News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovu

Quote from: Takama on October 24, 2015, 07:00:10 AM
I would love that a lot if Safari would let him do that.

Dude, just imagine the possibilities! A Maiasaura, a new Parasaurolophus, Shantungosaurus, Saurolophus, Tenontosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Olorotitan, Shantungosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus, the list is endless! Shantungosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It will great to have a Masiakasaurus finally, it's one i've considered adding to the park.

Will be getting them all. The only thing i'm disappointed about is the lack of another Doug Watson ceratopsian.. ;)

Takama

Quote from: Kovu on October 24, 2015, 07:05:31 AM

Dude, just imagine the possibilities! A Maiasaura, a new Parasaurolophus, Shantungosaurus, Saurolophus, Tenontosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Olorotitan, Shantungosaurus, Muttaburrasaurus, the list is endless! Shantungosaurus.

The problem is would the public be as thrilled by them as with the Ceratopsians?

I also wished The Sauropelta was the start of a new wave of Armored Dinosaurs.   Only One is not enough for the Wild Safari Collection, and im disappointed there is not a new one for this year.

But hey im happy that we got a new small species, and a Sauropod thats been rumored for years.

John

Yes,that would be great!I would love to see the huge Mongolian hadrosaur Saurolophus angustirostris especially one of these days. ;D

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Dinomike

That shunosaurus has to be my favorite! Love the coloration too!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ITdactyl

As a pterosaur guy, I'm slightly disappointed.  But that Iguanodon calls to me... Imusthaveit....

Nebuloid

I'm very dissapointed in these. Last year I bought almost all Safari releases, will only get the Iguanodon now...

Concavenator

They look far better than the PT pic.My opinions:

Plesiosuchus:flawless.It's a very cool model of an interesting animal.
Shunosaurus:definetely my favorite of the bunch.It looks gorgeous!
Iguanodon:looks fine.Looks much better than what the PT pic showed,again.
Carcharodontosaurus:this is in my opinion,better than CollectA's.It feels more accurate.And I love it.
Masiakasaurus:I don't like the colors.Otherwise,it's good.

Doug,can you post pics of the sculpts,given the official announcement has finally arrived?

sauroid

yeah it would be cool if Safari start putting out the smaller species of Sauropods in the future.
also, just wondering, if Doug didnt sculpt some of the other recent (the last ten years) WS figures, who did them? to be fair, they are also good.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ezikot

how nice!
it seems they all will range from very good to must-haves! :)

Mr. Doug Watson, thank you very much for your art!!!

may i ask why some you are complaining about the Masiakasaurus?
is it just the colour scheme or am i missing something?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: deanm on October 23, 2015, 11:51:25 PM
All look to be nice figures. 

My only disappointment is no pterosaur figure from Safari this year. I like their pterosaurs!

More pterosauridos would have liked me. The rhamphorhynchus and dimorphodon, tapejara were fantastic.

deanm

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 24, 2015, 11:14:00 AM
Quote from: deanm on October 23, 2015, 11:51:25 PM
All look to be nice figures. 

My only disappointment is no pterosaur figure from Safari this year. I like their pterosaurs!

More pterosauridos would have liked me. The rhamphorhynchus and dimorphodon, tapejara were fantastic.

I absolutely agree.  The quality of those figures is fantastic. 

Daspletodave

I'd buy every one of those dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

In spice I am interested in a saurolophus and more if it is Safari or Collecta. On the market of a company only known dinosaur toy I know the legendary company tyco toys saurolophus.

terrorchicken

I wonder if the shunosaurus will be to scake with the Colorata Yangchuanosaurus and tuojiangosaurus?

Arul

There is a huge different between collecta and safari with how they made carcharodontosaurus  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

ChubbyTaco

There are also  the baby Woolly Mammoth, the Megatherium (giant ground sloth), Amebelodon and the glyptodont Doedicurus (Re issues of the previous models). Here are the pictures of safari and collecta carcharodontosaurus.

Mitko

Apart from having a rather thin tail and the arms are kind of bigger than they should be, this is one pretty good Carcharodontosaurus. As for CollectA's Carcharodontosaurus, I would say although its purposely made wide hips, the only significant inaccuracy is its head. Which (I think) is based on the older skull length estimation of 160cm, while newer estimations propose a 150-155cm skull length. Carcharodontosauridae skull to body length ratio is 1/8-1/8.9 and the CollectA's one is ~1/7. Or if they had made the figure longer and the ratio would have matched.

All of this is written according to what I have read about this dinosaur and also my opinion on it.
:)

I am talking about SGM-Din 1, if we talk about Stromer's one then we are looking at a "much" smaller animal.

darth daniel

A big thanks for the Shunosaurus! :) Although a bit small for my taste, it is awesome. More Chinese sauropods for next year please! :)

I also wonder why the Masiakasaurus polarises so much. I actually think it´s the best sculpt of the new figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: