News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Quote from: Martwad on August 18, 2020, 04:34:06 PM
Quote from: SenSx on August 18, 2020, 03:27:32 PM
Hello,

I just received my Rebor Acrocanthosaurus, and sadly it just does not stand at all.
This issue can be fix, I will make my own stand for him, or glue it to the dedicated stand with a metalic rod.
But he is heavily leaning on a side, which is not pretty at all (I will fix this thanks to the stand)

More important, mine has blemish painting around the right eye and under the eyebrow.
it is more yellow and beige than brown and orange as it should be, the other eye is fine, so that's a bit glaring when you compare the two.
Are those supposed to be like that ?
I'd like a confirmation about it (I'll try to provide a picture), because I'm hesitating wether or not to return it and ask for another one.

Thanks

You sure it is a legitimate figure?  Rebor's Acro was/is a heavily bootlegged figure.  I'm not aware of anywhere where you can purchase a legitimate figure right now.

Hi, thanks for answering me !

Yes I think it's the legit figure, bought it to modellpferdeversand in Germany, the only place it is still in stock.
The paint application flaw does not surprise me, it's a common issue with Rebor products.

You won't believe me, but I alwready bought the Velociraptor Rebor Alex, Pete, Gun and Rose  all of them 2 times (return the others), they all had defects.
This is my 3rd Sweeney, that one has a broken tooth >< and yet it's the best I ever had...
All the other had paint flaws, bent arms, mouth that does not close...
I think I'll still try to return that Sweeney, I'm still on my mission to find the perfect Sweeney.

But now it's the Acrocanthosaurus'turn...

I don't think they are bootlegs, they would be even worse.

Syndicate Bias

Mine doesn't stand on the base either unless I position the feet to stand on one of the rocks on the ground, there is a sweet spot and it will never fall that way as long as it's left untouched. Can be tapped a bit and it'll be secure too. The only drawback is that having the carcass in its mouth won't be feasible, that's why I went and glued mine with epoxy resin. It's stuck to the base forever but it will never fall and it being glued by epoxy resin made it so that I didn't need to pour it on the base either so the Acro looks like it's standing without any support with no glue residue or spills in sight.

SidB

Given that a choice had to be made, that seems the least of all evils in this matter.

SenSx

So I tried to make some pictures.

Here is the left side with left eye of the figure, it is normal as it should be, brown and orange:

Now the other side, with blemish yellow and beige paint (you can also see that the surroundings are much clearer than they should be):

If you compare the two sides, this is quite noticeable, how are yours compare to mine ?
Same flaw ?

Thank you.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.