News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Acrocanthosaurus "Hercules"
This model is part of a three part composition:
Act One: The Hero (Hercules the Acrocanthosaurus)
Act Two: The Reward (2/3 Ceryneian Hind the Tenontosaurus)
Act Three: The Challenge (?)
Scale: 1/35
Tease Date: 02/06/15
Black and White Image Release Date: 03/31/15
Official Color Images Released on: 07/22/15
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: September, 2015

Comes with a Base: Yes
Accessories/Extras: Prey Tenontosaurus

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Acrocanthosaurus "Hercules". Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

03/31/15
QuoteLadies and Gentlemen, after 8 long days, the Acrocanthosaurus jigsaw puzzle game is finally finished, now we have the prototype sculpture of REBOR 1:35 Acrocanthosaurus museum class replica nickname "Hercules", science and art perfectly balanced and we consider this is the best REBOR 1:35 dinosaur replica by far!

Also size does matter! Hercules is just slightly smaller than the mighty King T-rex, therefore you will get another solid and heavy model from REBOR, which should be a 12-13 metre long alpha male Acrocanthosaurus in real life. Tell us what do you think of him?

Moreover, a collectible rock base comes along with Hercules, and the best part is, a removable realistic Tenontosaurus remains (head to chest with a front limb)will be included as accessories, think about the image of a lion bites a gazelle's neck and leave it hangs just like that...that's how it's going to be and gosh it will be GORE! And of course you can also put it inside other dinosaurs' mouths, or simply use it to build your diorama, consider Hercules is a deluxe figure set from REBOR!

We do what we love and we love what we do :)

05/22/15:
QuoteBy the way Hercules said hi! Right now he is kinda busy with the 12 labours, but hopefully he will meet you guys in August when he finally becomes a true hero :)
You thought Savage is excellent? Well Hercules tops him in SO many levels! And after that, we might start to expand our territory to the skies!

06/10/15:
QuoteWe admit that REBOR King T-rex and Velociraptor hatchlings are inspired by designs in Jurassic Park, just paying homage to the classic movies in our own way, our Yutyrannus, Utahraptor, Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Triceratops are all designed by ourselves with artist licenses, and we will keep designing dinosaurs with unique appearances, not to mention they all have their own nicknames and background stories, consider they are fictional characters, whenever people mention REBOR Utahraptor and Ceratosaurus, we hope they can call them "Wind Hunter" and "Savage", after all they do have their own names :)

Spoilers alert! Hercules the Acrocanthosaurus is also related to future products, we won't say what they are, but the nick name will be "Ceryneian Hind" and "Cerberus", and yes they are all dinosaurs, and their bases can be combined together to form a large diorama, same concept as REBOR T-rex vs Triceratops diorama

06/11/15:
QuoteBecause we have both fans who love movie monster style dinosaurs and fans who prefer scientific accurate animals, it's our responsibility to satisfy both groups, that's why we have accurate Ceratosaurs and Acrocanthosaurus (yes we know the feet are a bit oversized, we have no choice but to make him in this way otherwise it won't stand considering the size and weight of the figure and the remains of Tenontosaurus that goes in his mouth) and movie influenced raptor hatchlings, please understand :)

06/13/15:
QuoteWe have learnt our lesson and there will be a piece of plastic tray goes between Hercules's legs.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 13, 2015, 07:27:17 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on June 13, 2015, 06:59:34 PM
Illustration of Acrocanthosaurus and Tenontosaurus prey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrocanthosaurus#/media/File:Acrocanthosaurus_atokensis_by_durbed.jpg

comment: We've never seen this illustration before until now (swear), and the prototype of Hercules the Acrocanthosaurus and Tenontosaurus prey was finished back in February 2015, therefore it got to be pure coincidence: the Acrocanthosaurus look quite different from ours, but we cannot help thinking if 2/3 of Prey's body in the picture was removed leaving only the upper torso and the left front limb, and that's our Tenontosaurus! Of course there some differences, ours month was shut, limb looks stronger and, body size is larger and colour scheme is different, but if you want to know what Hercules' prey looks like and how it's carried, you are looking right at it :)

06/18/15:
QuoteFB User: When will this be avail to buy?
Rebor: August

FB User: Stable before packaged? Still great work. I want one!
Rebor: A plastic tray goes between his legs, no wrapping at all :)

06/19/15:
QuoteSorry about the delay, we are still working on these projects, collectors might able to see the coloured images of Hercules by the end of this month.

The purpose of packaging is to protect polystone bases, which are parts of the products, without the packaging they will just break during the transportation, plus diorama bases play a big part in REBOR collectibles, they all related to future products, King T-rex vs King Triceratops, Savage vs Ravage, Hercules vs The Cerberus clan, all planned out rom the very beginning. Also from the feedback now we can tell the price is not harming us at all, we have distributed LOTS of products globally and have already set up our prestige in the field.

06/26/15:
QuoteDry soil effect base of Hercules the Acrocanthosaurus

"This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star."

07/19/15:
QuoteNo more tease, no more! Take a good look at this MASTERPIECE of REBOR, now you can tell it's something that definitely wroth waiting for :)
official photos will be released next week!

07/24/15:
QuoteOne of our fans asked " I am confused though, I don't see pupils? Are they just small?"

The hunt took place at midnight, therefore we've chosen night vision effect for his eyes. REBOR creations are not any dinosaur, each beast has it's own identity and background story, they are characters :)
BTW Hercules is just the first part of a large diorama, the prey in his mouth is 1/3 of a Tenontosaurus, what took the rest of the body? You will find out later ;)

09/09/15:
QuoteFB User: How much longer for Hercules?
Rebor: On the way to the whole world, just check stores next week :)

Teaser Image (02/06/15):

Black and White Prototype Sculpture Image (03/31/15):

Prey Hold Test Image (06/18/15):

Image of Base in Black and White (06/26/15):

Image of Prey Tenontosaurus (07/09/15):

Color Image of Model's Tail [Not Confirmed by Rebor, but posted on their FB page.] (07/13/15):

Color Image Preview (07/19/15):

Official Color Images (07/22/15):

Features Image (07/24/15):
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Thank you so much joossa cant wait for this figure !!

Fluffysaurus

I cant wait to see the full colour picture of the Acro.
Amazing extra!
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Roselaar

Dobber

Thanks for doing this joossa. I'm sure it took a bit of time to compile all the info and pictures.

Looking forward to seeing this Acro in full color.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

Every day waiting for that reveal has been torture!  Just going by the tiger-like coloration of the tail, this guy is really going to stand out on my shelf, even with another Acro up there.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately for me I'm on vacation in August and if it comes out in August ... I can not order it in that month.

How I wish that would reveal the complete figure painted Acrocanthosaurus and with all accessories!Pena have to wait to sell until the end of the year dimorphodon!

joossa

Glad to be of service. More additional threads on other Rebor items incoming over the next few days.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shadowknight1

BAM.  They say the full official photos will be up next week.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

Oh, now THAT looks really nice!  Can hardly wait to see the rest as well as place my preorder already!   :)

Dinomike

That is one amazing looking Acrocanthosaurus! And with the prey and the beautiful color scheme it will be a must-have!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

joossa

They know how to choose color schemes and paint apps that end up working very nicely. The full color images will be a riot. :)

One of my concerns right off the bat is the potential for the prey component to scratch/wear off the paint from the teeth from wear when placing it on and off the mouth. We'll see how that plays out.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shonisaurus

So we have the Acrocanthosaurus, looks great, of course I'll order it to an online store.

On the other hand if he had known about the Rebor ceratosaurus they have done so figure that remains standing ... I had not bought it.

I think it still will buy back the ceratosaurus Rebor next to Acrocanthosaurus and dimorphodon. Figures exceptional all!

Moreover not understand why toy companies and therefore do not reveal dinosaur before the figures and take away all the suspense. I do not understand why take so long to uncover and reveal these figures.Not that it was a state secret! That they are a bit weary with all my love.

Victoria's Cantina

The Acrocanthosaurus looks great. I love the coloring on it. I might have to consider this as my second (third counting the raptor I returned) REBOR product.

amargasaurus cazaui

Notice they stuck with the "museum class" designation....would have thought they learned a bit perhaps about that before...
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tanystropheus

Great to know that all future REBOR products will include trays for support and stability. I am on my way to becoming a REBOR completist. I am dedicating an entire shelf to REBOR products. It now feels weird not owning a particular dinosaur in their line. I am also very much looking forward to the Mosasaur LED fossil frame (and the non-skeletal core version) and the 1/6 scale Dimorphodon maquette as well as the JW-inspired Raptor Trio.

Hercules appears to be their premier product. The colors are exceptional. I wonder if REBOR is considering making a not-so-deceased Tenontosaurus in the future...

tanystropheus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 19, 2015, 08:25:13 PM
Notice they stuck with the "museum class" designation....would have thought they learned a bit perhaps about that before...

Yeah, but it is reasonably accurate (aside from conventional nitpicks) and it seems justified in this particular case. Even more so for the Dimorphodon...

Perhaps, REBOR should assign the designation, "Masterpiece Class" instead of "Museum Class". It has a nice ring to it  ;)
Probably, good from a marketing angle, as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: