You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: empire3569 on April 03, 2016, 04:27:29 PM
If I remember correctly he has done a lot of the recent NECA "Predator" sculpts, and it looks like there is a NECA "Pacific Rim" figure in that photo as well
There are several Pacific Rim there actually, and the JP3D Pachyrhinosaurus in it's beautiful pre-Hasbro-executive state.

terrorchicken

I have that dragon figure (and the white one!)

sauroid

are you referring to the classic McFarlane's Dragons?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

terrorchicken

yep, I have two of the first wave still mint in their packages. :)

Fembrogon

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 03, 2016, 06:12:49 PM
Quote from: empire3569 on April 03, 2016, 04:27:29 PM
If I remember correctly he has done a lot of the recent NECA "Predator" sculpts, and it looks like there is a NECA "Pacific Rim" figure in that photo as well
There are several Pacific Rim there actually, and the JP3D Pachyrhinosaurus in it's beautiful pre-Hasbro-executive state.
Three Pacific Rim figures in total are featured: Knifehead(ver.2), Otachi(flying), and the upcoming Mutavore.
Godzilla 1954 is also present in the photo.

More updates - Atrociraptor parts:

(Atrociraptor's tail ((right)) compared with Velociraptor's)

(Playing with a "lipped" look)

Tsaagan's box layout:

postsaurischian

:D !!

When is the campaign going to start? I can't seem to find it.
Can someone post a link?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Doesnt start til the end of April if I recall correctly.

Viking Spawn

postsaurischian

Fembrogon

Uppity-dates!

QuoteHere's a photo of the recently sculpted Atrociraptor parts before handing them off to be molded. These will be ready for the prototype next week. In the meantime, look for news on the Tsaagan parts soon.

QuoteFull parts layout of the Atrociraptor (raptor #2) action figure. Shares plenty of parts with the Velociraptor, but has plenty that are new as well.

QuoteEarly look at the in-progress Tsaagan head and neck sculpt. Going for a vulture-like look on this one.

QuoteWork in progress look at raptor #3, Tsaagan. Thoughts so far?

QuotePackage art is done for the #4 raptor- Saurornitholestes! This will be stretch goal #1 for the Kickstarter campaign. Only a teaser for now of Jonathan Kuo's brilliant rendition. Full reveal during the campaign!

Roselaar

Looks fantastic! I'm glad Mr. Silva goes for striking diversity in his first (and hopefully not the last) line-up.

Dobber

So looking forward to this campaign. I hope it's successful and I can get some of these.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Dinoguy2

You might want to hold off on Saurornitholestes for a bit... somebody posted a picture of a new fossil being studied that looks basically to be a Saurornitholestes mummy... not sure if there's any soft tissue but people are saying it's the most incredible dinosaur fossil they've ever seen and the small photo posted so far looks it! Might be great information on the overall shape and posture of the body. Previous specimens were pretty incomplete, this one is complete aside from the tail, articulated, and uncrushed 3D preservation.

Edit: Here's the pic: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/news-and-events/multimedia/in-photos-little-things-that-mean-a-lot

Check out the keratin extensions on those hand claws, they more than double the size of the boney core and make it way more hooked... The sickle claws have a very wicked looking long, thin extension too.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

I notified David about your discovery there on facebook and directed him back here, hopefully it helps out!

Fembrogon

Quote from: Creative Beast Studio(David Silva)A closer look at the near finished Tsaagan head and collar sculpt. Will be completing this one shortly.
Building the Atrociraptor prototype this weekend.

QuoteTsaagan parts are finished now, and here's a look at the new tail sculpt (left). Longer and wider than the Velociraptor tail (right).

QuoteA closer look at the new primary wings for Tsaagan.

QuoteFirst look at the complete, built Atrociraptor prototype. Basecoat has been applied and painting is now in progress.

QuoteThe painted Atrociraptor prototype is now completed! Can't wait to take some more photos of this beast.

QuoteIntroducing the completed Raptor #2 for the upcoming Beasts of the Mesozoic Kickstarter (only one week away!) Here's Atrociraptor, and he will come with all you see here.

Flaffy

SO FABULOUS. SO FLUFFY.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I can't wait to get my hands on Atrociraptor!  :))

Tumtist

Roselaar

Dobber

Very much looking forward to this Kickstarter! Though, I think the Atrociraptor's head looks a bit large for the rest of the body, or maybe it's the torso looks off. I can't tell what it is but this one seems odd looking to me  :-[ no disrespect intended to David's hard work and talent.

I wonder how the Kickstarter will work, if we will have to buy all previous sculpts to get the ones you really want.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: