News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What three Ceratopsians should SafariLTD make?

Started by Takama, June 02, 2015, 05:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What three Ceratopsians should SafariLTD make?

Anchiceratops
6 (10%)
Aquilops
14 (23.3%)
Arrhinoceratops
4 (6.7%)
Centrosaurus
20 (33.3%)
Coronosaurus
4 (6.7%)
Einiosaurus
19 (31.7%)
Kosmoceratops
11 (18.3%)
Leptoceratops Remake
5 (8.3%)
Medusaceratops
7 (11.7%)
Pentaceratops
9 (15%)
Protoceratops
21 (35%)
Styracosaurus remake
10 (16.7%)
Spinops
3 (5%)
Triceratops remake
6 (10%)
Torosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Utahceratops
1 (1.7%)
A Pachycephalasaur or other Ceratopsian
11 (18.3%)
Psittacosaurus
20 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

DinoLord

That sounds fair. Your work is definitely appreciated; hopefully some of the most popularly requested genera will make it into figure form!

tanystropheus

Thank you, Takama. This is a great initiative.

I didn't see any option for Chasmosaurus (I suppose, there is always Papo?), so I went with Einiosaurus
Kosmoceratops and Leptoceratops (although, I would be equally happy with a Protoceratops).

Gwangi

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 03, 2015, 01:40:58 AM

I didn't see any option for Chasmosaurus (I suppose, there is always Papo?), so I went with Einiosaurus
Kosmoceratops and Leptoceratops (although, I would be equally happy with a Protoceratops).

Chasmosaurus would be another one I would have liked to vote for. It's painful that some of these dinosaurs have been known to science for so long yet still don't have a proper model/toy. Centrosaurus being another obvious one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 03, 2015, 03:12:02 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 03, 2015, 01:40:58 AM

Chasmosaurus would be another one I would have liked to vote for. It's painful that some of these dinosaurs have been known to science for so long yet still don't have a proper model/toy. Centrosaurus being another obvious one.

Voted for Centrosaurus myself..I'm debating whether to make one of them or a Chasmosaurus for our next ceratopsian here.

Takama

Go for Centrosaurus for your park Blade. Chasmosaurus is more common among Toylines  despite being poorly represented.

John

Quote from: Takama on June 03, 2015, 01:06:16 AM
I unlocked the poll. Here is an idea. Once Safari Releases info on next years models, i will lock the polls and send the winners to Safaris Facebook

After that, I will call out for new Suggestions then i can edit the poll by removing the winners and maybe add new additions as well as leaving the ones that were on there the first time around.

(I hope you guys appreciate this little service im doing for you, It was Dans Idea to do this)
That's a very good point! You never know,one or more of what we suggest in these polls could be on the way already. :)
And your efforts here are appreciated,Takama. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

joossa

I voted:
Styracosaurus remake
Triceratops remake
Torosaurus
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shonisaurus

Should be included in the list regaliceratops, his skull is perfectly preserved. Other than this is the ceratopsid year.

Doug Watson

Quote from: DinoLord on June 03, 2015, 01:00:28 AM
Does anyone know when in the year Safari generally decides what species to do for the year after next (IIRC Doug has mentioned he is already working on next year's sculpts). It would probably be a good idea to keep these polls open until then.

This is great Takama and a great resource for guys like me, thank you.

Dinolord it varies year to year but I can correct you and tell you I am actually working on the 2017s right now I have already turned in the 2016s so anything here that we go with that I haven't already done for 2016 or 2017 would come out in 2018 at the earliest but I am not saying that nothing on this list is not in the cards if that makes any sense to anyone. So if possible maybe you could could keep it as an open poll and subtract or add as the new releases or discoveries appear.

P.S. I didn't vote.

Takama

I could add more species, but what about those who already voted, and theirs a added species they want more then one they already picked?

All of these came from the Suggestions thread.   And i did not want to make the polls too full of species.    Doug im looking Forward to the offerings of 2016, i just hope we get one of the following

a new Sauropod

a new feathered Dinosaur

or a new Armored one.

Are you allow to confirm that the output of products is more then this year thanks to  the Carnegie Collection's Demise?

Doug Watson

Quote from: Takama on June 05, 2015, 12:09:40 AM
Are you allow to confirm that the output of products is more then this year thanks to  the Carnegie Collection's Demise?

Sorry but I am am not at liberty to confirm output numbers. I hope people will be happy but then I am always surprised what ticks some people off.
Lists like that are helpful when I make my suggestions to Safari because sometimes you guys suggest species I had never considered or you confirm interest in species that I have suggested.
It would be better if more people participated since 30 or 40 some people out of 1000+ forum members is not a huge sample size.

Takama

I will be honest. You kind of Discouraged me with the low Number of voters compared to the number of members. but i wonder how many of the members are actually active here?

I wont be mad With any model unless its paint rubs off extremely easily.   I have no problems with over-sized feet or tripod stances, i just want a variety of species of all sizes and Family's, and i hope with these polls, we can give Safari ideas on how to achieve that.     

Arul

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 05, 2015, 12:05:10 PM
Quote from: Takama on June 05, 2015, 12:09:40 AM

Sorry but I am am not at liberty to confirm output numbers. I hope people will be happy but then I am always surprised what ticks some people off.
Lists like that are helpful when I make my suggestions to Safari because sometimes you guys suggest species I had never considered or you confirm interest in species that I have suggested.
It would be better if more people participated since 30 or 40 some people out of 1000+ forum members is not a huge sample size.

Emm if safari ltd want to take a real sample to help them making the model, what "sample" did usually they use ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Carnegie Collection was down to just one model a year so it really doesn't bother me if it's accounted for or not.

Doug Watson

Quote from: ARUL on June 06, 2015, 01:39:58 AM
Emm if safari ltd want to take a real sample to help them making the model, what "sample" did usually they use ?

The best method I know of to get your ideas to Safari Ltd is by making suggestions on their Facebook page. I was only commenting that the sample size is small in most of these polls 100 people would only be 10% of the membership. I still like seeing the results however as I have mentioned some of the polls suggest species that I had never considered.

Takama

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 04, 2015, 11:38:09 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on June 03, 2015, 01:00:28 AM
Does anyone know when in the year Safari generally decides what species to do for the year after next (IIRC Doug has mentioned he is already working on next year's sculpts). It would probably be a good idea to keep these polls open until then.

This is great Takama and a great resource for guys like me, thank you.

Dinolord it varies year to year but I can correct you and tell you I am actually working on the 2017s right now I have already turned in the 2016s so anything here that we go with that I haven't already done for 2016 or 2017 would come out in 2018 at the earliest but I am not saying that nothing on this list is not in the cards if that makes any sense to anyone. So if possible maybe you could could keep it as an open poll and subtract or add as the new releases or discoveries appear.

P.S. I didn't vote.

I take that as a hint that Two of the Ceratopsians in the poll are already on the cards for next year and the following.

John

Quote from: Takama on June 06, 2015, 06:34:34 AM
I take that as a hint that Two of the Ceratopsians in the poll are already on the cards for next year and the following.
I'd hate to rain on the parade,but I didn't see any particular hints about anything that's coming up in 2016 or 2017.If we did by coincidence suggest anything that actually is in the cards,we don't know from which poll they are in. :-X

Anyway,there isn't anything on any of these polls that I wouldn't want to see,whether my particular three per poll win or not.So my honest answer to what I would like to see Safari Ltd. produce is anything prehistoric from the dawn of time to the Ice Age. ;D

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Doug Watson

Quote from: John on June 06, 2015, 11:33:11 PM
I'd hate to rain on the parade,but I didn't see any particular hints about anything that's coming up in 2016 or 2017.If we did by coincidence suggest anything that actually is in the cards,we don't know from which poll they are in. :-X

Anyway,there isn't anything on any of these polls that I wouldn't want to see,whether my particular three per poll win or not.So my honest answer to what I would like to see Safari Ltd. produce is anything prehistoric from the dawn of time to the Ice Age. ;D

Yes if Takama can see a hint in what I said put him up there with Sherlock Holmes because I tried to be as vague as possible.

Takama

I was assuming that one or two of the Listed Ceratopsians was is slated for the next one or two years.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Takama on June 07, 2015, 01:47:35 AM
I was assuming that one or two of the Listed Ceratopsians was is slated for the next one or two years.

Hey you could be right, or then again you could be wrong, or you could be half right, or you could be...........

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: