News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Here's a thread dedicated to the official toy line of the 'British Museum (Natural History)' before the museum was rebranded as 'The Natural History Museum'. I gathered all my monochrome Invicta figures today. I think this is the whole collection of monochrome figures, have I missed any?:

I don't have the complete set of softer plastic multicoloured versions, but if anyone has a complete set, photos would be most welcome!

stoneage

Here are mine

stoneage

DinoFan45

You guys make me so jealous.  ^-^ I haven't been able to find any except eBay, and they are currently kinda outrageous prices. I'll just keep looking
"Life will find a way."

CityRaptor

You must look for them in lots. I only have 3 so far: Mamenchisaurus, Triceratops and Plesiosaurus. Only paid 4,90 € for them, with 3,90 € of that being shipping costs.

I blame it on you guys that I started collecting them!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Horridus

I have most, but not all of the monochrome figures. The most galling thing is that I had a Troodon as a child. Noooo....

It's not even a particularly good model of a Troodon. But it's so RARE!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

indy1936

Don't forget the green Stegosaurus! I have one but no photo yet !

stoneage

Quote from: indy1936 on May 07, 2012, 07:07:04 PM

Here's mine

Blade-of-the-Moon

Takama

I only have the Mamoth, Glyptodon, Brachiosaurus, scelidosaurus and stegosaurs.

they were given to me as gifts from my elementry teacher in the 3rd grade. and at the time, i never knew how special they were. Too bad She had written the first letter of her name on each of there feet, and my glyptodon has been bitten by Rex (my dog) as a puppy.

Im not sure if i want to expand it, or give them new homes to someone on here.

Roselaar

Quote from: Horridus on May 07, 2012, 07:03:31 PM
Troodon. But it's so RARE!

Oh come on, it´s not THAT rare. It´s still gettable. I got two for very low prices not so long ago. Just keep checking random dinosaur lots on the british Ebay, it really works if you give it some time.

I have all the monochromes, but only two painted specimens, thanks to the Queen´s Day flea markets in Amsterdam the last few years. Hope to find the others too some day, they´re really sweet!

indy1936

Quote from: stoneage on May 07, 2012, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: indy1936 on May 07, 2012, 07:07:04 PM

Here's mine

I meant the monochrome molded green Stego  :)

Horridus

Quote from: Roselaar on May 07, 2012, 07:34:32 PM
Quote from: Horridus on May 07, 2012, 07:03:31 PM
Troodon. But it's so RARE!
Oh come on, it´s not THAT rare. It´s still gettable. I got two for very low prices not so long ago. Just keep checking random dinosaur lots on the british Ebay, it really works if you give it some time.
Whenever I see them, the price inevitably goes north of £20 almost immediately and gets quite silly from there. If I REALLY wanted one then I'd pay that sort of money, but...I only want it for completist reasons.

I came close to winning one a while back, but was beaten by an eBay sniper.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

I have thirteen, 3 of which are painted and only 1 of both a painted and unpainted version (the Glyptodon). Collecting them all is my eventual goal but I'm more interested in getting the unpainted versions over the painted ones.

brach81

Good thread, good memories

I have the Megalosaurus, Scelidosaurus, Stegosaurus, T-rex, Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus and Glyptodon (all unpainted)

The painted ones look class

Meso-Cenozoic

Stoneage, will you put me in your will for your painted set?  :P  ;)

Dyscrasia

I have all the monochrome Invictas except for Lambeosaurus and Dimetrodon, and the variations....

(btw, anyone who has an extra Lambeosaurus or Dimetrodon they would like to sell, please let me know~ :) )

Jetoar

I have unpainted Stegosaurus, Megalosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Iguanodon, Scelidosaurus, Plesiosarus, Pliosaurus (Liopleurodon), Lambeosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus, Diplodocus, Brontosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Cetiosaurus, Baryonyx, Pteranodon, Woolly Mammoth and Glyptodon.  I look for at home other models because i have models in my showcase and other keep at home :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

CityRaptor

Just a quick question: How much would an Invicta Stenonychosaurus be worth?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 30, 2012, 06:39:52 PM
Just a quick question: How much would an Invicta Stenonychosaurus be worth?

Check ebay's ended listing and see if you can find a ball park price...also remember that these pieces are VERY condition oriented as they are easily nicked, scraped, ect.  Really in the end something is only worth what someone else will pay for it though. You might want to list it in the Classified section and just put " make offer " .  I'm looking for one myself but I wouldn't go higher then 30.00 . I saw a painted one go for 35.00 recently..but didn't like  the paint really.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: