You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Most of what he plans on doing are various species of Dromeosaurs.

Cnrdvs

Keep it under $30 and I'll be sold on all of them. The sculpt on the velociraptor is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you do for the others. Also, I love the idea of using the same body parts on different models to make it easier.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Creative Beast StudiosSo close now... some final detail clean up and then off to the moldmaker by Friday. In the meantime, here's a teaser of the current status. Now with articulated tongue!

original link

Blade-of-the-Moon

Halichoeres

Barbs are discernible on the primaries. Friggin' barbs. I admire that level of detail.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

Wow, looks amazing. When are these supposed to come out?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Viking Spawn

terrorchicken

Id like one! would go nice with my Resaurus naked raptor...

Shuvuuia

Can't wait for this kickstarter. It's looking SO good.

LophoLeeVT

i hope that it will be cheap not expensive like rebor of sideshow.
but by the the looks it will...sniff
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Fembrogon

I believe the intent is for the figures to be in the  $30-40 dollar range - which, for a 12-inch, super-articulated figure, sounds reasonable to me.

stargatedalek

I care more about material than price, even more so with them being articulated.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 12, 2016, 05:09:18 PM
I care more about material than price, even more so with them being articulated.

These are going to be kits or built/painted models/figures?

I would guess your options are resin, plastic, or a thicker rubber like material?

stargatedalek

Resin would be a no-go for me, too fragile especially for something articulated.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 12, 2016, 06:54:16 PM
Resin would be a no-go for me, too fragile especially for something articulated.

I'm betting on the same rubber-like material used for the other stylized dromeosaur figures he makes.

Halichoeres

I think the fact that he's calling them toys pretty much rules out resin.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 13, 2016, 06:22:51 PM
I think the fact that he's calling them toys pretty much rules out resin.

There are different kinds of resin, some more like plastic.  I'm fairly sure these are aimed at adult collectors too.  I guess we;ll see, it doesn't matter to me really, I'm not likely to change the pose too much, too often anyway.

Fembrogon

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Victoria's Cantina

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: