News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

copper's paints

Started by copper, March 13, 2012, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really like the Giga and the Dracorex !

juju1305

The smilodon is stunning. I find it a poor figure compared to what CollectA produces nowadays. But your paint job just makes it look ten times better than the original figure. It's crisp and perfectly executed.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Wow! The Dracorex is from the italian exhibition "Dinosauri in carne ed ossa"!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on December 15, 2013, 04:39:25 PM
Wow! The Dracorex is from the italian exhibition "Dinosauri in carne ed ossa"!

I thought I recognized that coloration from a 3D piece somewhere. :)

copper

here's the long overdue step by step painting -file (i know i origianlly was going to do this with a different model but this way it was a lot quicker..):

painting tips

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

copper

repainted carnegie spinosaurus for a customer
-colors from this picture (requested): link

repainted bullyland megatherium for a customer

palaeocraft coelodonta for a customer

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: copper on February 15, 2014, 07:49:30 PM
repainted carnegie spinosaurus for a customer
-colors from this picture: link

I like the Spinosaurus's coloration..wish the actual figures received this much detail.  Wanna stop by my place and paint some 1:1 dinos ?  ;D

copper

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2014, 08:24:44 PM
I like the Spinosaurus's coloration..wish the actual figures received this much detail.  Wanna stop by my place and paint some 1:1 dinos ?  ;D

if i could i'd definitely do it : )

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: copper on February 15, 2014, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 15, 2014, 08:24:44 PM

if i could i'd definitely do it : )

If your even in the area feel free to drop by or if I ever get wealthy enough to get you here..it will be a lot of fun !

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

The new repaints are awesome :D.
It is really about time I'm choosing another model for your beautiful colours ;D!

Jetoar

Lovely Primal Carnage colors of Spinosaurus  ^-^.

copper

inostrancevia (shapeways, galileo hernandez)
personal piece.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

This one is one of my favorites when it comes to the paint scheme you chose...
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

:o :o ....... :'(  ...       [sigh] ...        ...  :) ....... beautiful.

Dinomike

The Papo T-Rex is absolutely awesome! I love it!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

copper

i forogt to take photos of these myself so i will quote postsaurischian's posts, his photos are always amazing!

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 17, 2014, 08:35:07 PM
   :) Shapeways 1:40 Yutyrannus by Aaron Doyle
                                                        >  painted by Noora Kivisilta

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 20, 2014, 03:20:20 PM

:D  Shapeways baby Parasaurolophus 'Joe' by Galileo Hernandez Nunez (GNmodels)
                                                          >  painted by Noora Kivisilta

....... joining its Kaiyodo mother .......

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: