News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Balaur bondoc is a bird

Started by Balaur, June 18, 2015, 05:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Indeed! I like to think we've moved past that now, into an era of fuzzy-faced maniraptorans.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 23, 2015, 04:13:12 PM
Aah yes, the good ol' wet pheasant look! I agree wholeheartedly, I simply can't imagine any reasoning behind that appearance.

Yeah, I guess there wasn't much reasoning behind it at all actually! GSP invented that look before feathered dinosaurs were known, so despite how close they were to Archaeopteryx, he seems to have given them what we'd now consider compsognathid-grade plumage. At least it was better than everybody else, who seem to have thought pennaceous feathered evolved entirely in the league between deinonychosaurs and Archaeopteryx...!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Takama

Now this has got me wondering.   Could Balaur ride on the backs of Magyarosaurus like the Rahonavus in Dinotasia?  Are were they too Ground oriented?

DinoLord

Balaur was over twice the length of Rahonavis, so probably not.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.