News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Custom base sculpted and painted by me.

Dilophosaurus/Dennis Nedry by Mattel with some paint work added.

SidB

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on February 01, 2024, 05:02:22 AMYou haven't lost your touch, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon .

Thanks, I appreciate it. I just work so much slower anymore. This sat here for around 2 years before I found the time. lol

Jose S.M.

Your Stegouros sculpt looks beautiful and the custom base for the Nedry scene is great too!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jose S.M. on February 01, 2024, 01:31:15 PMYour Stegouros sculpt looks beautiful and the custom base for the Nedry scene is great too!

Thanks! It's rough which is what I was going for, an older female with a couple hatchlings in tow.  I do love making dioramas but I usually just don't have time or space for them, this one and the Muldoon raptor attack though took up about as much shelf space as the figures themselves. With this one I did also manage to keep the figures loose so I could repose them if needed.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow we made 201 pages! It's been awhile eh? lol Lets hope I can get 200 more.

We are currently running our Valentine's Day fundraiser here on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/donate/1070687727690549/10224115719137281/

If you can donate or share it's most welcome as I prep for Spring.  If you can't donate via facebook we do have Venmo,Cashapp and Paypal. Just mark it as for the fundraiser and I will add it to the totals.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Majungasaurus legs attached, I tried making the hips as narrow as I was seeing on the references, they seem really close together now. I might have the calves too chunky?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2024, 03:15:59 PMMajungasaurus legs attached, I tried making the hips as narrow as I was seeing on the references, they seem really close together now. I might have the calves too chunky?

Surely you're tempted to put those on like a pair of boots and stomp around the park in them!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 05, 2024, 05:49:38 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2024, 03:15:59 PMMajungasaurus legs attached, I tried making the hips as narrow as I was seeing on the references, they seem really close together now. I might have the calves too chunky?

Surely you're tempted to put those on like a pair of boots and stomp around the park in them!  :))

When I finished last night I was just happy to have reached this goal finally. lol  I screwed one leg on, then raised the body up on one leg..then realized I left the drill on the ground. The dog was no help, so I had use one leg and pull a board over to brace it for a second, then I went around attaching braces before finally getting the last leg on. My adrenaline was up a bit to say the least lol  Where the boards are in the chest is probably where the " tree" support will be. I've not yet determined wheter to attach it permanently to the frame or make it a separate piece.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Juv. Parasaur sculpted by G. Hernandez and built/painted by me.

triceratops83

Is that going in the park or staying indoors?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 13, 2024, 04:04:31 AMIs that going in the park or staying indoors?

Indoors for now. I really doubt it would last outside. The casting is very thin with a foam fill to make it more sturdy. Just sort of how did made pieces on the cheap but the sculpt is very nice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Last Dinosaur

Sculpted by Dopepope, painted by me.

triceratops83

Oh wow, you weren't kidding, that's cool.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 18, 2024, 07:32:18 AMOh wow, you weren't kidding, that's cool.

It's pretty cool, my mind keeps playing the theme song when I look at him lol

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2024, 04:03:34 PMIt's pretty cool, my mind keeps playing the theme song when I look at him lol

His time has passed, there are no more.
He is the last Din-o-saur"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 18, 2024, 11:09:08 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2024, 04:03:34 PMIt's pretty cool, my mind keeps playing the theme song when I look at him lol

His time has passed, there are no more.
He is the last Din-o-saur"

" Leave it be, it's the last one!"
"So am I."

triceratops83

My favourite part of the movie is when Thrust's gun jams - so he THROWS IT AWAY!!! And spends the rest of the movie having to come up with new weapons!

HD-man

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 19, 2024, 03:22:33 AM" Leave it be, it's the last one!"
"So am I."

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 19, 2024, 04:41:32 AMMy favourite part of the movie is when Thrust's gun jams - so he THROWS IT AWAY!!! And spends the rest of the movie having to come up with new weapons!

;)  :P
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: