News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor customer treatment poll

Started by DinoToyForum, June 10, 2015, 05:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Rebor is treating its customers here well, or at least well enough?

Yes. Rebor is treating its customers here well, or at least well enough.
No. Rebor is not treating its customers here well, or not well enough.

DinoToyForum

Tyrannosauron raised the following question in a different thread:

"I do have to wonder: how many people here think Rebor is treating its customers here well, or at least well enough?"

To avoid going off topic there and to help Rebor gather feedback from their customers, I've created a new thread and poll to address this question. Votes are anonymous (except to the admin).

tanystropheus

They respond to almost every single customer inquiry on their Facebook page. I'm sure that they respond to PM on DTF, as well. Minizoo, BBTS and a number of retailers have an exceptionally strong relationship with them and regard them highly. However, the one area where they were subpar was with the stability issues regarding  Utahraptor and Ceratosaurus --REBOR wasn't transparent from the get-go but later admitted (and apologized) that they did not know how to resolve that particular issue. Also, regarding T-rex stability (and in response to customer demand), they are providing a better, expanded base (e.g. Dead Trike) for both support and aesthetics. It seems that REBOR is integrating the suggestions forwarded to them by customers, but it will take time to see it in fruition. Perhaps, it will be clearly obvious when the Acro and Quetz are released.

However, they are not always too friendly to critics and haters (potential customers??), especially ones that are vocal (justifiably or not). I find REBOR's antics and rants amusing overall as it injects an element of personality/attitude to the product or company, but occasionally they overstep their boundaries...

suspsy

I think REBOR needs to tone down their confrontational attitude. Fighting fire with fire is the instinctive response, but it's not the right one. It makes REBOR look petty and immature. If they want to be taken seriously as a company, they need to start acting more like one. They need to fight fire with water. Be firm, be resolute, defend their actions, but don't resort to bashing fans and other companies. I've pointed this out in the REBOR general discussion thread, but they haven't responded.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dobber

I voted yes, but on the "well enough" side of yes. I was a bit annoyed, personally, when myself and another member here reported how to "fix" the Ceratosaurus and that it did NOT work, and Rebor just chimed in and said it's a 30 second fix like we didn't know how to do this. Or they didn't bother to see what was already posted not long before their post. Just seemed very dismissive and slightly condescending to me.

They seem to be trying, but their attitude towards those of us that would like to see more modern takes on Dinosaurs instead of JP styled creatures, is a bit......confrontational. I've defended them in the past because I felt some here came off very harsh in their critisisms, but they seem to now lump all of us into that "enemy" category if we state a preference for more scientific (by current standards) sculpts. Time will tell, but I hope they take the "high road" more often then not instead of making snarky remarks like there current Star Wars post.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wouldn't be opposed to them making 100% JP replicas..I'd like a really nice I-Rex replica.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 10, 2015, 11:26:17 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to them making 100% JP replicas..I'd like a really nice I-Rex replica.
This, this exactly. Its not that they make inaccurate replicas, its that they claim they are accurate and get awfully preachy about it that irks me.

Arul

I vote yes not much company who interact with their fans, this is very sad but agree with suspy we have to fight a fire with water. in other side we have to realise that some member here is just too rude. Giving advice or critic is fine but you guys have to know how to give a proper critic. Maybe next time someone have to make a poll, "is this a friendly community just like the forum describsion said on the forum index ?"

suspsy

I think most of the people who have criticized REBOR's products have been very polite and civil.

Arul

Some of them yes, but honestly i can mention the members who give a very "spicy" critic, i really want to report them since the first time i saw their rude comment when rebor introduce trex and yuty here but im sure that is not really necessary

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 11, 2015, 01:12:48 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 10, 2015, 11:26:17 PM
This, this exactly. Its not that they make inaccurate replicas, its that they claim they are accurate and get awfully preachy about it that irks me.

I suppose it gets a bit confusing if you are trying to please all sorts of demographics (toy vs. statue, JP vs. accurate, collectors vs. awesomebros etc.). REBOR's Cerato and Acro are closer to the accurate category, while their T-rex and Raptors seem to clearly adhere to the JP category. I think the Utahraptor and the Y-rex caused the most problems because they were neither/nor as far as labels are concerned.

Shonisaurus

They do not know accept criticism, have very bad loser, and are not without pride.

Reprehensible lack of respect for those who civilized and gives scientific data makes any criticism of his company. They should have some self-criticism and sensibly since they are throwing stones at the same roof.

On the other hand if you are reading now members Rebor these lines that my thoughts exteriorized, taking into account that I am a regular at the figures buyer. I bought the yutyrannus, tyrannosaurus rex, utahraptor, ceratosaurus and resin dinosaur triceratops Jolly breeding of that mark and in my case except yutyrannus all have a fault or problem, and I'm not the only one to complain.

What has bothered me is that insult to criticize their figures with dinonazis appellation. Not pleasant conversation with them, considering our forum open to anyone is quite civilized.

Takama

I have little problem with Rebors models, I just Wish they would not Claim them to be very accurate. Its there attitude here that made me decide not to buy there products.

But im a sucka for the following

If they make Enough Obscure Genera, i might buy them

If they make enough Small Species i might buy them

If they can Do one of those, i will buy there products.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on June 11, 2015, 02:59:57 AM
I have little problem with Rebors models, I just Wish they would not Claim them to be very accurate. Its there attitude here that made me decide not to buy there products.

But im a sucka for the following

If they make Enough Obscure Genera, i might buy them

If they make enough Small Species i might buy them

If they can Do one of those, i will buy there products.

REBOR stated that their future models (post Velociraptor Triplet Maquette) will be more scientifically oriented, and that they will eventually release some high quality smaller species/models (I'm assuming around the $20 range with or without bases) in the near future. If future REBOR products achieve accuracy parity with Safari or CollectA, do you still advise that they remove their accuracy claim?

Takama

No I would advise not to remove  that claim. But I still wish they Keep it on the ones that are obviously Not Accurate (Yutyrannus Version 1) 

I also want Animals that would appeal more to collectors as well. How many AWESOME BRO folks can claim that Hadrosaurus was there favorite Dinosaur?   Granted, i have no problem with Theropods, but i want a Variety of Genera from all major dinosaur family's.  But i feel this is too much to ask of them.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ARUL on June 11, 2015, 01:43:17 AM
Some of them yes, but honestly i can mention the members who give a very "spicy" critic, i really want to report them since the first time i saw their rude comment when rebor introduce trex and yuty here but im sure that is not really necessary

Several members were banned as a result, so I'm hopeful it won't happen again. If it does, forum members now know that certain behaviour is unacceptable on this forum and understand what the outcome will be.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion on this forum so long as they don't break forum rules. We welcome healthy discussion from all points of view - what would a forum be without diversity of opinion?

If you, or anyone else, truly believe that the DTF is not, as a whole, a friendly community, then I'll take that on board and see if there's anything I can do (that I haven't already done) to improve it. If the statement in the forum side bar is misleading, I'll change it. To this end, I will create a poll, as you suggest. :)

suspsy

FWIW, this is one of the most pleasant forums I've ever come across in all my years of being online.

Arul

Yes this is a forum not just a social media like fb insta etc. We have to choose our word carefully to keep a good conducive situation.

Shonisaurus

I was pleasantly amazed at the forum is the high degree of paleontological knowledge of the vast majority of its members.

This forum to discuss other one learn about dinosaurs paleontology, rather than all manuals you have and even more than what is written on the Internet.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: suspsy on June 11, 2015, 12:10:37 PM
FWIW, this is one of the most pleasant forums I've ever come across in all my years of being online.
Same here.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Tyrannosauron

Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 11, 2015, 04:46:46 PM
Quote from: suspsy on June 11, 2015, 12:10:37 PM
Same here.

Agreed! I haven't contributed very much, but it's great fun even to watch fellow enthusiasts geek out about dinosaurs. I think most of us agree on that much.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: