised to see the Bullyland Batrachotomus in the list :), it's a nice figure I also rate high despite (or because) its "typical", somewhat crude Bullyland style.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 25, 2017, 10:53:19 AM
What is that thing in between the Ophiacodons, it has an awesome paint scheme,.. some sort of Caseidae?

The figure between Sphenacodon and Ophiacodon is a poposauroid, a Lotosaurus:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/33086968335/in/album-72157661032161935/

Lanthanotus

Thanks, I guessed it's not two Ophiacodons but couldn't tell them apart for sure,.. Lotosaurus, never heard of that before, but indeed a nice figure.

Kessan

great figures and nice fotos
thanks)
I impressed)

RobinGoodfellow

I was searching for a predator figure for standing next to my 1:8 running Synthetoceras by Sean Cooper (and it isn't so simple..  :-\ )

Sean Cooper's Xenosmilus (1:10) it's out of stock and discontinued (even at Alchemy Works )

At Dan's Dinosaurs I found the Sean Cooper vinyl kit Smilodon (1:6) so I go for it:

Some more work for Mr. Martin Garratt....  ;)

I hope they'll stand well next to each other  ::)

In my collection soon.. stay tuned  ^-^

p.s  I'm returning to the Forum after a busy week of work discovering that I'm still alive from Ordovician ( Ordovician survivor ): Cool  8)

RobinGoodfellow

Rauisuchia Album on Flickr:

Full Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157679366796800/with/23380201454/

RobinGoodfellow

My small Kaiyodo collection.

Big Ones first:

Medium Ones:

Little Ones:

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658852137144/with/31996806754/

RobinGoodfellow

Armored Dinosaurs Parade (Updated).

Ankylosaurus:

Saichania:

Euoplocephalus:

Sauropelta:

Scelidosaurus:

Minmi:

Gastonia:

Hylaeosaurus:

Edmontonia:

Pinacosaurus:

Polacanthus:

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157659160274754

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: