You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Would've liked the blue one more if it didn't have random white patches. Still a fabulous model though! ;)

Victoria's Cantina

I'm definitely adding the blue one to my pledge... it looks beautiful!

empire3569

I really like the color scheme on the original velociraptor, the only thing that bugs me is the back leg; imo, the colors on the top of the leg and back don't blend well, which makes that leg sick out line a sore thumb. If he were to blend that leg a little better, I would add it to my pledge in a heartbeat

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: empire3569 on May 09, 2016, 01:21:47 PM
I really like the color scheme on the original velociraptor, the only thing that bugs me is the back leg; imo, the colors on the top of the leg and back don't blend well, which makes that leg sick out line a sore thumb. If he were to blend that leg a little better, I would add it to my pledge in a heartbeat

It might look better in the end.  I don't think David and his friends will be painting all of these themselves, likely they will be done in Asia and probably airbrushed, so blending is possible.

Flaffy

Quote from: empire3569 on May 09, 2016, 01:21:47 PM
I agree. The thigh could use a little red/orange (the colour of the body) to blend in better.
But hey, I'm very grateful that this line even exists at all.  :D

Roselaar

Less than 2,000 bucks but still well over two week  to go... This is gonna happen! :) Might even reach stretch targets.

Dobber

I'm just concerned that too many people are adding money for stretch goals already. If the stretch goals aren't met, people may reduce their pledges just before the campaign ends and if enough people do that it could reduce the total campaign amount to below $125,000.  :(

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dobber

Just passed the $125,000 mark! It's funded!! :)) now we just need to make the stretch goals!

Chris

Shadowknight1

I will be slightly sad if the stretch goals don't make it all the way to the end, he has some fabulous ideas in the wings.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 10, 2016, 11:52:36 AM
I will be slightly sad if the stretch goals don't make it all the way to the end, he has some fabulous ideas in the wings.

Yeah, me too. I really want to see his take on Zhenyaunlong but it is like second to last for some reason. :(

Chris

Dobber

Flaffy

Quote from: Dobber on May 10, 2016, 12:51:54 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 10, 2016, 11:52:36 AM

Yeah, me too. I really want to see his take on Zhenyaunlong but it is like second to last for some reason. :(

Chris
I do hope that Zhenyaunlong makes it, IT'S SO FLUFFY!

Flaffy

Will the series be for sale after the Kickstarter, or can you only get the figures if you backed the project?  ???

Halichoeres

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 10, 2016, 04:52:29 PM
Will the series be for sale after the Kickstarter, or can you only get the figures if you backed the project?  ???

I believe they will be for sale, although possibly at a higher price point. I think only the blue V. osmolskae is exclusive to backers.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on May 10, 2016, 04:21:22 PM
First Stretch goal passed already!  8)

Chris

Just upped my pledge for the Saurornitholestes sullivani.   

This has made me think about our own fundraiser for the Park here, we haven't been able to raise 10,000.00 to do improvements in almost 6  months now..maybe I need a reward system?

Archinto

I'd like to have the exclusive blue raptor, but the explanations for the pledges are very confusing. How the heck do I pledge to get that one....? :/ Do I just select the pledge level I want and add $30? How would they know that I want the blue raptor, theres nowhere to type anything
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

rammleid

Quote from: Archinto on May 10, 2016, 06:38:02 PM
I'd like to have the exclusive blue raptor, but the explanations for the pledges are very confusing. How the heck do I pledge to get that one....? :/

Just add the price of the raptor to your pledge. You need just to put more money in your pledge, no need to choose a new reward. How?

I you are from the USA for example and you have a 45 USD pledge: 35 USD (Velociraptor mongoliensis) + 10 USD shipping

You have to add 30 USD, making a total of 75 USD: 35 USD (Velociraptor mongoliensis) + 30 (Velociraptor osmolskae) + 10 USD shipping

You can change the amount of your pledge at any time if your personal page. The reward remains the same, but the total quatity must be increased.

PS: The blue raptor can't be ordered ALONE, it must be an add-on to a pre-existing pledge.

Archinto

Ah ok, thats kindof what  I figured. Its just confusing a bit. I have never pledged on a kickstarter project before. Good time to start I say :)

Ok I did it, one mongoliensis and the blue bad boi.... I hope it happens. these figures are rad
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Papi-Anon

Balaur is just a few grand away! *fingers crossed*
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: