News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

And..we're back.

Jaw attached.

Jaw tissue added. Looks pretty creepy here. Those eyes..black, like a doll's eyes..

4lbs of Apoxie Sculpt later we have some jaw tissue covered.

TooOldForDinosaurs

This looks amazing!  :o  Great job  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 14, 2023, 07:45:39 AMThis looks amazing!  :o  Great job  :)

Thanks! I've got about two weeks into this I think? Been working slower in summer with other projects/maintenance.

Here's the other side done :

Just a bit more epoxy work to seal seams then I can paint it up. I really hope the frame holds the weight!

DinoToyForum

Yeah, looking good! Where's it going to go in the park!?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on June 14, 2023, 05:15:13 PMYeah, looking good! Where's it going to go in the park!?

I think on a hill just past the Stegosaurus to get a bit more height out it when walking by. The plan is to install an fence around it and some camo net. Look like it's breaking through similar to the Spinosaurus.  During Dino Park in the Dark next year I might find a toilet and install infront of it for pics ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2023, 04:42:55 AM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on June 14, 2023, 05:15:13 PMYeah, looking good! Where's it going to go in the park!?

I think on a hill just past the Stegosaurus to get a bit more height out it when walking by. The plan is to install an fence around it and some camo net. Look like it's breaking through similar to the Spinosaurus.  During Dino Park in the Dark next year I might find a toilet and install infront of it for pics ;)

Ha! That would be terrific. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on June 15, 2023, 09:51:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2023, 04:42:55 AM

Ha! That would be terrific. ;D

Made me chuckle when I thought of it..so it has to be good. lol  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Found the rare Arctic Variant of the "Punisher Rex"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Started adding some paint yesterday..then it started raining.. so no progress for this week I guess.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 20, 2023, 09:42:38 AMIncredible!

Thanks!  I just knew this piece had potential.  I'm still rather surprised it was made as a Halloween prop originally, looks a lot different the way they finished it :

https://www.gepproductions.com/props.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

paint update

Blade-of-the-Moon

JW Giga bust display

Giga bust created and finished by Rob Miranda , Display built by me, 2x6, planking, 2x2, copper pipe, all painted and foliage added.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Started this animatronic retro pteranodon/pterodactyl ? recently.  It was supposed to be done for Dino Park in the Dark but I was a month behind.

video : https://www.facebook.com/1129456954/videos/a.10223021353218817/813650906654986

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pretty much finished, moved Rexy into place and built the facade fence around her. She's been anchored into place as well. Might paint the fence, also add some more details but essentially done.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Long time no update.  Been busy with the haunt startup and just life in general. Getting work in on this one where I can.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 02, 2023, 03:53:43 PMLong time no update.  Been busy with the haunt startup and just life in general. Getting work in on this one where I can.

I love it!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finally after a year plus of waiting we have our Tyrannosaurus skull :

DinoToyForum

Very nice! Where are you going to put it? Near the Dig It! it area and full-size T. rex model?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: