News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Should Papo make a Therizinosaurus?

Started by XCLASSGAMING, August 28, 2015, 09:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Papo make a Therizinosarus?

Yes
16 (72.7%)
Maybe
5 (22.7%)
No
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 27, 2015, 09:08:30 AM

XCLASSGAMING

I would choose yes as i love the Therizinosaurus they are so unique looking maybe next year :D

tyrantqueen

It's not a question of should, but "will" or "won't they". I think they probably will.

SpittersForEver

I'd welcome it with Papo's level of detail but it would have to be accurate and have some nice plumage.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

stargatedalek

Personally I think Therizinosaurus is already very well represented in toy form. If they did make a Therizinosaurus I'd prefer they hold of a few years.

Halichoeres

Schleich beat them to it. The movie monster Therizinosaurus niche has been filled.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Therizinosaurus or Deinocheirus would be great---provided they had plumage.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Raptoress

I'm not that interested, to be honest. If they make it, great. If they don't, it's not a problem for me. Whatever Papo makes, I'll buy it, though. I'd really like to see them make a Kosmoceratops. :)

joossa

Quote from: Raptoress on August 28, 2015, 07:53:19 PM
I'm not that interested, to be honest. If they make it, great. If they don't, it's not a problem for me. Whatever Papo makes, I'll buy it, though. I'd really like to see them make a Kosmoceratops. :)

Yeah, I feel similarly. I have other dinos in mind that I prefer to have them make first...
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Lusotitan

I don't really think it's overly necessary, seeing as they only make two or three new figures every year, I don't think a featherless therizinosaur, or potentially inaccurately feathered one, if we're lucky, is worth taking up one of those spots.

Dinoguy2

Nobody should make a Therizinosaurus unless they want it to be obsolete in a few years. Restoring the look of gigantic advanced members of a unique family by just scaling up one of the little primitive ones hasn't worked well in the past (see also Deinocheirus, Spinosaurus...).

Imagine if all we had of tyrannosaurids were some leg bones? Every company would be making giant versions of Dilong! :D

Actually maybe that means they should make one, since it will force people to eventually buy two versions ;)
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

tyrantqueen

QuoteNobody should make a Therizinosaurus unless they want it to be obsolete in a few years.
Then why bother making toys of any dinosaur? Besides, I like having outdated models, to a certain extent. It makes a nice display.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 29, 2015, 12:37:34 PM
QuoteNobody should make a Therizinosaurus unless they want it to be obsolete in a few years.
Then why bother making toys of any dinosaur?
Because many are known from more than a couple of claws and leg bones...? ;) We have enough of some dinosaurs to reasonably figure out what they looked like. With Therizinosaurus, we have no clue. It's still in the Deinocheirus circa 2005 zone.

QuoteBesides, I like having outdated models, to a certain extent. It makes a nice display.

That's true, but there are already plenty of therizinosaur toys based on related species that basically just ARE related species. I'd rather have something like an Alxasaurus or a Nothronychus, which are much more complete and what most Therizinosaurus figures are based on anyway and that are under-represented as figures.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 29, 2015, 12:37:34 PM
Then why bother making toys of any dinosaur? Besides, I like having outdated models, to a certain extent. It makes a nice display.
I always say to myself "The new Spinosaur is just a new species as i think it is. I think it is a new species! If it ain't i will still make the excuse for my JW stop motion papo movie. And this is if papo makes the new Spino which i don't think they will for a while.

tanystropheus

If the basic anatomy and musculature is reasonably accurate, I think Papo is capable of making the definitive Therizinosaurus model/toy (assuming that there is ample plumage...along the lines of Archaeo)

LophoLeeVT

i will buy one IF theyed make it feathered
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Viking Spawn

Shonisaurus

If the therizinosaurus is how I wish dimetrodon being made.

But if the therizinosaurus is made to mosasaurus style or plesiosaurus then I would not.

CityRaptor

Papo's sculptor mentioned that he did not do the marine reptiles.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

I already said this in another thread:
I'd like Papo to make the WWD scally version of the Theri.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: