News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Theropods' Unique Tooth Design

Started by suspsy, July 29, 2015, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

http://m.phys.org/news/2015-07-unique-tooth-predatory-dinosaurs-efficiently.html

Neat. And is it me or does that art look just like CollectA's Feathered T. rex (minus the red crest)?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

That artwork is plagiarism,it's too much inspired by CollectA's new Feathered Tyrannosaurus rex

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on July 29, 2015, 12:01:13 PM
That artwork is plagiarism,it's too much inspired by CollectA's new Feathered Tyrannosaurus rex

I don't think that's how plagiarism works. If anything this would be a case of copyright, which it is not.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Patrx

That's definitely a rendition of the new CollectA rex - but it's not plagiarism. Different pose, different colors and textures - and there are a few feathers on the face, which is a welcome addition in my book. I would call this a case of an image "inspired" by a figure, which is perfectly acceptable, even advisable. There are certainly worse references out there.

tyrantqueen

No it's not. You cannot copyright a colour scheme. And the colours aren't even identical. It's a completely original piece of work.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 29, 2015, 05:51:03 PM
No it's not. You cannot copyright a colour scheme. And the colours aren't even identical. It's a completely original piece of work.
Meh,it's not completely original.At least the colors aren't.They are quite similar.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.