News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Quote from: suspsy on October 14, 2015, 04:21:53 PM
I wonder which metriorhynchid that is. The snout looks too wide for Metriorhynchus itself.

Maybe Dakosaurus?

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 14, 2015, 04:32:15 PM
Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on October 14, 2015, 04:26:20 PM
is that ground sloth new, or is it a potential reissue?

All mammals are re-issues. All are by Doug Watson :).

I'm very happy with the Iguanodon. Safari definitely needed an update.

Ok, thanks  :)
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Concavenator

I think the big theropod is a Carcharodontosaurus,not a Giganotosaurus.And I think the sauropod is a Shunosaurus.

suspsy

Quote from: Patrx on October 14, 2015, 04:33:06 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 14, 2015, 04:21:53 PM
I wonder which metriorhynchid that is. The snout looks too wide for Metriorhynchus itself.

Maybe Dakosaurus?

Doesn't look wide enough for Dakosaurus! Perhaps Torvoneustes or Plesiosuchus?

Quote from: Concavenator on October 14, 2015, 04:37:00 PM
I think the big theropod is a Carcharodontosaurus,not a Giganotosaurus.And I think the sauropod is a Shunosaurus.

Neck looks too short for Shunosaurus. I'm convinced it's Brachytrachelopan. But you could be right about Carcharodontosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Dinofiel, I want to credit the source for the image you posted, am I right to say you scanned this from Prehistoric Times?

Shonisaurus

It may be what it says suspsy. But Masiakasaurus has very protruding teeth, ultimately a strange teeth. The fact and truth that unfortunately are not seen very well the figures.

Patrx

Quote from: suspsy on October 14, 2015, 04:38:01 PM
Doesn't look wide enough for Dakosaurus! Perhaps Torvoneustes or Plesiosuchus?

Neck looks too short for Shunosaurus. I'm convinced it's Brachytrachelopan.

Good point; I knew there had to be at least a few taxa in between Metriorhynchus and Dakosaurus in terms of snout width  ;D
I guess I just assumed that figure was a hadrosaur, but now you mention it, the skull doesn't look the part. Brachytrachelopan seems like a reasonable diagnosis indeed.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 14, 2015, 04:42:36 PM
But Masiakasaurus has very protruding teeth, ultimately a strange teeth. The fact and truth that unfortunately are not seen very well the figures.

I think the teeth are pretty visible in the photo, so I hope it's a Masiakasaurus. Otherwise, the teeth may just be a little crude and outsized.

Paleona

Quote from: sauroid on October 14, 2015, 04:25:07 PM
WHAT? that's a Sauropod? looks like a Hadrosaur or an Iguanodont to me.  :o

That's exactly what I was thinking.  ???  I don't think it's a Shunosaurus, but maybe a Brachytrachelopan, like suspsy suggested, if it's a sauropod? 

Roselaar

Very cool! An interesting choice fo species to be sure. Can't wait for better quality individual pics of these! :)

Concavenator

I want that Brachytrachelopan! It's imo the best lf the group.I imagined Safari would like to resculpt their Carcharodontosaurus due to the CollectA model.

John

I see in there
Masiakasaurus knopfleri,Shunosaurus lii,Iguanodon bernissartensis,Dakosaurus maximus & an updated sculpt of Carcharodontosaurus saharicus

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Yutyrannus

Those look great! My favorite so far is the Shunosaurus/Brachytrachelopan, but I definitely want to get a better look at the Carcharodontosaurus, Masiakasaurus, and Dakosaurus.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

MLMjp

I would have prefered to see individual images, but ok :)
Moving on to the figures ....
The first impressions are not as good as expected, but it is just me ::)
If the green theropod is a Masiakasaurus I doubt that I will pick up for reasons of scale (I am one of those who likes their figures to be in scale, my standard is between 1:40 and 1:30, with some exceptions) the same with the possible giganotosaurus, which it may be small for me, unless it is another carcharodontosaurid, in which case I will see. Probably the same with the metriorhynchid. Preferences aside they look really good.
I like the iguanodon, I need to compare it with the future papo one.
And I will say nothing of the unknown sauropod / ornithopod until I know exactly what is.
I need to see official pictures!  :)
Come on Safari! :D

PaleoMatt

Another Giga!! A good friend for my beloved carnegie giga (best figure ever imo) Also the metriorynchid looks fantastic and the rest of them :)

Balaur

Wow, those look wonderful! I'm really excited for the Masiakasaurus, Iguanodon, and the metriorhynchid! Sixth better be a ceratopsian!

PaleoMatt

Maybe the new ceratopsian could be the recently discovered Wendiceratops or Regaliceratops?

Ezikot

really curious to see a better pic of the iguanodon,
i'm intrigued by the color scheme (those purple "stripes")

Simon

Halichoeres

These all look very promising to me. I hope the Carcharodontosaurus/Giganotosaurus is as imposing as it looks in the photo relative to the others. Maybe the metriorhynchid is a Suchodus like the Toob one seems to be?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Thanks for the image!

The metryorhynchoid is interesting!  I wonder which species it is?  Two of the other new figures look like Masiakasaurus and Iguanodon.  The other theropod looks like a carcharodontosaurid.  I'm going to guess it's Neovenator.

It's good to see Safari prehistoric mammals being re-issued.  I'm not interested in getting prehistoric mammal toys, but they are great and I'm sure a lot of people are going to be happy to have them.  We wouldn't be seeing these mammals re-issued right now if Safari hadn't ended its partnership with Carnegie.  It's nice to see good as a result of that end, so soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: