You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Discover the Dinosaurs. Worth The Price?

Started by Takama, July 23, 2015, 05:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

http://www.discoverthedinosaurs.com/

There is this event called Discover the Dinosaurs taking place in a Town thats just South of were i live, and i might Go there this weekend. However the ticket prices are a little high, so it will just be me in there while my mom waits in the van/Shops around.     Obviously I dont expect the Anamtronics to be Accurate, but have any of you been to one of these events before?   and do they always have the 40+ Species on desplay?

Also, Should i bother getting a suvinere From them? Because they sell BOOTLEGS of Common Figures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been there, done that circus...twice. Actually it's more like a 2 bit traveling sideshow..almost entirely aimed at 5 year olds.

Takama

So not really worth the Trip for an Adult?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would say no. Barely worth it for kids.  We payed 25.00 each to get in and after the Asian animatronics that barely worked and were full of holes, not to mention the museum quality static dinos , here's the Allosaurus :

We ended up at the overpriced food, the junk giftshop that wanted three times what you find the same stuff online for and then all the other things, inflatables, mazes, ect..was an extra cost. Not that we were interested anyway.  It was a good lesson on marketing and what people will pay to do for their kids.

Takama

E GADS that Allo is awful.    Well part of me wants to go, because its not everyday we get Anything Dinosaur related around here, but another part of me wants to just save my cash to spend on something better.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That was me..exactly. There is almost never anything dino-related around here..you have drive for 2 hours or more to find one.   I guess consider if it's worth gettign that bug out of your system for a bit. The most fun we had was picking apart the inaccuracies...lol  The 2nd time I went was a smaller show called Dinosaurs Unearthed and we got in free..otherwise I would have skipped it.

Takama

I just mainly want to go So i can photograph the Animatronics for the amusmant of this Forum.    Did you check the Website before you went?  Were the ticket prices the same online?   Because if there going to charge me $25 at the door, im cancelling my trip

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 23, 2015, 05:34:40 AM
I just mainly want to go So i can photograph the Animatronics for the amusmant of this Forum.    Did you check the Website before you went?  Were the ticket prices the same online?   Because if there going to charge me $25 at the door, im cancelling my trip

The animatronics are nothing really special, I posted pics of my trip and I've seen others do the same here. They are pretty common imports from Asia..I think the Philippines? One lady who works for them on Facebook contacted me about buying..I was as polite as I could be in saying " no".

I checked online, it looks like most are 18-20.00 for an adult plus any tax I imagine.  Younger kids, there was one with us, was 25.00.

http://www.discoverthedinosaurs.com/buytickets.html

HD-man

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 23, 2015, 05:10:11 AMBeen there, done that circus...twice. Actually it's more like a 2 bit traveling sideshow..almost entirely aimed at 5 year olds.

This.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

tyrantqueen

That allosaurus though. Looks like something a child would make out of play-doh.

Gwangi

Ouch, it's almost worth going for a good laugh. If only it didn't cost...anything.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's what we did the 2nd time, my friend and I went with some free passes which I was glad for..but we had fun checking out the " competition" lol

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.