News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hilarious Forum ads

Started by Tapejara1122, June 01, 2015, 07:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 24, 2017, 08:40:36 PM
Maybe Schleich trolling us?
If they are trolling us I would it would make sense though. Were not exactly shleich's best promoter. But most likely it was just an accident.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Ravonium

Yet more misplaced adverts

I think the only reason both of these were advertised is because they had 'PNSO' in their advertising titles.

BlueKrono

Hey, I know some forum members have already sprung for those figures. ::cough::Admin::cough::
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Ravonium

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 25, 2017, 07:33:06 AM
Hey, I know some forum members have already sprung for those figures. ::cough::Admin::cough::

Oh yeah, I've watched the video of him unboxing them.

Ravonium

I know this is a little off topic, but Ebay has a guide on their website called 'How to make a Tyrannosaurus Rex'. The funny part is that the model they use as an example of T-rex isn't a T-rex

This is the actual image they use as an example of a T-rex.

Don't believe me? Then go to this link
http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Make-a-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-/10000000208062543/g.html

BlueKrono

Should have been titled "How to Make a Fool of Yourself".

Speaking of which... spelling error corrected.  ;) Sheesh, isn't that what autocorrect is for?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Ravonium

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 25, 2017, 08:21:28 AM
Should have been titled "How to Make a Fool of Yourself".

Good title, but I would prefer 'How To Make A Paleofan Cringe'.

Ravonium

Two slightly less weird new ads, both of which didn't have any word apart from 'dinosaur'

Oh, and turns out there are still so-called 'Spinosaurus skulls' being sold on Ebay, although it wasn't being advertised on this forum or sold for 99 cents.

It's literally the same skull as when it was advertised 1 and a half years ago on the forum, except it's a different color.

BlueKrono

This new discovery rewrites everything we thought we knew about spinosaurids.

Ravonium

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 25, 2017, 05:31:21 PM
This new discovery rewrites everything we thought we knew about spinosaurids.

It also debunks the popular theory, created by boring scientists who say that T-rex has feathers, that Spinosaurus ate fish.

Ravonium

New ad, and this time actually interesting unlike the last one:

The fact this was tagged as a 'kid's educational toy' makes me lose hope for the next generation. Not to mention, it isn't even a creature that was ever real. I almost thought we were done with funny ads until this popped up.

Update:As of writing this update, there are 2 adverts on the forum for the exact same thing, just sold differently.

stargatedalek

Most of these don't actually seem misplaced at all. I've seen a lot stranger adds appear (dating sites, MMO's, etc.).

Ravonium

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 25, 2017, 05:56:09 PM
Most of these don't actually seem misplaced at all. I've seen a lot stranger adds appear (dating sites, MMO's, etc.).

I will admit that the ads that appear outside of the Ebay section are usually weirder. On the ATF I once saw an ad that said something similar to 'Join Us and Win Minecraft' (no joke). On the ATF there are also magazines and similar items being advertised in the Ebay section, usually because they have the word 'mojo' in them.

Sim

Isn't this thread supposed to be for adverts on this forum that are funny?  Rather than ones that are only not really appropriate (like the extant animal figure ads), or mislabelled stuff on ebay that isn't a forum ad?

I've seen dating site ads on this forum.  I find them annoying and they also seem very inappropriate given the ages of some of the members here.

BlueKrono

I wonder if the ads on here are tailored to us individually or if all members see the same ones. I know FB tailors theirs.

stargatedalek

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 25, 2017, 06:29:16 PM
I wonder if the ads on here are tailored to us individually or if all members see the same ones. I know FB tailors theirs.
I wouldn't be surprised, right now I'm looking at an add for Figma :P

Sim

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 25, 2017, 06:29:16 PM

I get the feeling the ads on this forum that aren't about prehistoric stuff, or figures, aren't tailored, since they show things I've never searched for/read about.

Simon

Quote from: Sim on April 25, 2017, 06:19:52 PM
Isn't this thread supposed to be for adverts on this forum that are funny?  Rather than ones that are only not really appropriate (like the extant animal figure ads), or mislabelled stuff on ebay that isn't a forum ad?

I've seen dating site ads on this forum.  I find them annoying and they also seem very inappropriate given the ages of some of the members here.

There is a very simple, FREE and SAFE solution to 90% of annoying internet ads that is currently being used by hundreds of millions (myself included).

You can download it HERE: https://adblockplus.org/    ;) ;) ;)

Sim

I actually have Adblock Plus on my laptop's Internet browser, so when viewing the forum on my laptop the only ads I see are the ones I'm guessing have been chosen by Dr Admin (such as the Dinosaurs of China exhibition one currently at the top of the page).  These ads that remain also happen to be the more interesting/pleasant ones.  I see the other ads only when I view the forum on my mobile phone.

Ravonium

OK, I'll stop commenting on this until I find an actually 'funny' ad.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: