You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 30, 2016, 07:35:20 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 30, 2016, 04:40:37 PM
Just wanted to pledge 100 bucks but encountered an obstacle. Only listed payment method is credit card and I don't have one. PayPal doesn't seem to be an option, which totally sucks because that's my only way of paying internationally...

Any advice (that doesn't involve getting a credit card just for this)? :-/

I'd be willing to adjust my pledge by $100 if you like, and just forward your 3 figures afterward, in the event Silva isn't able to add other payment methods.

Sending PM. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Gotta say it makes me feel great seeing members giving each other a hand.  Thank you.  :)

tanystropheus

It's receiving ample coverage. Hopefully, the kickstarter continues to gain momentum.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=407&itemid=26350

Digibasherx

Quote from: Dobber on April 28, 2016, 07:15:37 PM
David has posted his first update and answers the Art print question, I was partially correct;

"First, I have made the Mark Schultz signed print tier eligible for add-ons, so if you're interested in both the print and raptors, please pledge for the print since it's limited, and then add-on the amount needed to back additional items. It will work the same way for the post cards and also for when the stretch goals are unlocked *fingers crossed*. You'll be able to sort it all out with a survey sent to you at the end of the campaign.

Secondly- I am seeing a lot of people saying they'll pledge next week or later when they have money, but please keep in mind that you WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL THE CAMPAIGN ENDS. I don't know about you guys, but I want to get to those stretch goals as soon as possible, so if you know you're going to pledge, please do it sooner than later- it all takes out at the end either way.

Chris

So, to clarify, since I'm new as well, I would click on the print, then pledge the $100 for the print, and then will receive the 3 raptors?

Dobber

Quote from: Digibasherx on May 02, 2016, 07:00:29 PM
Quote from: Dobber on April 28, 2016, 07:15:37 PM
David has posted his first update and answers the Art print question, I was partially correct;

"First, I have made the Mark Schultz signed print tier eligible for add-ons, so if you're interested in both the print and raptors, please pledge for the print since it's limited, and then add-on the amount needed to back additional items. It will work the same way for the post cards and also for when the stretch goals are unlocked *fingers crossed*. You'll be able to sort it all out with a survey sent to you at the end of the campaign.

Secondly- I am seeing a lot of people saying they'll pledge next week or later when they have money, but please keep in mind that you WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL THE CAMPAIGN ENDS. I don't know about you guys, but I want to get to those stretch goals as soon as possible, so if you know you're going to pledge, please do it sooner than later- it all takes out at the end either way.

Chris

So, to clarify, since I'm new as well, I would click on the print, then pledge the $100 for the print, and then will receive the 3 raptors?

No, you would click the Print pledge which is $40 + whatever shipping...THEN add an extra $100 + shipping for the 3 raptors. So it will be a total of $140 for the merchandise plus the 2 shipping costs. There is 2 shipping costs because the print will ship earlier than the raptors.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Digibasherx

So when I pledge the 40 + shipping, I can't pledge again unless I change it.  When I do, I can only change it to the 100 + shipping.  So do I pledge the 40 + shipping, and then manually add 100?  Sorry, it's a bit confusing.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm currently trying to figure out how to add the stretch goals my current pledge..

Digibasherx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2016, 04:11:45 AM
I'm currently trying to figure out how to add the stretch goals my current pledge..

I think the stretch goals will only be available after the value has been reached, then we can pledge for them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Digibasherx on May 04, 2016, 04:58:29 AM

I think the stretch goals will only be available after the value has been reached, then we can pledge for them.

Didn't David post one was reached? 

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 04, 2016, 05:14:00 AM
Quote from: Digibasherx on May 04, 2016, 04:58:29 AM

Didn't David post one was reached?

No, he posted a preview for the first stretch goal.  Stretch goals aren't reached until after the primary goal has been reached.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah..so many updates coming in it's hard to keep them all straight.

Flaffy

Are the primary feathers of the raptors attached to the wrist or to the middle finger? It seems to me that it has the same problem as the papo feathered raptor. Someone please confirm it.  :))

sauroid

i heard Saurornitholestes sullivani and Balaur bondoc will be added in the future for this line? how true is this?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dobber

Ok I'll try to explain it more clearly for everyone:

When you pledge $35 or more you have the ability to add more money on to your pledge. You will have a button that says manage my pledge or something. When you click on it it will give you your pledge info with an option to cancel it or change it.  You would click on the change button and will then be given the option to change to a different tier or just change the amount in your current tier. So if you pledged $35+whatever shipping for the velociraptor but you decide you are going to want the Tsaagan then you would add on another $35.

Now if you want the Art print and some figures, for example I want the Raptor Pack, you need to select the art print tier (since it is limited to 100 prints) and then add an extra $115 for the Raptor Pack. Remember if you want the art print you have to stay in the art print tier and then add money to it for the figures.

The Stretch goals will also be $35 per figure just like the original 3. They are not technically available yet since we have not reach the first stretch goal of $135,000 (Saurornitholestes sullivani) David has asked that you don't add extra money for any of the Stretch goal Raptors until it's stretch goal amount has been reached. So even though he has revealed the Balaur it will not be available until the campaign reaches $145,000.

So once the campaign reaches $125,000 the original 3 figures will be made. But if you put an extra $35 down for the first stretch goal raptor(Saurornitholestes sullivani) and the campaign only earns $134,999, then you will NOT get that first stretch goal raptor. The total has to reach the Stretch goal amount to have that raptor made.

Personally, I think once the campaign goal is met, the stretch goals will be met fairly quickly as many will probably add on to reach those goals, and then continue doing so as each stretch goal is met.

Also, when you add extra money on to your pledge, David has said that after the campaign ends a backer kit survey is sent to all donors so you can state what the extra money is for. So in my case I'm pledged at the Art print tier of $40 with $115 add on for a total of $155. When the survey comes out I just explain that the extra $115 is for the Raptor Pack. If we reach stretch goals then I add on the appropriate amount each time and would then just explain in the survey what raptors I'm wanting.

Hope this helps

Chris

Fembrogon

Artwork for Balaur Bondoc. Bird or not, this is gorgeous:

Also:

I need to make my pledge already.

J.R.S T REX

I committed a pledge for the fabulous Raptor pack last night.  I will keep a close watch on this and will probably increase the quantity if it looks like David needs more support to make his hard work a reality!

Viking Spawn

empire3569

Just pledged for the Atrociraptor! I love the color scheme on that one. I may consider increasing my pledge to include the Velociraptor as well if it gets down to the end and the campaign hasn't reached it's goal yet. But really hoping it does!

Dobber

Regarding Balaur, where is the line drawn between Dinosaur and bird? The skeletal remains and at least artist impressions of the animal, certainly make it look like other maniraptor or dromeosaurian dinosaurs. So what's the difference? At what point do we stop calling something a dinosaur and start calling it a bird?

Chris

sauroid

Quote from: Dobber on May 05, 2016, 09:31:52 PM
Regarding Balaur, where is the line drawn between Dinosaur and bird? The skeletal remains and at least artist impressions of the animal, certainly make it look like other maniraptor or dromeosaurian dinosaurs. So what's the difference? At what point do we stop calling something a dinosaur and start calling it a bird?

Chris
same question.

by the way, the ceratopsian series just added more excitement factor.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: