News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dokiraptor

Great catch Bokisaurus, the paint makes it more alive.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: stoneage on January 28, 2013, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 27, 2013, 06:28:13 AM
Got this little guy ;D

How many of the painted figures do you have?

Hmmm ::) Maybe half ? I still have a long ways to complete the painted version ;)

Libraraptor

That Scelidosaurus makes me want all the painted ones again. But they are rare and expensive. Sigh.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 28, 2013, 09:09:32 PM
That Scelidosaurus makes me want all the painted ones again. But they are rare and expensive. Sigh.

That is for sure, that's why I sort of stopped chasing them. I just wait...  ;D

docronnie

Very beautiful scelidosaurus... Congrats Boki!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

bigbear

Great to know that I'm not the only Invicta fan out here! I have all of the unpainted versions and around four or five of the painted ones. I still need a base for the Troodon, though, as mine is gnawed and tatty! Anybody got one to sell, by any chance, please? Pretty please? My Troodon is near mint, except for the base... Grrrr!

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 17, 2013, 03:43:50 PM
As it isn't prehistoric, the Invicta blue whale will never feature on the dinotoyblog, but here's a walk-around posted on the Animal Toy Forum: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,276.0.html

As we all know this figure is one of two from the set that isn't in the 1/45 scale like the others are. The description on this figure says the length was 30 metres, so if the figure was in 1/45 scale how big would it be? Im thinking somewhere around 26 inches, am i right?

Horridus

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 04, 2013, 04:15:30 PM
As we all know this figure is one of two from the set that isn't in the 1/45 scale like the others are. The description on this figure says the length was 30 metres, so if the figure was in 1/45 scale how big would it be? Im thinking somewhere around 26 inches, am i right?
Yeah, about 2 feet/60cm. Not too much longer than the Diplodocus, but considerably more massive!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Libraraptor

These look very Invicta - like. Drawing  blueprints for pencil drawings. Who has more information? Thank you!

Invicta Hunter

I've seen these before, the same seller was selling others like this a couple of months ago. I was going to go for them but they didn't take Paypal so i left off them.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 06, 2013, 01:53:05 PM
I've seen these before, the same seller was selling others like this a couple of months ago. I was going to go for them but they didn't take Paypal so i left off them.

Okay, so they ARE by Invicta, aren´t they? I was lucky to buy them!

Invicta Hunter

I think you were lucky to get them but i don't know if their from Invicta, my guess is if they don't have Invicta markings then their not made by Invicta but they are still really cool.

Takama

Ok, A member on another forum has posted some pics of a Safari Catalog from 1990.

Whats surprising is that if you turn to page 8

you find those.   Anyone know more about the conection between Invicta and Safari?

BTW just to show that they are from the same booklet, here is the index page

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/SUSANNE58/Safari/Safari%20catalogue1990/p2_zps9378b6f3.jpg

CityRaptor

Chances are that Safari was the US Distributor of the line at some point, just as Schleich distributed the Carnegie Collection and Authentics in Germany back then.
I also spy some Chinasaurs in that catalogue.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 07, 2013, 09:47:23 AM
Chances are that Safari was the US Distributor of the line at some point, just as Schleich distributed the Carnegie Collection and Authentics in Germany back then.
I also spy some Chinasaurs in that catalogue.
Where?

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Thanks for sharing this catalogue! It´s very interesting.

Invicta Hunter

Today i got another Dimetrodon and it turned out to be a bit of a colour variant. The one on the left side is the normal colour, i thought i would put him in the same photo as a comparison.
Enjoy   :)

[

tyrantqueen

Not really a big Invicta fan, but very lucky catch 8)

Invicta Hunter

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: