News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

I brought mine in a lot, with the Stegosaurus and Carnegie Protoceratops, ( and some bycatch )  a few years ago for 1 Euro.

And now this:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/SUPER-RARE-Vintage-Invicta-British-Museum-Lambeosaurus-Dinosaur-marx-mpc/202630034298?hash=item2f2db0f37a:g:UZAAAOSwBsxckUl6
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SidB

@ Libraraptor - you had (have) an eye for quality.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 20, 2019, 09:06:14 PM
S @SidB That is one of my faults that I must correct. I am very impulsive when it comes to buying a product from the prehistoric world and that is very bad for me. All the reason there is a saying that says "not by early rises early" and it is true.
Sometimes (and more than "sometimes") it IS fun to cut the rope and be impulsive.

Moodyraptor

I managed to pick up a goldleaf Iguadodon recently, in nice condition.  The seller told me she thinks it was a collector's club edition from around 1980, it had belonged to her late sister-in-law.  I know these are rare, just wondering how rare they are?  Do they ever pop up on ebay?

SpartanSquat

Where are the pics of the cancelled figures?

SidB

Quote from: Moodyraptor on September 28, 2019, 06:29:30 PM
I managed to pick up a goldleaf Iguadodon recently, in nice condition.  The seller told me she thinks it was a collector's club edition from around 1980, it had belonged to her late sister-in-law.  I know these are rare, just wondering how rare they are?  Do they ever pop up on ebay?

Saw a virtually complete set here in a Toronto thrift shop about a decade ago. Didn't know their value at the time - aargh. I used to see Invictas fairly frequently in these shops up to a couple of years ago, just regular ones mind you, but I can't recollect even seeing one since then.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Avimimus

I've just recently found my Invicta stegosaurs and I had no idea Invicta figures were sought after.
We are birds

EmmaLVV

How rare are the unpainted white Invicta dinos?

Libraraptor

Quote from: EmmaLVV on July 05, 2020, 08:38:39 PM
How rare are the unpainted white Invicta dinos?

The unpainted Invictas were not from the same material as the painted ones. They feel more rubbery and are somewhat transparent and yellowish underneath the painted surface.  I learned that a few year ago when a strange Invicta Plesiosaur showed up here.
As to white Invictas from the same material as the other unpainted ones, well, there are quite a few colour variants as I have come to know.
The white ones seem to belong to the rarer ones.

CityRaptor

Yep, the painted ones are softer. When I had both, the painted and unpainted Mamenchisaurus, this caused the painted one to appear smaller due to the neck hanging down because of that.
Oh no

Dinoguy2

The white ones specifically seem to be way more rare than the standard unpainted or painted versions. These are from the "paint it yourself" line which I think was pretty short lived. The only rarer figures I would think are the gold versions.

Also I believe the white ones are from yet another material, not as smooth/glossy as the regular unpainted ones.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

UK

Some advertising material for the painted line.

Roselaar

Oh wow, that's a lovely find! These painted models are so gorgeous but also so underappreciated. Love to see them having gotten a little exposure back in the days.

CityRaptor

OOoooh, that looks nice.  Also knew that the whale was undersized, but did not expect it to be that comically undersized.
Oh no

SidB

Ah, the painted blue Mamenschisaurus, my first acquisition as a collector, for 2.99 dollars Cdn., at Value Village. Brings back memories.

Duna

Hello to all the Invicta fans and collectors,

Unlike most of you I've never had any figure of these in my hand, neither collected any in my chilhood, they were very rare in my country. We had some lovely hard plastic exclusive collections which I'm now trying to collect all, from the 80s and 90s. But as I love hard plastic monochrome figures (all of them) I've started to follow up Invicta recently.
I saw in a second hand local web that someone was selling three figures (the ones I liked most: iguanodon, megalosaurus and triceratops) not too cheap, by the way ... but he just lived in the town next to mine. We met in person to trade the figures and ended talking for a long time! He told me he was an Invicta collector that had almost all the figures and these three were his spare ones. He had bought some of them even in person in Japan!
So these are my three first figures, and I say "first" because there are more in the way! Looking for hours in local collectors pages (imposible to find the figures cheap in garage lots or carboot sales because common people didn't collect them) I've finally found 6 more in my own country in collectors' hands (so they are not as cheap as I would want because they know what they are selling) but some of them are difficult to found even in Ebay. I have found here: scelidosaurus, pteranodon, apatosaurus, brachiosaurus, plesiosaurus and liopleurodon. I found also 4 painted but I like monochrome. I purchased a few more from a forum member. Two more in Ebay, but shipping costs make them quite expensive. Of course the lambeosaurus is out of reach, but if you see one some day or want to sell one, please take me into account.  :'(

For you all I want to share something quite curious ... these are some figures from a Spanish brand from the 80s (very rare in those years when everything was made in China or Hong Kong) called JHL. They also made bootlegs of chinasaurs, just the other way round. The stamp on the figures says "JHL Made in Spain". The brand was more known for making Godzillas and other twoheaded monsters. I don't know them very well but there were some dinosaurs too, some retro sauropods and two dinosaurs than you may know quite well ...

There are two colors of the iguanodon. They appear sometimes in collectors webs at about 10€.

Lanthanotus

Yeah, know the thrill, they are lovely and once you got one, you need to hunt them all. I myself just completed the monochrome line (without the Blue Whale) this year, cause the Lambeosaurus escaped me several times. Which else are you lacking? I have some spares
not sure if they are all in my trade thread though.... click

Duna

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 07, 2021, 05:26:50 PM

Yeah, know the thrill, they are lovely and once you got one, you need to hunt them all. I myself just completed the monochrome line (without the Blue Whale) this year, cause the Lambeosaurus escaped me several times. Which else are you lacking? I have some spares
not sure if they are all in my trade thread though.... [url?http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4494.0]click[/url]
Thank you! Those are on the Post way (hope they arrive ok), but if not, I'll start a Wanted post.

stoneage

I have all the Invicta figures colored and monochrome.  I also have the Larami figures which are mostly copies of the Invicta figures.  Their certainly not the same quality but would be a cheaper alternative.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: