News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

I hope each of the cerberus clan not sold separately...

Kovu

So, Hercules came in the mail. Took him out to the bay by my house and snapped a few shots the other evening.
First impressions are that he's a lovely figure. The color on mine isn't fiery, but rather a nice muted burnt sienna shade. He photographs brighter than he really is though. Overall, I like him. There's no standing issues so far and the plastic is a lot harder than I was expecting.

Now I'm more inclined to pick up that Ceratosaurus...

Takama

Quote from: Victoria B on March 31, 2016, 07:41:28 PM
Quote from: Takama on March 31, 2016, 07:03:10 AM
I think they should of included the whole corpse with the Acro from the get go.

Same thing with the Fallen Queen, they should of included that base with the T.Rex from the get go.     It seems to me there a little Greedy like a certain other company that people love to hate.

If they had, the Acro would have cost quite a bit more. It's easier to coax people into buying multiple items at a lower price point than one at a very high one... especially when they need the other two to complete the diorama.

Ok i am willing to let that slide for the Acro, but why must they force people to buy a whole base for T.Rex, which is a model that cant even stand without support, and the support they do give it barly makes the model secure.     

empire3569

Quote from: Kovu on April 21, 2016, 02:00:58 AM
So, Hercules came in the mail. Took him out to the bay by my house and snapped a few shots the other evening.
First impressions are that he's a lovely figure. The color on mine isn't fiery, but rather a nice muted burnt sienna shade. He photographs brighter than he really is though. Overall, I like him. There's no standing issues so far and the plastic is a lot harder than I was expecting.

If you like Hercules you should definitely pick up the ceratosaurus. It's by far my favorite rebor (I only have King T rex, Hercules, and Ceratosaurus) but it's a very nice piece. And I personally really like the "mushroom" osteoderms along his back

Rain

Quote from: Takama on April 21, 2016, 02:22:35 AM

Same thing with the Fallen Queen, they should of included that base with the T.Rex from the get go.     It seems to me there a little Greedy like a certain other company that people love to hate.

If they had, the Acro would have cost quite a bit more. It's easier to coax people into buying multiple items at a lower price point than one at a very high one... especially when they need the other two to complete the diorama.

Ok i am willing to let that slide for the Acro, but why must they force people to buy a whole base for T.Rex, which is a model that cant even stand without support, and the support they do give it barly makes the model secure.     

They arent really forcing you to buy it. You could easily prop another inexpensive figure under it's foot or a larger rock. But I agree it's insanely annoying that they did that

Quote from: empire3569 on April 21, 2016, 02:34:18 AM
Quote from: Kovu on April 21, 2016, 02:00:58 AM

If you like Hercules you should definitely pick up the ceratosaurus. It's by far my favorite rebor (I only have King T rex, Hercules, and Ceratosaurus) but it's a very nice piece. And I personally really like the "mushroom" osteoderms along his back

I still can't un-see that ever since TyrantQueen mentioned it

Kovu

My thing is, I like some of Rebor's products, but not enough to drop that kind of cash on them. Acrocanthosaurus has nostalgic/sentimental value, so I justified it that way lol. The Ceratosaurus is very nice though... idk, I'd be interested to see their herbivores.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Kovu on April 21, 2016, 03:07:31 AM

My thing is, I like some of Rebor's products, but not enough to drop that kind of cash on them. Acrocanthosaurus has nostalgic/sentimental value, so I justified it that way lol. The Ceratosaurus is very nice though... idk, I'd be interested to see their herbivores.
I'm sort of the same way.  It has to be a favorite dinosaur of mine to drop the kind of cash Rebor asks.  Acrocanthosaurus just happens to be my favorite.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

empire3569

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 21, 2016, 04:18:03 AM
Quote from: Kovu on April 21, 2016, 03:07:31 AM

I'm sort of the same way.  It has to be a favorite dinosaur of mine to drop the kind of cash Rebor asks.  Acrocanthosaurus just happens to be my favorite.

I'm the same as you guys; their prices are just too much for me to be a completionist, so I only get the pieces I really like. Acrocanthosaurus and Ceratosaurus happen to be two of my favorite therapods, and I'm a sucker for a nice JP style rex, so those are the only three models I have

Sim

Quote from: Rain on April 21, 2016, 02:41:40 AM
Quote from: Takama on April 21, 2016, 02:22:35 AM

They arent really forcing you to buy it. You could easily prop another inexpensive figure under it's foot or a larger rock. But I agree it's insanely annoying that they did that

I imagine Rebor thought the little rock base the Tyrannosaurus comes with would be enough to keep it standing.  I had got the impression the dead Triceratops base hadn't been planned yet when the Tyrannosaurus was released, but I could be wrong.  In any case if the Tyrannosaurus had come with the dead Triceratops it would have cost a lot more, wouldn't it?  I think it's a very similar situation to what Victoria B described with the Acrocanthosaurus not being sold with all of the dead Tenontosaurus.  People also have a choice of getting the Tyrannosaurus for a lower price if they don't want the dead Triceratops, or the dead Triceratops for a lower price if they don't want the Tyrannosaurus.

Viking Spawn

I'm hoping someday Rebor releases a second Tyrannosaur with a different pose that doesn't need support of a base.  As for their other models, Ceratosaurus is a must!   It's hard for me to choose a favorite between Rex, Acro, and Ceratosaurus.    Aw, who am I kidding?  We know who I'm biased over....

PaleoMatt

The only Rebor I ever plan on getting is the acrocanthosaurus the rest aren't for me since Rebor kinda lied about their accuracy on the rex and yutyrannus and the cerato is nice but i wish it could stand on its own plus its to big for my collection which i like to scale. I'm hoping the Cerberus clan are amazing though.

empire3569

Quote from: PaleoMatt on April 21, 2016, 09:38:44 PM
The only Rebor I ever plan on getting is the acrocanthosaurus the rest aren't for me since Rebor kinda lied about their accuracy on the rex and yutyrannus and the cerato is nice but i wish it could stand on its own plus its to big for my collection which i like to scale. I'm hoping the Cerberus clan are amazing though.

The newer Ceratosaurus with the plastic tray stands perfectly on its own (although yes it is a little on the large side)

Takama

Quote from: Viking Spawn on April 21, 2016, 08:43:19 PM
I'm hoping someday Rebor releases a second Tyrannosaur with a different pose that doesn't need support of a base.  As for their other models, Ceratosaurus is a must!   It's hard for me to choose a favorite between Rex, Acro, and Ceratosaurus.    Aw, who am I kidding?  We know who I'm biased over....

As do I

Though i contomplated getting some of them, there species selection has not inspired me yet.   The Compy is a Start, but i must see more then that. I want more Herbivores(that are not dead) and Smaller animals like the Compy.

If i were to collect these, the T.Rex would be the only one i wont buy in the 1:35 line. 

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 30, 2016, 02:51:14 AM
Is the Tenontosaurus head and arms segment that came with the Acro supposed to connect with the body of the Tenontosaurus? ...or is this a completely separate Tenontosaurus corpse?

Its the same corpse but i think it cant be connected as one piece...

dragon53

My Acrocanthosaurus no longer stands up and falls to the right. Has anyone tried heating its toes with a hair dryer to bend them back into place?

The hair dryer works with my Papo Spinosaurus and Running Tyrannosaurus.

Lanthanotus

Can't speak for the Acro, but I successfully used the hot water method on several figures including Rebor's "Punch". Personally I prefer the hot water method (using a bowl of sclading hot water, not running water) as the warming is more precisely located but also more even and constant than an air stream.

dragon53

LANTHANOTUS:

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure the Acrocanthosaurus material is pliable when heated.

SenSx

Hello,

I just received my Rebor Acrocanthosaurus, and sadly it just does not stand at all.
This issue can be fix, I will make my own stand for him, or glue it to the dedicated stand with a metalic rod.
But he is heavily leaning on a side, which is not pretty at all (I will fix this thanks to the stand)

More important, mine has blemish painting around the right eye and under the eyebrow.
it is more yellow and beige than brown and orange as it should be, the other eye is fine, so that's a bit glaring when you compare the two.
Are those supposed to be like that ?
I'd like a confirmation about it (I'll try to provide a picture), because I'm hesitating wether or not to return it and ask for another one.

Thanks

Martwad

Quote from: SenSx on August 18, 2020, 03:27:32 PM
Hello,

I just received my Rebor Acrocanthosaurus, and sadly it just does not stand at all.
This issue can be fix, I will make my own stand for him, or glue it to the dedicated stand with a metalic rod.
But he is heavily leaning on a side, which is not pretty at all (I will fix this thanks to the stand)

More important, mine has blemish painting around the right eye and under the eyebrow.
it is more yellow and beige than brown and orange as it should be, the other eye is fine, so that's a bit glaring when you compare the two.
Are those supposed to be like that ?
I'd like a confirmation about it (I'll try to provide a picture), because I'm hesitating wether or not to return it and ask for another one.

Thanks

You sure it is a legitimate figure?  Rebor's Acro was/is a heavily bootlegged figure.  I'm not aware of anywhere where you can purchase a legitimate figure right now.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: