News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Yes, Invicta Liopleurodon is the best from my point of view.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Seijun

My two favorite invictas are the liopleurodon and the lambeosaurus. They look more like art than toys.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

suspsy

I owned the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, Iguanodon, Megalosaurus, Scelidosaurus, Elasmosaurus, and Pteranodon. At the present time, the T. rex is the only one I can find.

I never did understand why they included a whale in this line.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Quote from: suspsy on November 22, 2012, 03:57:36 PM
I owned the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops, Iguanodon, Megalosaurus, Scelidosaurus, Elasmosaurus, and Pteranodon. At the present time, the T. rex is the only one I can find.

It was because, at the time, it was thought the blue whale would soon join the dinosaurs as extinct. Doesn't make much sense to me either, but there you go.

Horridus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 22, 2012, 07:21:35 PM
It was because, at the time, it was thought the blue whale would soon join the dinosaurs as extinct. Doesn't make much sense to me either, but there you go.
Really? Where did you hear that? I always assumed it was because of the life-size blue whale model in the NHM.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Horridus on November 22, 2012, 07:33:11 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 22, 2012, 07:21:35 PM
Really? Where did you hear that? I always assumed it was because of the life-size blue whale model in the NHM.
I can't really remember to be exact, but I read it here http://maxmagnusnorman.com/dinosaurs/blue-whale.shtml as well as some other places....

Horridus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 22, 2012, 07:39:34 PM
I can't really remember to be exact, but I read it here http://maxmagnusnorman.com/dinosaurs/blue-whale.shtml as well as some other places....
Hmmm...well, that's definitely just speculation on Max Magnus' part (what a name), but then I'm just speculating too.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

UK

An interesting variation on a rare figure...

Himmapaan

tyrantqueen

Weird, why is it that milky white colour? Do you have any ideas on its background? Reminds me of the banana Mamenchisaurus...

I kinda like it more than the default beetroot Lambeo....

Seijun

OMG, you own the famous yellow lambeosaurus!??
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Seijun on November 29, 2012, 07:31:33 PM
OMG, you own the famous yellow lambeosaurus!??
Evidently, that seems to be the case ;)

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on October 13, 2012, 02:00:35 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 11, 2012, 07:46:37 AM
Quote from: stoneage on October 10, 2012, 11:30:29 PM

What a gorgeous piece. Is that your own Stoneage? I am completely jealous. I wonder if anyone has tried that with the Battats for instance.

No, I have all the figures but not the mountain.  I don't know of anyone who ever had the mountain, but it does proceed the Carnegie Mountain.  I just think it is something for wish list.

I have a newer style mountain if anyone is actually looking for one. They arrive pretty rough (needs painting) but work well for displays if you have the room (I currently do not, and intend to move fairly soon in the future).

Jetoar

Yellow Lambeosaurus! I dont know this figure. He is very cool  8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stoneage

Quote from: SBell on November 29, 2012, 07:51:08 PM
Quote from: stoneage on October 13, 2012, 02:00:35 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 11, 2012, 07:46:37 AM
Quote from: stoneage on October 10, 2012, 11:30:29 PM

What a gorgeous piece. Is that your own Stoneage? I am completely jealous. I wonder if anyone has tried that with the Battats for instance.

No, I have all the figures but not the mountain.  I don't know of anyone who ever had the mountain, but it does proceed the Carnegie Mountain.  I just think it is something for wish list.

I have a newer style mountain if anyone is actually looking for one. They arrive pretty rough (needs painting) but work well for displays if you have the room (I currently do not, and intend to move fairly soon in the future).

Do you have a picture?

SBell

I don't have one handy--it looks like but it's blank

UK

A couple more invicta variations.

The cream lambeosaurus weighed 90 grams compared to 62 for the maroon.

The slate gray megalosaurus weighs 92 compared to 58 for the green.

And a black brachiosaurus

Seijun

I love the black brachi. I know someone else who has one, as well as a black steg.

UK

Pam, that isthe Brachiosaurus belonging to Jim, not me. But it is so cool I thought I would share it.

tyrantqueen

Where do you people get these models from? Some sort of secret Illuminati type organisation?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: