News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

First Timer

Started by NdNyM, August 04, 2015, 12:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NdNyM

Hi everyone!  I've been lurking the boards for a few weeks now, love the site.  Decided recently to try my hand at customizing a figure, when I found out that the WWD3D Troodon figure existed.  I'm pretty happy with the way he turned out.  I'd love some feedback/tips.  Some of the work I've seen posted here has just blown me away.

Halichoeres

Welcome to the boards! I think the Troodon is an improvement.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Hello welcome to the forum  :) wow that figure looks so much better after customed  :D

Patrx

Welcome! Nice work on that Troodon, I'd call it a significant improvement :)

NdNyM

Thanks everyone!  I have a second repaint in mind, I'll post pics once it's done.

dinostampede

Welcome to the forum! Very nice work with the Troodon.

Jetoar

Welcome to DTF new friend. Nice troodon  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dilopho

I imagine that this is an alpha Troodon to the other normal WWD3D Troodon figures.

Dinomike

Welcome to the forum! A very nice custom piece you have there!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Viking Spawn

Welcome aboard!  Nice job on the custom!!!

NdNyM

Quote from: Dilopho on September 07, 2015, 07:10:40 PM
I imagine that this is an alpha Troodon to the other normal WWD3D Troodon figures.

Haha, that works.  It really started with the eyes, it bugged me how small they were on the original figure.  And I think the large eyes are one of Troodon's most defining features.  At first I was using Anzu, from WoW as my inspiration.  Tho once you start painting the figure pretty much becomes itself as you watch.  Still really happy with him, at the moment he's hiding out in a potted plant eyeballing some Mega Bloks minifigs.
Still haven't gotten around to starting my next project.  I'm planning on repainting a Jurassic World t-rex.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.