News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

I just hope these come out early 2016, I don't wanna wait til summer or fall or that raptor!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

sauroid

no matter how odd that Baryonix is, i'd still eventually get it someday. (that pectoral muscle/chest is bugging me though)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Federreptil

I discovered this very late, because maybe the most is still said.
For me it's a typical Papo vintage for mixed emotions. The repaints are for hardcore collectors. So It's a little be curious to see two velociraptor types as 'new'. The feathered Velociraptor is a clear step forward. It's nevertheless a masqueraded reptile but also a beautiful sculpt. For a birdish look you are always wrong at Papo. Many prehistoric animals work also quite fantastic as Hollywood monsters. The Baryonyx is here a very good example. I will prefer some milder interpretations with less spectacular spikes and fighting claws. And many species from Papo have a croc-style like the Dilophosaurus and the Allosaurus. So the Kaprosuchus is as real croc my favorite for 2016. I like the Safari interpretation very much and this looks a little bit like the well-fed cousin. But I can't wait to see the Papo Kaprosuchus in the real life.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: sauroid on December 13, 2015, 03:02:05 PM
no matter how odd that Baryonix is, i'd still eventually get it someday. (that pectoral muscle/chest is bugging me though)

That makes two of us. I still don't like the Bary but my papo collection has to be complete.

Moodyraptor

The more I think about Baryonyx, the more I kind of like it.  I mean, skull inaccuracies aside, who's to say Baryonyx didn't look like a spiny, dewlappy, dumpy, angry hippo-bear?  I'm counting it as part of the All Yesterdays movement myself  ;D

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Moodyraptor on December 13, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
The more I think about Baryonyx, the more I kind of like it.  I mean, skull inaccuracies aside, who's to say Baryonyx didn't look like a spiny, dewlappy, dumpy, angry hippo-bear?  I'm counting it as part of the All Yesterdays movement myself  ;D

The real animal could've definitely been a "spiny, dewlappy, dumpy, angry hippo-bear" but for me as I've said before i think its just to much of a change. Like I didn't even think it was a papo when i first saw it.

Moodyraptor

Quote from: imnewhere on December 13, 2015, 04:29:10 PM
Quote from: Moodyraptor on December 13, 2015, 04:20:23 PM

The real animal could've definitely been a "spiny, dewlappy, dumpy, angry hippo-bear" but for me as I've said before i think its just to much of a change. Like I didn't even think it was a papo when i first saw it.

Well, I admit it has taken me a while to get used to the idea. I was really looking forward to this model and like many others picturing something like the spino without a sail.  I still hope another company will take it upon themselves to finally produce a decent "classic-looking" Baryonyx toy. 

Viking Spawn

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 13, 2015, 01:11:23 AM
whew! i am lucky that i bought green runnig rex before it got retired!

I didn't even think about that.  So the green running Rex is retiring since it is not pictured? 

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on December 13, 2015, 04:48:12 PM

I didn't even think about that.  So the green running Rex is retiring since it is not pictured?

And so marks the day that the green running t-rex becomes as rare as the brown one....
...Lucky for me I have both....

But is it possible that papo would sell two different paint variants for the same figure at the same time??? They've done this with their crocodile with there being a green and an albino version, so couldn't it be possible for them to sell the green and rainbow running rex at the same time? And if these repaints are taking over the old ones does that mean they will stop selling the black raptor in order for the new green one???

Dilopho

I wonder if they will ever repaint the feathered raptor?

Moodyraptor

Quote from: imnewhere on December 13, 2015, 05:15:59 PM

And so marks the day that the green running t-rex becomes as rare as the brown one....

But is it possible that papo would sell two different paint variants for the same figure at the same time??? They've done this with their crocodile with there being a green and an albino version, so couldn't it be possible for them to sell the green and rainbow running rex at the same time? And if these repaints are taking over the old ones does that mean they will stop selling the black raptor in order for the new green one???

IIRC they were selling the green and brown sitting Rex at the same time for a short while at least.  And it looks like the grey/brown raptor is still in the catalogue for now, though this might be a sign they're planning to retire it in the next year or so. 

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Moodyraptor on December 13, 2015, 05:28:46 PM

IIRC they were selling the green and brown sitting Rex at the same time for a short while at least.  And it looks like the grey/brown raptor is still in the catalogue for now, though this might be a sign they're planning to retire it in the next year or so.

Thats right I completely forgot about the baby rex. So it seems that in a years time we can add the black raptor to the list of rare papo figures... funny how that list keeps growing...

Victoria's Cantina

Very unlikely since they made more green running rexes than they ever did brown ones.

empire3569

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 13, 2015, 01:59:09 AM
Might as well sculpt a whole new body, given what we now know about Spino.

The only customising I'm thinking of doing is extending the upper mandible, to get rid of the underbite. I hated the messed up dentition on the running rex and I don't care for it here either.

Also, I am now 25 >:D

Happy birthday!

MLMjp

Quote from: empire3569 on December 13, 2015, 01:45:02 AM
Out of curiosity I whipped this up quickly (please don't judge my MS paint skills :P )

Definitely looks better as a spinosaurus than a baryonyx. I wonder how hard this mod would be to accomplish....

I kinda thought about something like that when I noticed the Spinosaurus like-skull ;)

tyrantqueen

Rain

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 14, 2015, 02:41:50 AM
QuoteHappy birthday!
Thank you :)

Happy belated birthday!  ;D

Quote from: Dilopho on December 13, 2015, 05:22:43 PM
I wonder if they will ever repaint the feathered raptor?

Probably in the future if it sells well.

POP of FAN

Oh, the green running T rex is on page 60 of the 2016 catalog. I simply didn't upload it because there's nothing new there on that page.

And personally i do not believe that this model will be retiring any time soon. ;)

POP of FAN

Quote from: utd7 on December 12, 2015, 08:56:41 PM
Sorry guys but I am a bit of a novice here but I cannot find these blessed images on fb of the 2016 releases as I would like to know there new animal releases as well.

Can someone pls help?

http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t16006p30-papo-2016-revealed-page-4

:)

Viking Spawn

Thank you for clarifiying that for everyone Pop of Fan!  It is appreciated.  :)

And Happy Birthday to Tyrant Queen! 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: