You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Concavenator in Cuenca

Started by RobinGoodfellow, April 28, 2015, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

I know that many members on this forum are from Spain.
Browsing internet I found this beautiful Concavenator statue called "Pepito" in Cuenca.
My spanish is not so good so I have some questions:
Is it still in Cuenca or  that statue was there for an old exposition?
In which museum is it?
Does someone have more informations about "Pepito"?

Thanks

Halichoeres

Would you be able to post the link where you found it for those who do speak Spanish? What I'm finding makes it sound like the original specimen of Concavenator was nicknamed Pepito. I assumed this would be at el Parque de las Ciencias in Cuenca, but I can't find anything to back that up.

This statue also bears a striking resemblance to the Concavenator figure by Favorite; I'd guess that the toy was based on the statue, right down to the color scheme.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Never mind, I used an image search and it looks like it's in front of the DiputaciĆ³n Provincial. If you look it up on Google Street View, you can see the building, although the Google photo appears to have been taken before the installation of the statue. But actual Spaniards should correct me if I'm wrong.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 28, 2015, 01:59:48 PM
Never mind, I used an image search and it looks like it's in front of the DiputaciĆ³n Provincial. If you look it up on Google Street View, you can see the building, although the Google photo appears to have been taken before the installation of the statue. But actual Spaniards should correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it is, this is as result of the new aperture of the Regional Paleontological Museum in Cuenca, and other centres of dinosaurs in Castilla- La Mancha.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RobinGoodfellow

Yes, the link was Diputacion Provincial that Halichoeres also found.
So the Concavenator statue is in the Regional Paleontological Museum in Cuenca.
Thanks guys for the info.
That Concavenator statue took my attention for the similarity with the Favorite model.

Probably I'll be in Spain next month and, if it'll be possible, I'll try to visit that new museum.
Have a nice day.   :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.