News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Club Selection: The Hatchling T-Rex "Rudy"

Started by joossa, October 16, 2015, 07:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor The Hatchling T-Rex "Rudy"
Rebor Club Selection
1,000 Worldwide Limited Edition
Scale: No Scale
Tease Date: 10/16/15
Black and White Image Release Date: N/A
Official Color Images Released on: 11/02/15
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: Before December 5, 2015 for the US, December 1, 2015 for the UK

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's The Hatchling T-Rex "Rudy". Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

03/30/15:
QuoteHow about a little Prince this Xmas

10/16/15:
QuoteWe have a little tradition here, right after we've released the official photos of an existing product, we will reveal the tease of a new product...wait, what's this? A new baby in the house? Can it be??? OMG it's a boy! IT'S A BOY!!!!!

11/02/15:
QuoteAs now we are slowly heading into the Christmas season, we would like to introduce you Jolly's good friend "Rudy" the Hatchling T-rex! This is another REBOR Christmas Special and yes like Jolly's Santa hat, Rudy has a little reindeer antler headband ( we've also tried to give him a red nose, unfortunately it doesn't look good on him), if you had ever dressed up your pets with one of these then you will know how it works.

Rudy is Jolly's companion piece, they were designed to go together and will both look great on your shelf with their interactive postures , every year you can always dress them up to bring more holiday spirit to your home during the Christmas season. So for those who have already adopted Jolly, Rudy also wants to go home with you!

Jolly and Rudy are not related to King T-rex and King Trident as they are both from the Baby-dino Land, they will never fight each other and will always be good friends forever. War is over if you want to, war is over now :)

11/03/15:
QuoteFB user: When in the US?
Rebor: should be ready before 5th of December

FB User: So when's it available? Have you no time to respond to your customers anymore?
Rebor: Will be available in UK on the 1st of December

Tease Image: (10/16/15)

Color Preview Image: (11/01/15)

Official Color Image: (11/02/15)

Additional Color Image: (11/03/15)

More Color Images: (11/04/15)

FB Cover Photo: (12/0215)

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

The "Royal Family" is nearing completion!   8)

Dinoguy2

Well, certainly not aiming for any kind of accuracy here, this looks like it might be inspired by the Mario movie, or maybe Prehysteria...?
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Shadowknight1

I'll have to see more before I can say one way or the other if I'll get it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

QuelQuelQuel

It's Chomper from Land Before Time :)

LophoLeeVT

i heard sombody say it is buddy from dinosaur train...lol
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Dilopho

PaleoMatt

I'm hoping for feathers since rebor claims to be accurate

Dinoguy2

Quote from: TE Matt on October 18, 2015, 11:36:45 AM

Apparently they have specifically said the hatchlings are NOT meant to be accurate. If they were, this would look like a baby t. rex, not a tiny big-headed adult T. rex (which is why people are posting all these cartoon references - it looks like a cartoon version of a baby rex, and nothing at all like a real one).

Real baby rexes would have had long, narrow snouts, more like this (reconstructed) juvenile.

Anyway, if even the baby raptors models didn't have feathers, there's no way the baby T. rex would.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

CityRaptor

Thus it would be more accurate if it was Jurassic Park inspired.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on October 18, 2015, 12:17:23 PM
Quote from: TE Matt on October 18, 2015, 11:36:45 AM

Apparently they have specifically said the hatchlings are NOT meant to be accurate. If they were, this would look like a baby t. rex, not a tiny big-headed adult T. rex (which is why people are posting all these cartoon references - it looks like a cartoon version of a baby rex, and nothing at all like a real one).

Real baby rexes would have had long, narrow snouts, more like this (reconstructed) juvenile.

nfo
Anyway, if even the baby raptors models didn't have feathers, there's no way the baby T. rex would.
thanks for the info but why make it innacurate when you can make it accurate i dont get it

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: TE Matt on October 18, 2015, 06:02:22 PM
thanks for the info but why make it innacurate when you can make it accurate i dont get it

Because actual baby T-Rex's aren't all that recognisable as T-Rex's to the general public whereas the cartoonish versions used frequently in popular culture are far more marketable. Rebor have to make money, I'm willing to bet their JP T-Rex is by far their biggest earner, if releasing a 'Chomper' or a 'Cera' clone allows them to continue to finance making more Acro's and Ceratosaurus's then it's only a good thing.

Dobber

Quote from: raptor64870 on October 18, 2015, 06:05:55 AM
i heard sombody say it is buddy from dinosaur train...lol

Oh Crap! Now I can't unsee that! Lol! I knew the silhouette reminded me of something, that was it!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

PaleoMatt

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on October 18, 2015, 08:56:39 PM

Because actual baby T-Rex's aren't all that recognisable as T-Rex's to the general public whereas the cartoonish versions used frequently in popular culture are far more marketable. Rebor have to make money, I'm willing to bet their JP T-Rex is by far their biggest earner, if releasing a 'Chomper' or a 'Cera' clone allows them to continue to finance making more Acro's and Ceratosaurus's then it's only a good thing.
I understand :) but we still need to inform people of the future and not stay stuck in the past forcefield which is 2 thirds broken now as we delve into the real world. More reasons why I love CollectA

CityRaptor

It's kinda ironic that the past is one field where we must not be stuck in the past.

Although it is interesting that the depiction of Baby T.rex in TLW:JP is apparently not that popular, given how JP Dinosaurs tend to appear everywhere...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fluffysaurus

The hatchlings were not meant to be accurate. Raptors arent accurate either so it wont be a shock. I am looking forward to this little Guy.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on October 18, 2015, 08:56:39 PM

I believe you are correct in that their King T Rex is their biggest seller, especially due to it JP influence.  This model has now sold out several times at the BBTS and is once again on back order. 

I think the egg editions are meant to be cute collectors items and not to be taken seriously in terms of accuracy.  Their baby Trike with a Santa hat should make this obvious.  Just like the baby raptor trio is suppose to remind us of the JP incubation chamber in the genetic lab.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on October 17, 2015, 12:01:30 PM
Well, certainly not aiming for any kind of accuracy here, this looks like it might be inspired by the Mario movie, or maybe Prehysteria...?

I actually wouldn't so much if it looked like "Elvis"..always loved those designs in Prehysteria.

Now Mario..yeah I can see that..also maybe a bit like Fantasia?

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 19, 2015, 04:36:53 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on October 17, 2015, 12:01:30 PM

I actually wouldn't so much if it looked like "Elvis"..always loved those designs in Prehysteria.

Now Mario..yeah I can see that..also maybe a bit like Fantasia?

Oh that takes a trip down memory lane, i loved those movies.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Does this mean Princey here will come with anther Santa hat? Or raindeer antlers. ;)
He's cute though. I'll have to get him

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: