You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

That is one fabulous Raptor! I really hope we can add these to our collections some time soon. :)

terrorchicken

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 16, 2016, 03:09:49 PM

Quote from: Creative Beast StudioThe velociraptor prototype is finished! More pics soon, but for now I wanted to show what each raptor will include: main figure (with flexible rubber parts for the tongue, neck 'collar', primary wings, and tail w/ wire), alternate lifted toes for running poses, base, and posing rod.

YES. This is toy.

Shadowknight1

If this is an indication of how the line will look, then I am going to have a distinctly hard time not buying every single one that comes out!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

It will sold in unpainted condition right ? Im pretty sure this model will be success on kickstarter :)

Dobber

Quote from: Arul on March 18, 2016, 11:07:17 AM
It will sold in unpainted condition right ? Im pretty sure this model will be success on kickstarter :)

I don't know about that, he was very specific in saying this will be a toy.

Chris

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Rain

Aside from the painted toy, he mentioned that there will be an unpainted, pre-posed kit as well.

AcroSauroTaurus

I asked him if he was going to sell it disassembled, and he said that it would be released as a finished figure. (meaning put together, painted, etc.) so he said it would be sold painted.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Arul

Wow ! So its gonna be in painted condition :D oh man...thats great no need for extra work :D

Fembrogon

Quote from: Creative Beast Studio"First of all, I want to send you all a huge THANK YOU for your interest in this project so far. None of this will be possible without your support and I encourage you all to continue to spread the word so that it can become a reality. That being said, there have been several questions lately that I'd like to address here in one place for everyone. If I missed anything, please let me know in the comments.

-Beasts of the Mesozoic: Raptor Series Kickstarter campaign is planned for April 27th, 2016

-Each figure will be 1/6th scale (around 12" long) and include a base, posing stand, and one set of alternate toes

-Campaign will begin with three figures: Velociraptor, Atrcoiraptor, and Tsaagan

-There will be seven stretch goal raptor figures, and one possible Kickstarter exclusive variant

-Additional stretch goals include: an art book, exclusive package art prints, and one unannounced item

-Early estimated costs are $30-$40 per figure

-International shipping will be available

-Alternate paypal method contribution will be offered via my web site during the campaign

Thank you all again- you have my sincere gratitude. More updates soon- stay tuned!

I trust we're all setting aside a little money.  ;)

tanystropheus

I might actually invest in this line. Imagine an entire collection of feathered dromaeosaurs!

However, I might be the only person here that would have preferred slightly less articulation as it seems to get a bit revoltech-ish at times.

Dobber

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 21, 2016, 05:21:57 AM
I might actually invest in this line. Imagine an entire collection of feathered dromaeosaurs!

However, I might be the only person here that would have preferred slightly less articulation as it seems to get a bit revoltech-ish at times.

I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, this figure still looks amazing and I'm definately going to get at least one....If not the whole line :) just depends how the Kickstarter is set up.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

LophoLeeVT

i am getting it as soon as the line comes out!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Patrx

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 21, 2016, 05:21:57 AM

Indeed - articulation only works for robots or characters wearing segmented armour, in my opinion. Living things look pretty ghastly all split up like that. However - even though I don't like the articulation, and I don't like Silva's style very much, decent-looking dromaeosaurs are practically nonexistent in this hobby. I'll probably be willing to part with $30.00 or so to pick one of these up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looking at the image the segments don't look all that bad to me, of course different positions can look..different.   The only other option is wire molded into a more rubber like body like Kenner did with a couple JP fgures, those with limited success.   It was stated there will be seamless model kits of these as well..so there is that option.

Mauro "Raptor86"

These are not models, they are ACTION FIGURES...of course they need articulations!

Patrx

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on March 21, 2016, 03:02:41 PM
These are not models, they are ACTION FIGURES...of course they need articulations!

Quite so! I simply find that action figures of living things tend to look a bit unpleasant to me on account of all the joints.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 21, 2016, 02:41:15 PM
The only other option is wire molded into a more rubber like body like Kenner did with a couple JP fgures, those with limited success.

That's an interesting idea  - it could be tricky, though.
In point of fact, I think this is a really neat project as it is, and I hope these new "raptors" fly off the virtual shelves  :)

terrorchicken

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on March 21, 2016, 03:02:41 PM

yeah but does it really need that segment right in the middle of the torso? ???
dont get me wrong, the figures are fanatstic!

Blade-of-the-Moon

For a living animal I'd say all those are necessary joints. So they will help with a lot of poses.   I hope this is just the start, years ago, David talked about a whole range of dino toys like this, theropods, sauropods, all of them made in this manner.    Feathers make the joints a lot more subtle though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: