News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darylj

I will certainly be purchasing a papo Baryonyx - and converting / remodeling it so that it stands more... horizontal.
repainting it aswel

just personal preference - not over excited about the pose, but the model is beautiful and i think there is a 'pride of place on my fireplace' model in there somewhere.

gfxtwin

Definitely getting the Raptor and paleocroc.  Those models seem to show the perfect balance between Papo's hyperrealism, stylish badassery and scientific accuracy.  Amazingly Papo's scultor can do feathers almost better than scales.  Might be the best at sculpting feathers you'll find at a toy company.

terrorchicken

thanks for the b-day wishes everyone!

also this pic is hilarious
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on December 15, 2015, 01:54:41 AM

getting back to the thread topic. I really do like that feathered raptor, I dont collect Papo(yet) but if i did Id get it, the carnotaur, sitting T-rex, the apato and one of the other herbivores, maybe the triceratops...

empire3569

I love their apatosaurus; easily my favorite papo. Just wish it was bigger :/

Concavenator

I love the feathered Velociraptor,when is itdoming out?

antorbitalfenestrae

I actually really like all of these, especially the feathered Velociraptor and the Baryonx, which seems to be really polarizing apparently...

I like it, I like Todd Marshall and I like weird fat dinosaurs with lots of weird soft-tissue structures (as long as it's done relatively scientifically)

darylj

who in their right mind doesnt want to own this...

sauroid

Quote from: darylj on December 16, 2015, 09:05:22 AM

that's a cool image modification of the Baryonix. wish it were posed like that in RL.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

empire3569

Quote from: sauroid on December 16, 2015, 12:12:40 PM
Quote from: darylj on December 16, 2015, 09:05:22 AM

that's a cool image modification of the Baryonix. wish it were posed like that in RL.

Agreed. I would probably buy it if it looked like that

Viking Spawn

Me too!  That would be perfect!

Still buying it anyway.

Pawnosuchus

I usually like the Papo's, (The Allosaurus is one of my favorite figures) but that Baryonyx is just butt ugly. As far as the Kaprosuchus, I prefer the Wild Safari one. Just personal preferences but no Papo's for me this year.

Saurox

I still want to see the Baryoyx from different angles before I really judge.

Patrx

Alas, in any pose, the skull shape's still wrong.

Paleona

Welp, I haven't read all the pages of comments, but I have to say I really love the look of the feathered Velociraptor, even if it is a bit off!!  Good on Papo for creating one!  Looking forward to seeing him in person. :)

Everything_Dinosaur

We have been given permission by Papo to publish the images we have on the new for 2016 models.  We have already posted up on Facebook which you can see here: Everything Dinosaur on Facebook

If anyone wants to receive the 300 dpi images then just drop us an email and we would be happy to forward them on.

Request for 300dpi Papo 2016 images]

We will put up a blog article shortly and provide details about release dates and so forth.

tyrantqueen

Already seen them. Thanks to POP of FAN and our Korean members for passing on the information to us. It was super awesome of you to do so.

MLMjp

Quote from: Patrx on December 16, 2015, 03:30:12 PM

Sadly :(

My only hope is that in the final figure the skull somehow will look more closer to the right shape

PaleoMatt

Soooooooooo does anyone have the catalogue link  :o

Halichoeres

Quote from: Patrx on December 16, 2015, 03:30:12 PM

I don't know much about spinosaurid anatomy, would you expand on that? It looks like it has an underbite, but I could be convinced that that's foreshortening because of the angle. Should the lower jaw flare more laterally at the tip? Or is the mandible implausibly heavy? Legitimately curious.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suchomimus

It would appear poor bary suffers from an under-bite :-\ Also, anyone noticed how its right leg doesn't really stand well on the ground? That does give hope to having bary stand horizontally with its left foot kicking off the ground!

On the other hand, just from this angle, what's there not to like about the feathered raptor, accuracy-wise? It looks pretty...convincing to my untrained eye.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: