You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

---Tany's ULTIMATE Papo Collection [+REBOR]---

Started by tanystropheus, April 22, 2015, 11:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

It's been a few years since I've posted my collection. I have a non-Papo collection, as well...but that will have to wait until another day, and another thread  ;) .

I apologize in advance if my collection looks somewhat cluttered. I am kind of running out of shelf space.  Enjoy  :)

tanystropheus

C'mon, these guys would never get along in real life  :))

Overprotective mom and friendly neighborhood 'Carnosaurus'

...when dinosaurs walked the earth.

tanystropheus

tanystropheus

Mosasaur, a wonderful starter Sideshow piece (and, just in time for Jurassic World  >:D)

tanystropheus

Poor REBOR T-rex. He's shackled, just like his JP counterpart

tanystropheus

Custom diorama - Only one in circulation  :))

(btw, that's not a log, or an otter, or a Loch Ness Monster...It's Apatosaurus' whiplike tail)

tanystropheus

It's time for a few glamour shots/paleo portraits!!

"Nessie"

Euoplocephalus

Styracosaurus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Dimetrodon

Tupuxuara

tanystropheus

Dilophosaurus family j/k

a dwarf variation of Pachycephalosaurus

my Spinosaurus is actually quadrupedal - It leans on one arm for support

tanystropheus

Can you identify the book?  :) hint: cannibalistic Allosaurus are referenced. Pretty serious reading for kids  :o

Archaeopteryx and Philosoraptor

Arul

Very cool collection Tanystropheus  :D great diorama !

Roselaar

Excellent bunch of Paposaurs and assorted quality models. Good shots too!

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

joossa

Nice collection and humor. :)

What are the clear cube-like things around the legs of the Rebor TRex for?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: ARUL on April 22, 2015, 12:57:35 PM
Very cool collection Tanystropheus  :D great diorama !

Thank you so much :) That was my first attempt at making a diorama. I had a lot of help and supervision from a talented friend/artist.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 22, 2015, 03:27:37 PM

Thank you!! I'm glad that you liked the shots. I still need to learn the basics when it comes to photography, though  :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 22, 2015, 03:27:37 PM

Thank you!! Paposaurs are naturally photogenic  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: joossa on April 23, 2015, 06:04:56 AM

Haha, I'm glad that you liked the collection. Regarding the REBOR T-rex, it was standing on its own for some time, but lately the model started to topple over. I applied Quakehold museum wax but it stopped working when the temperature became warmer; the acrylic risers were a last attempt at stabilizing the T-rex. I hope REBOR updates the T-rex base...

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on April 23, 2015, 09:07:13 AM
very cool collection so far.

Thank you! :) I will continue to update the Papo thread with Papos and a few miscellaneous items. I'm only missing the v1 Velociraptor so far.

joossa

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 24, 2015, 02:28:08 AM
Quote from: joossa on April 23, 2015, 06:04:56 AM

Haha, I'm glad that you liked the collection. Regarding the REBOR T-rex, it was standing on its own for some time, but lately the model started to topple over. I applied Quakehold museum wax but it stopped working when the temperature became warmer; the acrylic risers were a last attempt at stabilizing the T-rex. I hope REBOR updates the T-rex base...
Ah, I see. Seems like a prime issue for Rebor, the base/figure compatibility and execution.

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 24, 2015, 02:30:50 AM
Quote from: sauroid on April 23, 2015, 09:07:13 AM
very cool collection so far.

Thank you! :) I will continue to update the Papo thread with Papos and a few miscellaneous items. I'm only missing the v1 Velociraptor so far.
Good luck finding version 1. I had some trouble finding mine and I know they can be expensive. Nevertheless, keep updating! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: