News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

British Museum (Natural History) by Invicta

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 12:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 01, 2012, 01:39:29 AM
Where do you people get these models from? Some sort of secret Illuminati type organisation?

;D  From the Gross and Horrid Dinosaur Society!

Jetoar

Quote from: UK on November 30, 2012, 10:16:24 PM
A couple more invicta variations.

The cream lambeosaurus weighed 90 grams compared to 62 for the maroon.

The slate gray megalosaurus weighs 92 compared to 58 for the green.

And a black brachiosaurus

Other colors of Invicta dinosaurs  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

spartasaurus

Is there a list of all the variations available?

Invicta Hunter

Here's my four colour variants, the black Brachio is the same one that was posted on the forum before, enjoy  :)

[]

Splonkadumpocus

The only Invicta I have is the monochrome Lambeosaurus. They were a little before my time, as I didn't get my first toy dinosaur until 1993.

Takama

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on January 06, 2013, 11:07:49 PM
Here's my four colour variants, the black Brachio is the same one that was posted on the forum before, enjoy  :)

[]

That lime green is a little shocking.   

Libraraptor

Did you say ENJOY?!?!?! My heart bleeds, pal!!! I want them ALL!!!!!

Invicta Hunter

Don't worry mate im sure you'll find some of your own one day. They are rare to find but they do come up on ebay a couple of times a year so just keep an eye out for any.

Libraraptor

Hunting, watching, waiting... :(
May I kindly ask where exactly you live and when you´re not at home?  :)) ;D ;)

Invicta Hunter

docronnie

I'm lucky to get a badly beaten Cetiosaurus (P70, roughly $1.75) and an excellent Scelidosaurus (P5, about $0.125) here in my country.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: docronnie on January 12, 2013, 05:34:15 PM
I'm lucky to get a badly beaten Cetiosaurus (P70, roughly $1.75) and an excellent Scelidosaurus (P5, about $0.125) here in my country.  :)
[/quote

Are Invictas hard to find in your country?

docronnie

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on January 13, 2013, 07:05:48 AM
Quote from: docronnie on January 12, 2013, 05:34:15 PM

Are Invictas hard to find in your country?

We only have Schleichs and Mojos (but no new stocks at the moment) here at specialty stores.  Plenty of Chinasaurs at mall stores.  Invictas close to none.  :(
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoToyForum

As it isn't prehistoric, the Invicta blue whale will never feature on the dinotoyblog, but here's a walk-around posted on the Animal Toy Forum: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,276.0.html

Crackington

Its actually a very nice model and although it seems strange to be included in a set of prehistoric models, it does makes sense when you realise its place in the history of the London Natural History Museum.

The full size model of the whale was a massive draw when first exhibited at the museum in the 1930s.  There were still echoes of this in the 70s when I first went to the museum and I remember my grandmother telling me how the whale was just as exciting as  the dinosaurs. My 7 year old self wasn't having any of this, being already a fully converted dino fan, but I do remember people flocking to the blue whale and the excitement around it.

So, although a bit odd, I'm glad that Invicta made a model of it. 

Libraraptor

Great classic! And the reason why I am here, as some may remember!

Horridus

Quote from: Crackington on January 17, 2013, 07:44:28 PM
Its actually a very nice model and although it seems strange to be included in a set of prehistoric models, it does makes sense when you realise its place in the history of the London Natural History Museum.

The full size model of the whale was a massive draw when first exhibited at the museum in the 1930s.  There were still echoes of this in the 70s when I first went to the museum and I remember my grandmother telling me how the whale was just as exciting as  the dinosaurs. My 7 year old self wasn't having any of this, being already a fully converted dino fan, but I do remember people flocking to the blue whale and the excitement around it.

So, although a bit odd, I'm glad that Invicta made a model of it.

This has always been my pet hypothesis as to why the whale was included. Seems to make the most sense, especially as it's completely out of scale with the rest (while it would've been unrealistic to include a blue whale that was to scale, they could've picked another cetacean or even just a large mammal more generally).

Interesting to note, the Invicta toy is actually more accurate than the life-size model in the museum, which was created before people had a good idea of what a blue whale really looked like. There's a sign in the museum pointing this out - the model is too 'fat' and not as sleek as the real thing.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Takama

I was lucky enough to see that thing in real life

Bokisaurus

stoneage

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: