News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Deinonychus model

Started by nwfonseca, March 22, 2015, 03:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwfonseca

Hi everyone,

My name is Nick Fonseca. I am a new member/long time reader of the dinotoyblog. I wanted to share with you my recent Kickstarter campaign launch for my model of Deinonychus antirrhopus. I have already enlisted a mold maker, and this project is nearly ready to go.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1501413356/dinosaur-model-deinonychus-wolf-of-the-early-creta

JoeCamaro

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hey Nick! I shared your project on my facebook page, I hope you get enough sales bud!

Patrx

Fantastic sculpture, Nick! I saw this magnificent critter on DeviantArt not long ago. Best of luck in getting the kit out there - it's the first one I've seen with primary feathers.

Shadowknight1

Were I a kit builder, I would love that sucker.  Good luck!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your kickstarted :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

There aren't enough feathered deinonychus in kit form. I would buy this if it were available; great work.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

nwfonseca

Thanks a lot Blade-Of-The_Moon I appreciate that. Thanks everyone for the kind words. Pachyrhinosaurus, the kit will be available if this Kickstarter gets fully funded. I should have initial batch of castings from mold maker by June if all goes according to plan. My dream is to begin offering this and future sculpts to fans of paleo-art.

Arul

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 22, 2015, 05:13:46 PM
Were I a kit builder, I would love that sucker.  Good luck!

If you support the highest tier of his kickstarter you can get it built and painted by the artist himself. :)

nwfonseca

nwfonseca

We are almost to 50% over at kickstarter. If anyone want's to come over and give their support, and receive some swag in the process come and have a look.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1501413356/dinosaur-model-deinonychus-wolf-of-the-early-creta

nwfonseca

We are now almost at 60% funding! We had an amazing day today; we raised our personal best for a single day! I just want to thank everyone involved so far. It is really wonderful to have people come out in support of this project.

Now is the time to really ramp up and get this thing funded. Please participate and share with your friends, and help me keep up the momentum!

And, a personal thank you to one of your members for sharing in my journey.

Thanks everybody!

Yutyrannus

This looks like an amazing model and one I would personally love to have in my collection, I would be happy to contribute to funding this project :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

nwfonseca

Yutyrannus, I would love to have you play a part in producing this model!

Patrx

Thanks to my tax return, you've got yourself another backer! The world needs more accurate dromaesaurs :D

nwfonseca

We hit 71% over the weekend on Kickstarter! Thank you everyone! Now to push this thing over the finish line. Head on over and check out my sculpt, pledge, get some swag, and feel good knowing you were part of bringing someone's dream project alive.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: