News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on December 12, 2015, 05:13:44 AM
Honestly, I would've preferred Baryonyx in a quadruped stance if they thought he couldn't stand on two feet.  If he was looking down, I could see it rearing back from something but it looks like it's shouting to the heavens or something.

Also, he has the same armor scutes that Allosaurus has on its chest and the spikes are very similar to that release as well.

Meh, I'm sick of the quadruped Baryonyx meme.

utd7

The feathered raptor looks awesome even better than REBOR's Utahraptor in my opinion. The Kaprosuchus and Baryonyx though are a bit disappointing but knowing me I will still probably buy them.

Where did you guys find these pics cause I like to see the link please.
We live in a Jurassic World

PaleoMatt

Does anyone know where to find the papo 2016 catalogue? A link would be great.

TomWToyForum

Any new birds they're releasing?

Also, I can't tell - is that bare skin on the underside of the neck of the raptor, or feathers?

suspsy

Facebook is full of 2016 Papo images. Just check any of the collecting groups.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Saurox

The feathered Velociraptor looks fantastic. Great sculpt, convincing paint job and I really like the pose.

The Kaprosuchas is also a very good model. I'm not convinced by how they've painted its eye(s) it makes it look cartoony I think, but the rest of it is gorgeous.

The barayonyx has amazing detail in the head (although it looks more spinosaursy to me). It's chubby appearance might have been down to the angle of in which the photograph was taken, however its tail appears very chunky too.
I think I need to see it at multiple angles before I can really make my mind up about it.

the repaints look pretty OK, I would have preferred that they did a few repaints of dinosaurs that they haven't done them of yet e.g. a Parasaurolophus with a earthy brown and tan combo or a Pachycephalosaurus.   

suspsy

If there is one Papo dinosaur that deserves a flashy repaint above all others, it's the Triceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

In urzeitshop.de facebook news from Papo dinosaurs individualized, ie no additional images look.

Moreover although the bayonyx spectacular Papo no longer a monster movie as the vastatosaurus or indomimus rex. There is a real dinosaur is a mixture of godzilla and grizzly bear.

oscars_dinos

I've tried giving it some time to grow on me (and the bear compassion was a cool idea and made me view the figure in a different way) but at the end of the day I still feel disappointed in the Baryonyx. I seem to have basically the same problems that everyone else has with the figure (weird jaw, way to fat, and the tail).

But what truly annoys me is the inconsistency that it has with all the other papo figures (especially the spino). I look at the Baryonyx and then look at the rest of my papo's and I just don't see them mixing well. I'm all up for change (just ask me my opinion on the feathered raptor and you'll see what I mean) but much like the different head sculpts for the standing and running t-rex I feel like there was just way to much change way to fast. I had originally planed on putting the Baryonyx next to my spino in my display because i thought they would look nice together. I was honestly expecting a similar sculpt to the spino just smaller with a different head and more colors, but know that I know what the Baryonyx looks like I don't want to scare my papo spino by putting that monster next to it.

At the end of the day I still love papo but i do feel like this is the only step back in what was almost the best year for the company.

Arul

Yes papo 2016 is everywhere on fb group. Looks like papo 2016 is a trending topic for dino lovers now

pylraster

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 11, 2015, 12:26:59 PM

It's simply rearing. But if you want to see it as a Kaiju, maybe it is fighting the Schleich Therizinosaurus.

I think they'll get along well.

MLMjp

Quote from: pylraster on December 12, 2015, 06:10:17 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 11, 2015, 12:26:59 PM

It's simply rearing. But if you want to see it as a Kaiju, maybe it is fighting the Schleich Therizinosaurus.

I think they'll get along well.

LOOOOLLLLL ;D ;D ;D ;D Good one there ;D

tanystropheus

The Baryonyx looks like it could be a real animal...j/k 
I still love it, nevertheless.
It seems 'reborized'.

The Kapro looks amazing. Not sure if it is better than the Safariversion. I have to see it in person.

Does anyone know if the feathered Velociraptor's head shape is reasonably correct?

MLMjp

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 12, 2015, 07:33:06 PM
The Baryonyx looks like it could be a real animal...j/k 
I still love it, nevertheless.
It seems 'reborized'.

The Kapro looks amazing. Not sure if it is better than the Safariversion. I have to see it in person.

Does anyone know if the feathered Velociraptor's head shape is reasonably correct?

In my opinion the general shape of the head resembles velociraptor or can pass as velociraptor, but other members differ on this

Silvanusaurus

I fail to see how the Baryonyx is any less believable than their first 'sitting' t-rex or velociraptor, which if compared to the anatomy of the 'real' animals, look absolutely ridiculous. I realise those are based on Jurassic Park and the Baryonyx isn't, but I'm just talking about them as models in and of themselves. The new Baryonyx looks more like a real animal to me than those two, even if it is quite far-fetched. It definitely seems to me that it isn't designed as an upright animal, but is simply in an admittedly unusual upright pose.

pylraster

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 12, 2015, 08:13:18 PM
I fail to see how the Baryonyx is any less believable than their first 'sitting' t-rex or velociraptor, which if compared to the anatomy of the 'real' animals, look absolutely ridiculous. I realise those are based on Jurassic Park and the Baryonyx isn't, but I'm just talking about them as models in and of themselves. The new Baryonyx looks more like a real animal to me than those two, even if it is quite far-fetched. It definitely seems to me that it isn't designed as an upright animal, but is simply in an admittedly unusual upright pose.

Agreed. Animals do change their poses once in a while.

The new Papo Tiger is also in a tripod position. We know tigers don't walk around like that, and just probably a position it held for a few seconds (fighting, or trying to intimidate a rival). So, why can't they cut the Baryonyx some slack? :D It's a bipedal (or occasional quadruped/biped?) creature already, and just because the tail's on the ground, doesn't mean that Papo intended this to be a tail-dragger.

Good points on the jaw though, it doesn't resemble what's known from the fossil. But it's artistic, and I like it.

oscars_dinos

Even if it is anatomically correct I feel that the Baryonyx is still missing the believable and naturalistic look that is even in the worst scientifically inaccurate dinosaurs that papo makes. Their first 'sitting' t-rex and velociraptor may be inaccurate but they still seem like something that could exist in nature and not like a monster.

utd7

Sorry guys but I am a bit of a novice here but I cannot find these blessed images on fb of the 2016 releases as I would like to know there new animal releases as well.

Can someone pls help?
We live in a Jurassic World

pylraster

Quote from: imnewhere on December 12, 2015, 08:54:34 PM

Even if it is anatomically correct I feel that the Baryonyx is still missing the believable and naturalistic look that is even in the worst scientifically inaccurate dinosaurs that papo makes. Their first 'sitting' t-rex and velociraptor may be inaccurate but they still seem like something that could exist in nature and not like a monster.

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: imnewhere on December 12, 2015, 08:54:34 PM

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster.

....well played....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: