News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TasosaurusGR's other collections

Started by tasosaurusGR, May 04, 2015, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tasosaurusGR

This is the small fossil collection I own . I bought of from them from a local mineral store.The fishes are dostilbe,110 mil. years old,from Santana,Brazil.The tilobite is from morocco and the lemon shark tooth is from Venice Beach , Florida( late Miocene,about 6 million yers old/Peace River Formation, Hawthorn Group).

Dinomike

A very nice collection! I have some fossils similar to yours and I display them alongside with my dinos. I think it gives them credibility. :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

tasosaurusGR

QuoteA very nice collection! I have some fossils similar to yours and I display them alongside with my dinos. I think it gives them credibility. :)

Thanks , Dinomike.I display them next to other minerals and sea shells.That's a great idea though :)

Tyto_Theropod

Nice collection - and welcome to the forum! I especially like the fish, and I think you're lucky to have them as I believe South American fossils are getting harder to find.

I tend to keep my fossils in wooden collection boxes, one for dinosaurs, one for everything else. I also have some big blocks (mostly Carboniferous rock and ammonites) that I keep on the windowsill alongside some of my model dinosaurs, most of them Carnegies.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Everything_Dinosaur

Some lovely fossils there, welcome to the forum.

tasosaurusGR

QuoteNice collection - and welcome to the forum! I especially like the fish, and I think you're lucky to have them as I believe South American fossils are getting harder to find.

I tend to keep my fossils in wooden collection boxes, one for dinosaurs, one for everything else. I also have some big blocks (mostly Carboniferous rock and ammonites) that I keep on the windowsill alongside some of my model dinosaurs, most of them Carnegies.

Thank you.I didn't know it was kind of rare :o. I also saw the picts of your collection and they are very impressive.It is dificult to find fossils in my country and very expensive too. Especialy dinosaur teeth and bone material . I have never seen one of those in the mineral store :'(.Do you think that the black shark tooth is from a Megalodon ???? It's got serrations on both sides...Maybe it is from a great white relative.

QuoteSome lovely fossils there, welcome to the forum

Thanks.I'm happy to be here :)

Tyto_Theropod

I'm no expert on sharks or their fossils, but I'm afraid it doesn't look like a Megalodon tooth to me, Meg teeth tend to be much longer and chunkier, and VERY big. It could easily be from the Lamnidae (Great white and Megalodon) family though.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

tasosaurusGR

QuoteI'm no expert on sharks or their fossils, but I'm afraid it doesn't look like a Megalodon tooth to me, Meg teeth tend to be much longer and chunkier, and VERY big. It could easily be from the Lamnidae (Great white and Megalodon) family though.

Thanks for your reply :) . I was pretty sure it is not a megalodon tooth  too because it was kind of cheap.

Arul

tasosaurusGR

Thanks, ARUL.I own a few collections ( books, magazines, prehistoric figures, sea shells, fossils, lego, bug taxidermy, outdoor knives...)but none of them are extensive , except for the dino toy one which is kind of big.It is never big eneough though :'(.I allways wonder what I could have bought if I hadn't spent all those money over the years. Maybe a car or sommething...

tasosaurusGR

These are my new fossil acquisitions:

Horse tooth --Equus , pleistocene , Beaufort.S.California. Shark tooth --Otodus obliquus ( propably from morocco ) .Last but not least a trilobite. I reserched it a bit and it looks like the Calymenidae Calymene species.I am not sure though . If you want more detailed photos please ask :)

tasosaurusGR

Other Collectables:

minerals

This one is called achatees in greek but I don't know the engish translation.

sea shells

Is this a fish tooth or something simmilar ????

Sea shells that I found on the beach and while exploring the shallows of  the island Chios .

real bugs by national geographic

books

old deagostini magazines

lego.Those things are so expensive... :-\

dinosaur puzzle, 1000 pieces
Well, those are some of the reasons why my dinosaur toy collection is not very extensive ::).

Arul

Wow another great collection  :D if you collecting a knive, i suggest you collect "karimbit" its traditional weapon from indonesia. Its small but it work very deadly if used by the right person. btw that insect collection did you hunt and make it by yourself ? :D that is very interesting collectables

tasosaurusGR

QuoteWow another great collection  :D if you collecting a knive, i suggest you collect "karimbit" its traditional weapon from indonesia. Its small but it work very deadly if used by the right person. btw that insect collection did you hunt and make it by yourself ? :D that is very interesting collectables

Thank you ARUL :D.I don't yet have a karambit because most of the knives I have are used during outdoor activities and their bladeshape needs to be straight and robust.A fighting knife like the karambit is not ment to be used for chopping, batoning etc.I might buy one though just for the looks of it :).
I din't catch any of the bugs myself.I have found lots of sea shells though.The bugs are put into a clear resin and I used to buy one of them every week a couple of years ago.This collection is produced by national geographic so each bug was packed with a magazine .They claim that these insects are not cought in the wild.

stargatedalek

tasosaurusGR

QuoteLooks like coral to me.

Propably, but when I bought it they told me that it was a shark tooth ::).I doupt that though.Thanks for your answer :).

Arul

Quote from: tasosaurusGR on May 19, 2015, 09:33:25 AM
QuoteWow another great collection  :D if you collecting a knive, i suggest you collect "karimbit" its traditional weapon from indonesia. Its small but it work very deadly if used by the right person. btw that insect collection did you hunt and make it by yourself ? :D that is very interesting collectables

Thank you ARUL :D.I don't yet have a karambit because most of the knives I have are used during outdoor activities and their bladeshape needs to be straight and robust.A fighting knife like the karambit is not ment to be used for chopping, batoning etc.I might buy one though just for the looks of it :).
I din't catch any of the bugs myself.I have found lots of sea shells though.The bugs are put into a clear resin and I used to buy one of them every week a couple of years ago.This collection is produced by national geographic so each bug was packed with a magazine .They claim that these insects are not cought in the wild.

Ohh here in indonesia the most familiar brand for outdoor knive is from "Rambo" i think the brand is come from USA. Wow from nat geo that is great  :D

tasosaurusGR

QuoteOhh here in indonesia the most familiar brand for outdoor knive is from "Rambo" i think the brand is come from USA. Wow from nat geo that is great  :D

Thanks for your comment :).I mostly buy kabar, mora and cold steel.These brands have some excellent knives but the ones I have are on the cheap side :-\.Knives from movies like Rambo are used mostly for desplay and they will propably fail if you use them for outdoor activities.
The nat geo collection is almost complete except for two slots that I couldn't fill beacause they were released during vacation >:((in the midlle of the last box).

joossa

Wow, your arthropod collection is very nice. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tasosaurusGR

QuoteWow, your arthropod collection is very nice. :)

Thanks for your kind comment joossa :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: