News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffysaurus

Pictures from Everything Dinosaur

Plesiosuchus

Iguanodon

Shunosaurus

Masiakasaurus

Carcharodontosaurus

Here they are for those who want to see (scan from Prehistoric Times magazine).

[Edited to give source - Admin]
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

suspsy

So, we are getting a metriorhynchid! Fantastic!

And that looks like Giganotosaurus and Iguanodon! Papo will be cross!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleona

Hadrosaurs!!! <3  Very cool, I'm looking forward to seeing larger pics of these guys! :D

Kovu

If that's a Shunosaurus I'm going to be quite happy!

Ezikot

they look really promising!
thank you, Dinofiel

sauroid

so there we have it, the six new figures for 2016.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

sauroid

the mammoth calf looks new to me.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Nah, that baby mammoth has been around for years.

postsaurischian

sauroid

Quote from: suspsy on October 14, 2015, 04:08:12 PM
Nah, that baby mammoth has been around for years.
you're right.

so we are getting
"Metriorhynchus"
"Giganotosaurus"
Iguanodon
"Muttaburrasaurus"
long-neck theropod
i wonder what the sixth figure will be...

Shonisaurus

It seems that the prehistoric mammals reissued Safari. It seems a good idea because they were very good.

Shonisaurus

Liliensternus is perhaps a dinosaur that is before megatherium.

suspsy

I'm pretty sure the green theropod is Masiakasaurus and the short-necked sauropod is Brachytrachelopan. But I wonder which metriorhynchid that is. The snout looks too wide for Metriorhynchus itself.

Also, I'm betting the sixth toy is a ceratopsian.

ChubbyTaco

Oh yeh! The giganotosaurus is cool.Is there any pterosaurs for 2016 by safari?

sauroid

WHAT? that's a Sauropod? looks like a Hadrosaur or an Iguanodont to me.  :o

EarthboundEiniosaurus

The "long necked theropod" as you call it looks like a Masiakasaurus to me. The beige and creme quadruped in the foreground is a Muttaburrasaurus? it looks very much like a Shunosaurus or Isanosaurus to me, but i'd be happy either way. Also, is that ground sloth new, or is it a potential reissue? Overall, very excited for next years lineup! ;D

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

suspsy

Looks like a Brachytrachelopan to me:

The mammals look neat, but they're all old toys. Awhile back, Doug Watson said that there wouldn't be any mammals for 2016.

Patrx

Oh, how exciting! They all look very promising indeed. Slightly disappointed to see no feathery creatures - but maybe the sixth one will be? So far, it looks like:
Iguanodon, Masiakasaurus(?), Giganotosaurus, a hadrosaur, and a metriorhynchid. Great lineup!

postsaurischian

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on October 14, 2015, 04:26:20 PM
is that ground sloth new, or is it a potential reissue?

All mammals are re-issues. All are by Doug Watson :).

I'm very happy with the Iguanodon. Safari definitely needed an update.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: