News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Just married

Started by suspsy, September 13, 2015, 11:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

Congrats!!!!

My wife (of many happy years) is the second biggest dinosaur fan in the house - so I get a fair amount of acceptance for my hobby.  :)

The phrase, Happy wife = happy life is certainly true - but it when you're in love even after 24 years together it still feels amazing!

Tyto_Theropod

Congratulations, Suspsy! I hope you enjoy a long and happy life together. (I'm still on the lookout for a Significant Other who doesn't mind sharing the house with a huge extended family of dinosaurs, not to mention the animals and everything else, but you've shown it can be done! :)))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Georassic

Mamasaurus

Congratulations!  I wish you many happy years together. It's a lot of work, but it's so worth it.  I'm sure you've had far too much marriage advice already, but I would say "thank you" and "I love you" can never be said too often.  Oh yes, and "I'm sorry".   I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon  :))

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

suspsy

Hey all!

We just got back from Martha's Vineyard. Despite my poor wife suffering a sunburn on the second day, it was an absolutely wonderful time, with great weather, delicious food, and beautiful sights. Also, we stopped at Target during the return drive today and I picked up the Battat Amargasaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, and Dacentrurus. Which now strikes me as kind of odd timing given my discovery not five minutes ago that Dan LoRusso has passed away. My last interaction (of sorts) with him was Friday night when he Liked a post I made on Facebook. This is what I wrote:

Only a mere matter of hours left before I am married.

I look back on my life thus far and marvel at how truly amazing it has been. And it was all worth it, the good, the bad, and the ugly. They made me who I am.

Never lose hope. Never give up. Never stop believing in something. Never stop believing in yourself. And never stop loving. Love people, love things, love life, love yourself.

"My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me." -Winston Churchill

Dan's death is yet another reminder to us all about how precious life really is and how we need to cherish every moment of it.

I want to thank everyone for their kind wishes. And congratulations to my fellow Ottawan Doug Watson on his 37th wedding anniversary. I'll actually be turning 37 in just a few weeks. :)

Cheers!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pachyrhinosaurus

Congratulations on your marriage! I'm glad you had a good time on your honeymoon as well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Viking Spawn

suspsy

My wife doesn't like me sharing photos of us on message boards, and I quite agree with that sentiment. But here are a few photos for everyone's enjoyment. One of the things we did to make our wedding special was to construct eleven table numbers out of Lego. I built the prototypes out of random old bricks, counted how many were needed for each number, then she went on Lego.com, picked out the colours that she liked, and placed the order. We also went through my entire collection of minifigures and picked out different ones to decorate each number. Again, my wife had the final say in which ones we used. If it were up to me, I'd have probably gone with lots of monsters. No dinosaur-themed numbers, I'm afraid. There were a number of kids at the wedding and I didn't want to risk losing any of my Lego dinos (as they are VERY expensive to replace).

Here we are on top of the one:

Here we are enjoying one of the many beaches on Martha's Vineyard. :)

And here is what I was able to scoop up at a Target on the way back home.

Have to say again, I'm really going to miss Dan. At least his legacy will live on. :)

DinoToyForum

I'm late to the party, but congratulations Suspsy!  :)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

laticauda

I know I posted a congrats somewhere else, but I'll say it again, Congratulations.  I have been married 13 years and, oh who cares about me, lets talk about you two crazy kids getting hitched.  I love the Legos, great idea for table numbers.  How many did you have left at the end of the night?  I can imagine many of the kids playing with and taking home some of the blocks or figures.  Before I start rambling on and on let me simply say, cherish each other every day, and enjoy the little things.  May you two have a wonderful happy life together, Cheers.  :)

suspsy

Thanks! And what the heck, here's the rest of the numbers we made. As you can see, most of the minifigures are recent, but there are a few oldies in the mix:

The only "casualty" was the horse from Ten. A little girl fell in love with it and kept in her hand the entire evening. How could I possibly have refused to let her keep it? Besides, I have enough Lego horses to build a farm. Also, a number of our guests rebuilt the numbers into all sorts of cool creations. Should've made it a contest. :)

joossa

Congrats, Suspy!

Absolutely LOVE the lego table numbers. Very fun.  :D
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tyrantqueen

I find it kinda funny how almost everyone unanimously spells your username wrong, suspsy ;)

Viking Spawn

suspsy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 19, 2015, 06:07:13 AM
I find it kinda funny how almost everyone unanimously spells your username wrong, suspsy ;)

The story of my online life! :p

Crackington

Congratulations to you and Mrs Suspsy, enjoy married life!

I also love the Lego table numbers and showed them to my daughters - Rapunzel (6), Jaws (5) and Santa (9) are their favourites, though I think I'd plug for the cops and robbers!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on September 19, 2015, 02:23:17 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 19, 2015, 06:07:13 AM

The story of my online life! :p
I thought it was 'Supsy' all this time.  :o
Really creative and diverse, what you did with the Legos. I like it.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: